1/6 Hot Toys - The X-Men License - Interview with Chan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smart money's gotta be on "you'll never see them". After all, they have the latest repaint of the Mark Boring Iron Man suit to flog off. Again, and again, and again. Then reproduce it in diecast. Then in styrofoam!

The 'Mark Boring Iron Man' as you call it is selling like hot cakes, as they all do, and the Iron Man figures both in plastic and diecast are the things that are giving the X-Men figures any chance. Iron Man sales money helps pay for things like the actors likeness rights mentioned in the interview.:duh

The 'Mark Boring Iron Man' as you call it is selling like hot cakes, as they all do, and the Iron Man figures both in plastic and diecast are the things that are giving the X-Men figures any chance. Iron Man sales money helps pay for things like the actors likeness rights mentioned in the interview.:duh

Repaints of the clones from the execrable SW Prequels sell like hotcakes as well, doesn't make them any less tedious.

And LOL at thinking the X-men figures stand any chance.

As for the rest of it, speculation.

I don't see how they're tedious, don't buy them. So you want them to stop doing what makes them money?:lol::slap

Didn't you see the SDCC pics?:lol There were heaps of new releases!

If HT can't get the rights to the actors/actresses for a reasonable amount where they won't make it back plus profit then of course they're not going to bother, it's a business decision in the end.

Chan's explanation made sense, he stated where they're at and why. He didn't say they've given up on it.

Last edited:
New releases? It's all slightly different versions of what they've already done. More Iron Man. More Predator. More Batman. More Jokers. More Captain America. More Terminators. Don't get me wrong, some of these figures desperately need an upgrade (Mk III, looking at you), but they're hardly pumping out "new" left right and centre. About the only "new" thing we got was Marty McFly, and with HT track record, we'll never get the Professor, let alone the DeLorean, so that'll just be a disappointment.

I never said they should stop doing what makes them money. That was your invention for me. The endless stream of rehashes/repaints just aren't exciting. How about something NEW?

New releases? It's all slightly different versions of what they've already done. More Iron Man. More Predator. More Batman. More Jokers. More Captain America. More Terminators. Don't get me wrong, some of these figures desperately need an upgrade (Mk III, looking at you), but they're hardly pumping out "new" left right and centre. About the only "new" thing we got was Marty McFly, and with HT track record, we'll never get the Professor, let alone the DeLorean, so that'll just be a disappointment.

I never said they should stop doing what makes them money. That was your invention for me. The endless stream of rehashes/repaints just aren't exciting. How about something NEW?

:exactly:

They make expensive toys.......it's their choice what licenses and figures they choose to make or not make. While something different from time to time would be cool, I read in other threads characters / licenses people request. I'd stick to rehashes as well. At least I keep the lights on and have a little rainy day fund....or in Chan's case a BIG rainy day fund

They are slowly branching out. They did The Crow, Space Captain Harlock and a few other randoms. But for every truly new figure we have to deal with 18 more Iron Men or yet another TDKR release.

Imagine if they released new figs the same rate they do the old licenses... they could reignite Watchmen and start with friggin Rorschach this time. Since they started on anime, do Cowboy Bebop. Continue with game characters and start on Mass Effect. Maybe someday.

Hot Toys and Sideshow make figures they believe will return a profit.. not to entertain collectors who want to see 'new' figures purely for the novelty value, they have no intention of actually buying.

They are slowly branching out. They did The Crow, Space Captain Harlock and a few other randoms. But for every truly new figure we have to deal with 18 more Iron Men or yet another TDKR release.

Imagine if they released new figs the same rate they do the old licenses... they could reignite Watchmen and start with friggin Rorschach this time. Since they started on anime, do Cowboy Bebop. Continue with game characters and start on Mass Effect. Maybe someday.

heart-attack.gif

Shepard, Garrus, and Wrex would be instant preorders for me.

Yeah, Sheploo and FemShep ...

Don't forget Liara, Tali, Legion and Grunt :drool

I'll be he one screaming for costume variants! 3 of every character!!!! :rotfl

I'll be screaming for weapon variants :lol really... the posibilities are endless

Perhaps it does but one wonders how they funded anything in those pre-2008 days.....

Back