1/6 Hot Toys - TMS116 - Ahsoka series: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I've done so many times, but nowadays you have to pounce with one of those "Thank You" codes as soon as a new pre-order goes up. After 24 hours or so they'll make him ineligible for the promo code, so unless you happen to have one available when he drops you'll be SOL.

Gotta jump on a Giveaway List once he goes up.

YES!! Much earlier than I anticipated but very happy to have been wrong about that. He looks perfect! Once again an incredible sculpt and looks even better than on the show. Dream figure come true!
yeah, these Ashoka's figures are getting Hot Toys's treatments and pumping out at the unprecedented pace.

Kinda surprised Captain Enoch is not coming out with Thrawn today.

I wish that HT made the uniform pristine despite that not being accurate since they already slimmed his belly anyway don't see why not

:lecture

It's a good looking figure, but he's not classic Thrawn.

We've waited a long time for a high end 1/6 angular-faced Zahn Thrawn, but Disney gave us a raggedy-ass chubby Prawn for HT to work with.

I'll probably still get him, because my Remnant still needs a leader since I passed on Moff Gideon.

However, there's bound to be a season 2 HT Thrawn in pristine uniform at some point. So I may end up with a pair of Prawns.

I try to steer away from any villains outside of Vader but this may change my mind. He looks phenomenal.

This could easily become one of Hot Toys best lines.

He also looks pretty damn pristine to me. There’s one mark on his chest but where is the rest of the damage like around the color?

Good that they skinned down his face and belly. Can fit in all eras.

Looks really good!

And finally a pair of boots that look to be able the right height to replace the old ANH Han boots

The tatty weathered effect patch on the outfit looks like it is rubbery piece sort of painted on so maybe it could be removed

If it can be easily removed for a more pristine look I may get it as an EU Thrawn stand in.

(All the Ahsoka figures so far look fantastic despite the show being mediocre at best so am tempted to get them all. If only Dedra, Luthen, Cassian, Syril, Cinta et al got the same treatment. perhaps in 15-20 years when Andor is the cult classic and Ahsoka is kinda forgotten it may happen.)

I'm in.

I'll order this the second it goes up in the morning. Glad they trimmed the belly a bit too.

The tatty weathered effect patch on the outfit looks like it is rubbery piece sort of painted on so maybe it could be removed

It actually does look like a rubber patch. I wondered how they'd tackle the damage, and make sure all the figures would come through mass production with identically frayed uniforms.

He also looks pretty damn pristine to me. There’s one mark on his chest but where is the rest of the damage like around the color?

HT opted to miss a bit of weathering, as with the collar and shoulder, so maybe they're saving themselves some work for when it comes to producing Thrawn 2.0?

Grand-Admiral-Thrawn-Lars-Mikkelsen-6289d37.jpg

Also the left arm and above his belt:

Thrawn.jpg

If only they made Luthen, a far superior character from a superior show, in this quality.

Andor rant over.
The Andor rant is NEVER over.

This isn't for me. Great rendering of a boring, poorly designed character. Spawn of Data & Musk in a white dentist 's smock. It looks like something that belonged on that defunct Disney starcruiser hotel thing. At what's with that tacky holo ship thing? Is the ship taking a dump on the table or something? Just f'n weird.

At least this show's group of figures is saving me money. Yuck.

Back