1/6 Hot Toys - TMS064 -The Clone Wars: ARC Trooper Jesse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best thing about this? I had two Thank You $20 off promos from sideshow expiring tomorrow with nothing to use them on. Luckily, for whatever reason, whenever a new figure is put up for PO it becomes eligible for the promo code. Ever since they nerfed the promo codes and made a ton of thing ineligible, new PO’s become eligible. For a little bit at least. However, they’re not listed under Star Wars if you filter so you either have to search for Jesse or Vaughn or just add to your cart and then select the promo.

anyway, perfect timing because I was honestly dreading letting $40 go to waste when I KNOW I would use it eventually.

Question - how long after Sideshow does Timewalker normally get their stock? And how is their customer service? Trying to avoid using Sideshow these days. Was going through BBTS, but it takes them FOREVER to get stuff in these days. For anyone who has used Timewalker, how do you like them?

His armor is really distinctive, and so is his face sculpt/paint. He'd pop on the shelf, no question. And who doesnt want to have an ARC on the shelf?!

*weighs this and that against the near likelyhood of Fennec and maybe other BOBF people going up soon* God this indecision is awful.

Usually when someone strikes me visually like this, they end up PO'ed. Talk me down off the ledge!

His armor is really distinctive, and so is his face sculpt/paint. He'd pop on the shelf, no question. And who doesnt want to have an ARC on the shelf?!

*weighs this and that against the near likelyhood of Fennec and maybe other BOBF people going up soon* God this indecision is awful.

Usually when someone strikes me visually like this, they end up PO'ed. Talk me down off the ledge!
Give in to your feelings.

Pre-order.

I’m happy for the people who are clone fans. Honestly, I’m having trouble remembering who Jesse is. He looks familiar. It’s hard for me to keep track.

Question - how long after Sideshow does Timewalker normally get their stock? And how is their customer service? Trying to avoid using Sideshow these days. Was going through BBTS, but it takes them FOREVER to get stuff in these days. For anyone who has used Timewalker, how do you like them?

I've been sticking with BBTS despite the longer waits. There are exceptions to those waits on occasion like the recently released Death Watch Mando and the Coruscant (shock trooper) Guard. These both landed within a week or so of Sideshow instead of the usual month or longer. Yes, they are charging more, but for me the reasonable shipping, double-boxing and excellent customer service more than make up for it.

I've avoided direct dealings from Sideshow for years now since some very poor experiences with customer service there. I'm sorry for that since I had bought a lot of figures from them over the years. Haven't tried any of the HK retailers yet but some of them get good feedback in here.

I’m happy for the people who are clone fans. Honestly, I’m having trouble remembering who Jesse is. He looks familiar. It’s hard for me to keep track.
He was in a couple of story arcs, but I think he first popped up during the Pong Krell stuff. He was one of the ones who flew the stolen starfighters with Hardcase and Fives.

He might have popped up before that but I know he was definitely around for that battle.

I’m sorry, but why are we giving this a pass?

Is he cool? Sure. But at what point are we going to acknowledge that this is largely mold reuse. I don’t think it’s exactly exciting that HT is in the business of headsculpt releases. This figure isn’t coming out before C-3PO or Bespin Han or Boushh or any number of CORE and iconic mains because he’s wildly popular or desired. He’s relatively cheap to pump out. I’ve said it before, I like clones. But I don’t think it’s good for any line when you start to see mold reuse/repaint happening to get out a quick release.

He was in a couple of story arcs, but I think he first popped up during the Pong Krell stuff. He was one of the ones who flew the stolen starfighters with Hardcase and Fives.

He might have popped up before that but I know he was definitely around for that battle.

He actually goes all the way back to Season 2, he's in the episode "The Deserter" in his Phase 1 armor. He actually takes command of Rex's group when Rex is shot. The only time we saw Jesse, Kix, and Hardcase in their Phase 1 armor.

I’m sorry, but why are we giving this a pass?

Is he cool? Sure. But at what point are we going to acknowledge that this is largely mold reuse. I don’t think it’s exactly exciting that HT is in the business of headsculpt releases. This figure isn’t coming out before C-3PO or Bespin Han or Boushh or any number of CORE and iconic mains because he’s wildly popular or desired. He’s relatively cheap to pump out. I’ve said it before, I like clones. But I don’t think it’s good for any line when you start to see mold reuse/repaint happening to get out a quick release.
That’s a ridiculous opinion. People like Clones. People want Clones. People are going to buy Clones. Hot Toys is going to make Clones because they’re easily produced.

Bespin Han isn’t coming while Ford is alive. Howard clearly doesn’t want to make 3PO. Getting made that they’re getting passed over in favor of Clones is stupid, I’m sorry.

He actually goes all the way back to Season 2, he's in the episode "Grievous Intrigue" in his Phase 1 armor. He actually takes command of Rex's group when Rex is shot. The only time we saw Jesse, Kix, and Hardcase in their Phase 1 armor.
Ah yes. I do remember that now. Good catch. Thanks for the correction.

Thing about this release is for the company it is such an easy money maker. All reused parts, just have to worry about the paint applications. I would rather see Wrecked/Tech or Wolffe, but again that requires actually making new figures from scratch.

This makes total sense money wise. They look great too.

I've been sticking with BBTS despite the longer waits. There are exceptions to those waits on occasion like the recently released Death Watch Mando and the Coruscant (shock trooper) Guard. These both landed within a week or so of Sideshow instead of the usual month or longer. Yes, they are charging more, but for me the reasonable shipping, double-boxing and excellent customer service more than make up for it.

I've avoided direct dealings from Sideshow for years now since some very poor experiences with customer service there. I'm sorry for that since I had bought a lot of figures from them over the years. Haven't tried any of the HK retailers yet but some of them get good feedback in here.

Sad story because you had always been one of Sideshow's most enthusiastic fans. I still order some stuff from them out of convenience despite their shenanigans.

Would you rather have ARC Fives and Echo? Because eventually they are coming

I hope they change the name plate on the base for the final version to ARC Trooper Jesse rather than Clone Trooper Jesse that they've got in the proto pics.

I've bought from them for years. Great customer service, zero issues with them. They usually get their stock 3-4 days after SS.

Back