1/6 Hot Toys - What If...? - Peggy Carter & Hydra Stomper Collectible Figure (Teaser)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. Easier and quicker for them to paint. Probably cheaper too.

Surely they would be a separate little group in most peoples collections anyway.
Yeah, if they do enough of these it’ll make for a cool standalone What if? display. The show has some great designs.

Though when I saw the tease, I thought it’d be cool to either put her in a display with other MCU Caps or with a few MCU heroines.

But I’m enough of a fan of Hayley Atwell to still consider getting the figure.

This is the first thing they have shown in months that has gotten my attention. They both look great.

Very glad Hot Toys is finally doing a Carter figure! Now to hope they sell them individually and not as a super expensive set.

Surprised that they went with animated style heads since they did not do that for the Clone Wars figures. Maybe an indication they are planning to go much deeper into this line than the Clone Wars one?

Worryingly tempting. Will probably wait until there's a final product in 2.5 years to help decide, but I like the animated heads on HT figs more than I thought I would. Peggy and Stomper would be a great top shelf display.

I'm not really interested in these animated versions. I am curious how HT prices these vs. their realistic 1/6 scale figures. The What If? animation style on which they are based doesn't appear highly detailed, so relatively speaking they "look" more cheaply made.

So, why are they going animated look with this but not any of the SW: Bad Batch? That animated look doesn't really fit in with the already established collection.

I'm actually surprised these are being shown before the series has even debuted. One would think Marvel would have put the kibosh on that. Provided the episode is good I'd consider picking it up if it included realistic portraits. Are they confirmed to be animated portraits only? I really like the retro-style armor, but to me Captain Carter looks to be a pretty quickly put together prototype. The body proportions are off and the outfit looks plain and somewhat ill-fitting. The same is somewhat true for skinny Steve as well. Also, if the characters even briefly show up in Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness, they won't be animated. So it's possible there will be realistic portraits.

I really like the animated style, it feels like a fresh take and something that might look good along side the Spider-Verse Miles. If they were to show up in live action I could possibly see Marvel x Hot Toys double dip and release a movie version. ( Photos from Hot Toys Facebook)

HotToys_Animated_HeadSculpts.png

They finally make a Peggy Carter and it's in an animated style that won't display with any of the proper MCU stuff.

Pretty dumb decision making, IMO.

Agreed. Been waiting ages for a HT Peggy Carter figure - looks like I'll be waiting a little longer!

Really looking forward to the series but not really interested in getting any figures from it. If the rumors are true and she is in the next Doctor Strange movie, maybe then there might be a figure made of her which would be a more likely purchase...but this animated version is an easy pass for me. Pity they can't include a realistic head sculpt in with it so it can be displayed alongside other MCU figures (although it would bump up the price no doubt). Still maybe a third party company will step up and release one.

It doesn't help that neither the sculpt or animation really look all that much like Atwell. The hairstyle is the only thing that clues you into who this is supposed to be.

I was really looking forward to this but the style and overall appearance are not really what I prefer.
As other members have mentioned, will wait and see how she (or they) would look in Dr. Strange sequel.

I'll probably pick them up. It's different enough to be cool. I would just mix them in with the Spider-Verse figures and it could be a pretty awesome display.

Back