1/6 Hot Toys - What If...? - Peggy Carter & Hydra Stomper Collectible Figure (Teaser)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The showrunners for What If have already confirmed Captain Carter will be back in Season 2, as she is going to be one of the key characters to tie them together. So at least she won't be a one off.
That's interesting. Maybe that's why HT went to the extent to do this figure complete with Hydra Stomper ?

I guess they could have used something like the IGOR body as a base so not a huge amount of work.

It'd be a purely in and out mission....what could go wrong ??
Indeed!

excellent-idea-cant-1d99ee.jpg

The Mech suit and Carter look good, the Rogers looks kinda cheap to me.

At least now a 3rd party company can make their own casted heads from these but give them more realistic hair and paint details. The sculpts themselves seem good minus the hair of course.

Although I would prefer a more realistic style for the head sculpts I'll still be picking these up. I love Peggy and I've been bitching for years about how Hot Toys hasn't given us one, so it would be really silly for me to not purchase this. Also I think if this Peggy sells well, Hot Toys will be more likely to consider giving us a Peggy with a realistic head sculpt sometime down the road.

Also, from a purely aesthetic point of view, Hot Toys did a great job with these. I watched the show last night and Hot Toys absolutely nailed these. They won't look right on the shelf with my regular figure display, but they'll look just fine on their own shelf, potentially with other What-If...? figures.

I want the Hydra Stomper as well. I won't display Cap anyway so not too troubled by the cartoon sculpt. The Peggy sculpt is cartoony for sure but has more elements of realism than Steve.

Maybe one of the Steve Rogers sculpts from a different version of Cap like the Civil War or Endgame unhelmeted sculpts could be used on this What If body ...that could look pretty cool

Maybe one of the Steve Rogers sculpts from a different version of Cap like the Civil War or Endgame unhelmeted sculpts could be used on this What If body ...that could look pretty cool
That wouldn’t work, unfortunately.
Those heads are too large in comparison to how small the Skinny Steve body will be.
Here’s how it will be compared to a “normal” sized Cap.
9DF491AF-4F5B-472B-BC6D-E16A3C77C8B6.jpeg

Back