1/6 Hot Toys - What If...? - Spider-Man (Zombie Hunter Ver.) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That suit material makes this a pass. :monkey2 Reminds me of the first prototype of the ASM2 suit. Really weird material that they went with.

spider-man_marvel_gallery_5c4b9e0a53e33.jpg
I'm not sure about that ... it looks just like the Advanced suit material to me ...?

I see no zombie hunter weaponry! If I were going to go on a zombie hunt, I think I'd call Blade...Punisher...Bucky

Joking aside, I like how this looks. Will buy IF the cape is easily removable. Won't preorder, will only get later on once that is established. If I miss out....meh, no big deal.

yeah....no....why of all What if..? option, they go again with a spidey first? Pretty lame ... Cap-Zombie would be awesome!

I see no zombie hunter weaponry! If I were going to go on a zombie hunt, I think I'd call Blade...Punisher...Bucky

Joking aside, I like how this looks. Will buy IF the cape is easily removable. Won't preorder, will only get later on once that is established. If I miss out....meh, no big deal.
Which got me thinking...that maybe he isn't out to kill the Zombies, but out to cure them.
yeah....no....why of all What if..? option, they go again with a spidey first? Pretty lame ... Cap-Zombie would be awesome!
Zombie Cap is shown...

I wish he would have had the unmasked head. Would have justified ordering the figure.

I like this, aside from the material. I've been passing on so many spider-man figs because I'm buying into the rumors of Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire showing up in NWH. In which case my wallet will be crying enough lol

I see no zombie hunteWill buy IF the cape is easily removable. Won't preorder, will only get later on once that is established. If I miss out....meh, no big deal.
I assume the cape attaches via magnets, the only potential pitfall being if the magnets under the suit stick out/remain visible.

It's not a bad looking suit, but with Classic on the way I don't need this. What I really want them to do is a black suit Spidey.

I assume the cape attaches via magnets, the only potential pitfall being if the magnets under the suit stick out/remain visible.

It's not a bad looking suit, but with Classic on the way I don't need this. What I really want them to do is a black suit Spidey.
You are correct, based on what the description says. Agreed, it then becomes a question of whether those magnets are visible or not. Having de-suited a couple spideys, Hot Toys generally embeds the magnets within the body, so this should be flush as well.

That being said, I also agree with others that with a PS4 classic Spidey on the way, this figure loses a few points. I'm actually most interested in the simpler-looking Cloak of Levitation. Strange's MCU Cloak has always looked like Grandma's Quilt to me.

Makes sense. Take off the cape and it's basically the suit used at Avengers Campus in Disneyland.

worldwide-engineering-brigade-spiderman-suit-disneyland-800x423.jpg

That may be extra incentive for people who wanted that look but might otherwise not be interested in What If? stuff.

That suit material makes this a pass. :monkey2 Reminds me of the first prototype of the ASM2 suit. Really weird material that they went with.

spider-man_marvel_gallery_5c4b9e0a53e33.jpg
Yea, but remember, the final figure's suit was not made from that crappy material, and actually looks pretty good. Hopefully this will take that same path.

Yea, but remember, the final figure's suit was not made from that crappy material, and actually looks pretty good. Hopefully this will take that same path.
That's because final version was completely changed due to people complaining. They actually went the smart route and made the entire figure out of proper stitched fabric.

Something Hot Toys has yet to EVER do again with a Spider-Man figure. :cuckoo: God forbid we actually want to pose our Spider-Man figures without the material totally ******** itself.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's because final version was completely changed due to people complaining. They actually went the smart route and made the entire figure out of proper stitched fabric.

Something Hot Toys has yet to EVER do again with a Spider-Man figure. :cuckoo: God forbid we actually want to pose our Spider-Man figures without the material totally ******** itself.

maxresdefault.jpg
Hopefully that will happen again in this case.

I'm actually most interested in the simpler-looking Cloak of Levitation. Strange's MCU Cloak has always looked like Grandma's Quilt to me.
I'd have to think about that. At first glance this is a simpler design but still looks pretty blanket-y to me. I agree that the Strange cloak didn't scale down so well, too ornate, too much detail IMO.

Back