1/6 Hot Toys - What If...? - Spider-Man (Zombie Hunter Ver.) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crack in the suit spotted at 2:47 at the left hip. Otherwise figure looks great.

What's crazy is this is advertised as 1540 HKD or $198 USD...yet SS is charging $270 for it???

That's why so many basic figures now start at a standard $250-270 range. HT pricing isn't the problem, it's SS's price gouging. A 36% price increase from the suggested retail price + another $20 as the baseline for shipping + tax + $10 if you want it double boxed (which many other vendors offer for free)...yeesh.

No wonder why SS wants to squash HK sellers.

Makes sense. Take off the cape and it's basically the suit used at Avengers Campus in Disneyland.

worldwide-engineering-brigade-spiderman-suit-disneyland-800x423.jpg

That may be extra incentive for people who wanted that look but might otherwise not be interested in What If? stuff.

Oh nice! I wasn't aware of this, but this is cool, another nice Spider suit design.

What's crazy is this is advertised as 1540 HKD or $198 USD...yet SS is charging $270 for it???

That's why so many basic figures now start at a standard $250-270 range. HT pricing isn't the problem, it's SS's price gouging. A 36% price increase from the suggested retail price + another $20 as the baseline for shipping + tax + $10 if you want it double boxed (which many other vendors offer for free)...yeesh.

The 3 main shops I buy from in hong kong arent listing this yet unless I'm just blind (giantoy, toyswonderland, and tnsfigures), but toysbuyingagent has this for 1,980 hkd which per google today equals...

1,980 Hong Kong Dollar equals
254.58 United States Dollar

Where in HK had it for 1540? I may order if its that low.

The 3 main shops I buy from in hong kong arent listing this yet unless I'm just blind (giantoy, toyswonderland, and tnsfigures), but toysbuyingagent has this for 1,980 hkd which per google today equals...

1,980 Hong Kong Dollar equals
254.58 United States Dollar

Where in HK had it for 1540? I may order if its that low.
That’s the Secret Base price, direct from Hot Toys.

Yeah, when I seen that I really had to process it. This Covid really has shaken things up, prices and shipping times. It is still a work in progress with each figure it's own separate case. But that much of a jump on a basic Spidey figure is disappointing.

Shipping from overseas is four times more expensive than it was a year ago. more cargo, less ships and containers to move it. The average price for one 40 foot container is over $8000 at the moment. Then figure in things all american based businesses have to pay like higher wages than HK, property tax, electricity costs, insurance, etc. it's going to be more expensive. It is just the state of the world right now i mean my 3 year old vehicle is worth $10,000 more than MSRP in 2018.

Shipping from overseas is four times more expensive than it was a year ago. more cargo, less ships and containers to move it. The average price for one 40 foot container is over $8000 at the moment. Then figure in things all american based businesses have to pay like higher wages than HK, property tax, electricity costs, insurance, etc. it's going to be more expensive. It is just the state of the world right now i mean my 3 year old vehicle is worth $10,000 more than MSRP in 2018.
Here comes inflation!

The only flaw in logic when it comes to SS is they did this long before the increase in overseas shipping. It is pretty telling when at any given time I can buy a Hot Toys from Asia with DHL shipping and still pay less than I would have to for SS.

Not defending SS but you can buy almost anything from Asia cheaper than in the US. That is the reason we build things over there. So we can an import it and make a profit. Unfortunately we want cheap products but also high wages. It's much more expensive to do business here in the US than over in Asia so SS has to charge more to stay in business, pay employees a good wage and make a profit.

I hate it because part of me wants to buy overseas but another part of me wants to support US jobs.

The only flaw in logic when it comes to SS is they did this long before the increase in overseas shipping. It is pretty telling when at any given time I can buy a Hot Toys from Asia with DHL shipping and still pay less than I would have to for SS.
Taxes. Got to pay them in California, where they tax you for walking out the door. Might not have to with certain vendors, but SS is like $24 for 1 figure. Some online purchasing you can avoid taxes on when out of state, although it just probably isn't enforced properly and are small businesses.

Last I heard, China is given a developing nation break on shipping to the U.S. and that helps kower the cost. Yeah, they shouldn't have it but still do.

In the past I was happy to pay a premium to SS because their customer service used to be fantastic. These days it is more average so will take my money elsewhere.

I am getting two of these. I am going to make the blue color darker on one.

It's weird that there's no unmasked head with this as he spend 99% of the episode with his mask off.

So where are the best places to buy over seas? Cause yeah, its getting sooo expensive.

Back