1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pics)

You don't have to be Nostradamus to foresee a lot of complaints with the rubber issue!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pics)

I could see the rubber panties reacting to the under suit and belt. This also has painted rubber components which could cause a lot of trouble.

DX 09 Keaton Batman hasn't shown signs of deterioration or damage with it's rubber suit and it's been 2 and a half years. So who knows. It's the last rubber suited figure they've done that's held up so that could be a good sign for this one. Then again, that suit didn't have any painted components or layers of rubber touching. ED-209 has been more recent and wouldn't make me overly optimistic in then.

The figure looks pretty awesome! Maybe if the figure is a huge hit, they'll milk the **** out of the line like IM and make alternate suits, especially the one based on the animated series.

BTAS can't be translated to 1/6 and look good, unless they were statues/maquettes.

If Hot Toys took that design above from the game model it would look like the Stay Puft marshmallow man.

The figure looks good only on a static pose. The rubber is creating weird flaps and bulges as elbows and abs are bent and legs and thighs twisted. Not really too appealing for me. For a slimmer figure, the sideshow Batman looks a whole lot meaner than this one.

Now......where the ****s joker?

BTAS can't be translated to 1/6 and look good, unless they were statues/maquettes.

If Hot Toys took that design above from the game model it would look like the Stay Puft marshmallow man.

:lol What if they use fabric instead of rubber and they develop a body specifically for that figure?

IF they went through the effort of making one unique True Type body that matched the BTAS Batman art design.

1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs ...

Surely the black pants are black rubber and the only painted part will be the bat emblem on the chest

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs ...

Pictures of the figure without the new collage lay out.

10603387_728272257245760_726266167639356736_n.png

10570260_728272247245761_4300480468272627120_n.png

10347532_728272220579097_4333468759743378354_n.png

10557292_728272280579091_8498637923623619199_n.png

1511688_728272290579090_6684042485494865534_n.png

I beg to differ...

1472875_10154475126565035_511463397831438605_n.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I like it from the top of the belt upwards, but he looks way too fat in the trunks area to me. The belt pouches even bulge outward on the figure, instead of hanging down.

arkham.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

While I think the head sculpt is spot on, this was the figure I was most disappointed with at Comic Con. The suit just doesn't fit snug to his form like in the game, and from these pictures, the trunks look way to high. Hopefully you can adjust the belt to fix that.

I'll still be getting this guy unless he's price too high, as I love the game, but posing will be very limited for him. I'm also disappointed in the lack of gadgets. There's not that many in the game. It would have been nice to include them all.

Hope Batman Returns comes with tons of extra goodies and an alternate head.

I think the underwear and pants might all be one piece.

I think the gauntlets are very small.

should reach the elbow of the figure

I like it from the top of the belt upwards, but he looks way too fat in the trunks area to me. The belt pouches even bulge outward on the figure, instead of hanging down.

arkham.jpg

Ok, this comparison shot does leave a little something to be desired. I hope they can find a way to form fit the suit a little better to his body. The belt does make it look like he has love handles.

The figure looks good only on a static pose. The rubber is creating weird flaps and bulges as elbows and abs are bent and legs and thighs twisted. Not really too appealing for me. For a slimmer figure, the sideshow Batman looks a whole lot meaner than this one.

agreed. im not a fan of the overall arkham design, he is overly armored and his legs look like a hockey goalie which is my major gripe. how does he move? it looks as though his arms will not fall at his side naturally, an issue with other companies arkham batmans also. and the rubber does fold awkwardly in places.

im a batman fan however, if he is priced affordably i will bite.

I think the gauntlets are very small.

should reach the elbow of the figure
If they were to make it as big as they are in the game, you wouldn't be able to bend his elbow at all. I hope they make them slightly bigger but not as big as they are in-game.

Back