Casting the MCU X-Men & What Stories You'd Like to See

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Casting the MCU X-Men

As for Stories, I could easily see the MCU turn the X-Men into a trilogy, if not a tetralogy or pentalogy

X-Men I: Rise of the Mutants -- The world is learning that a recently discovered strain of genes have been triggering mutations in a small minority of humans when they reach puberty. The unpredictable mutations cause some to undergo strange, sometimes hideous, transformations which granting others fantastical powers and abilities. With thousands of "mutants" discovered to be living in the population and more emerging daily, they are met with fear, hatred and violence. As the fear spreads, there is a growing call for mutants to be rounded up. There are several incidents of mobs attacking, beating and killing mutants. Some mutants use their powers out of fear or anger to fight back, resulting in more bloodshed and panic. When a powerful mutant appears at a gathering of world leaders on live TV taking them hostage and proclaiming to be the leader of this new race, **** superior, that will replace **** sapiens, Professor Charles Xavier and his young students (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel, Beast, Iceman and Storm) must stop this madman and his "Brotherhood". Wolverine is introduced in the after credits.

X-Men 2: Sentinels -- Following their heroic defeat of the Brotherhood, the X-Men are praised as heroes and become celebrities. Thanks to education, mutants are starting to be understood and even welcomed into society. However, a powerful group of extremists made up of politicians, religious zealots and others is secretly conspiring to turn people against the mutant "abominations". At the same time they are developing weapons, code-named Sentinels, which are designed to wipe the threat off the face of the Earth. A series of incidents are orchestrated to turn public opinion back away from mutants, coupled with protests and fiery speeches. When a mutant loses control of his powers, he destroys a high rise building killing nearly 1,000 men, women and children. While Professor X tries to calm fears, his speech is ignored and there is a worldwide outcry. Sentinels are introduced as a tool that will "humanely" identify, neutralize and gather mutants for their own good, while protecting humans. Within days, Sentinels are deployed to hunt and capture mutants. The X-Men are warned not to intervene or they will be arrested. In the following weeks, hundreds of mutants are rounded up and taken to an unknown location (although many of them are secretly killed). A teenaged mutant, Jubilation Lee, being chased by a Sentinel is about to be captured when a set of claws rip through the robot's chest-- a feat that is recorded and uploaded to YouTube, where it is viewed by millions. This first stand inspires other mutants to fight back against seemingly hopeless odds. Professor X, decides that he and the X-Men must not only join the fight, but lead it. Using Cerebro, he locates a number of other gifted mutants, including the clawed mutant, and telepathically summons them to the Mansion. These mutants include Wolverine, Jubilee, Polaris, Havok, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Sunfire, Multiple Man. Meanwhile, an upgrade to the Sentinel A.I. program leads to an unforeseen complication. The "self-aware" program concludes that all humans are dangerous and Sentinels begin turning on their makers and on population centers. Ultimately it takes the combined might of the original and newly recruited X-Men, as well as the freed Magneto and Brotherhood to defeat the Sentinels.

X-Men III: Age of Apocalypse
A displaced mutant, Bishop, arrives at the Xavier School with a dire message. He comes from an alternate universe controlled by a godlike mutant named Apocalypse. He convinces Wolverine to come with him because the Wolverine on their side who led the fight against Apocalypse was killed. There Wolverine encounters a dark mirror of his reality, where Xavier died years ago, Magneto leads a version of heroic X-Men, and some of his former teammates are evil. After helping to defeat the alternate universe Apocalypse, Wolverine returns to his reality, leaving behind the woman he loves, Jean Grey. In the after credits, he enters an ancient, undiscovered Egyptian tomb, where he finds a sleeping Apocalypse regenerating in his technologically advanced sarcophagus. He pops his claws.

Depending on the upcoming Dark Phoenix movie...
X-Men IV: Phoenix
X-Men V: Dark Phoenix

If they don't do an X-Men series on Disney+, big mistake. The movies have already been done. Do weekly, anthological episodes (with hints of an overarching main story that comes together in the season finale). Maybe one episode, Arcade hacks into the Danger Room and wrecks havoc with some trapped X-Men. In another episode, Wolverine is showcased in his days with Department H.

MCU will be cast very differently to the Fox films. If people thought they weren't close enough to the comic versions, they'll see how much further away Marvel will end up being 😂

Re: Casting the MCU X-Men

X- Men
Professor X - Ben Kingsley
Cyclops - Michael Biehn
Jean - Sigourney Weaver
Wolverine - Sylvester Stallone
Gambit - Kurt Russell
Colossus - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Storm - Pam Grier
Morph - Bill Paxton
Bishop - Carl Weathers

The rumor I keep hearing is that the film will be centered around Cyclops and that Glen Powell ( Hangman from Top Gun Maverick ) is the favorite to be Scott Summers. And that his love interest won't be Jean Grey, but someone else played by Zoey Deutsch ( Apparently Powell and Deutsch starting banging in real life after doing a rom com together and Feige wants easy ready made chemistry)

X-Wise, the only characters I'd absolutely have to get at this point would be:
  • Cyclops
  • Xavier
  • Magneto
  • Sinister
  • Apocalypse
  • Jean
  • Cable
If I got good castings there, I'd be happy. I'd also take a great Stryfe, Mystique, Rogue, Fantomex and the such, but those above are the core for me. I'm not shelling out 700$ for an Archangel, or ever getting a Betsy or whatever else The X-Verse is huge and filled with costumes, and if the MCU decides to milk them for a decade plus, we'll be seeing a lot of merch. X-Factor, New Mutants, New X-Men, X-Force, X-Men as the tentpole, some solo spin-off shows; they'll be going for 10-20 years if the market doesn't crash. One Gen of Mutants ages, another replaces them. Personally, I won't be able to follow that long. Ideally, I'd want my X-Display to be broken down in these parts:
  • X-Men: My main team with Cyclops as the leader. I'd ideally want to model it after the Extinction/Utopia team, but it'd be a hodgepodge of most big eras. Realistically I'd just drop all the good mutants there all around Xavier. Cyclops and Jean are a given. Rogue, BDSM Magik, Good Guy Magneto, another Namor, maybe Storm, could go there too. Iceman I've always found boring and the only cool Angel is Archangel, but with those wings he'd cost 600$ or so. I don't see myself getting a Beast, be he sculpted or a PITA like Chewie.
  • Villains: Magneto, Apocalypse and Sinister for sure. Emma too most likely. My nostalgia is centered around the 90s/00s eras where she was an X-Man, but I'd like to beef up the "Villain Shelf" too. I'd go for a Mystique, Stryfe and Exodus if I had the funds. A cool Bastion or something.
  • X-Force: Jackverine, Ryanpool and Cable. Fantomex and Hope could go there, but it's unlikely they'll get to them.
  • X-Tras: Doubtful I'd get anything else, but just a thought. I figure that by the time the X-Men arrive I'll be done with most major wants (SW, Non-X Marvel) and will have some extra cash to build out the display a bit. The thing is that the X-Verse is so huge that maybe they'll rework some D-Lister into a cool character played by some actor I like, so I'm open to it.
  • Magneto/Xavier: If they release FOX versions of them, and the MCU eventually does the current HOX/POX costumes, I could easily set up an area made up of just Magneto and Xavier. Man, talk about a waste, but still, something to ponder.
Realistically, Xavier and his X-Men, the Villains, and also Deadpool/Jackverine/Cable on the side would be enough for me. Anything else would be extra. The thing is that I want specific costumes, as I can’t really fit doubles of any X-Verse characters. It’s not like Iron Man where you can put all the armours together. 5 Cykes, 3 Rogues, 7 Wolverines plus your X-Men team; it’s not aesthetically pleasing. Unless you’re planning to set up multiple iterations of the main teams, then go for it. So I’ll be waiting and waiting to get the one perfect, for me, look.

I do fear that a lot of them will be miscast and changed utterly in the MCU, but I'm rooting for them to get it right. I hope there's no repeat of Dreamworks Clown Kang, or the FoX-Verse's obsession with downplayed powers and leather onesies. I've said before that I am quite fond of the late 90s/early 00s Y2K Leather Club Aesthetic, but if they go down that road they should make the costumes be more militaristic like in Ultimate, not corny leather outfits.

I really wonder how much of a coverage DP3 will get. I'll get my finally customed Jackverine and RyanPool from there surely, and will cross them off my list. But with it and Secret Wars, I wonder what the chances are of us getting FoX-Verse Magneto, Xavier and the such. With how scared I am of the MCU's casting choices, I'd jump immediately on HT offerings of Stewart/McKellen and McAvoy/Fassbender versions of Xavier/Magneto. If the MCU did well with the casting, I'd probably buy them again in 2028.

The rumor I keep hearing is that the film will be centered around Cyclops and that Glen Powell ( Hangman from Top Gun Maverick ) is the favorite to be Scott Summers. And that his love interest won't be Jean Grey, but someone else played by Zoey Deutsch ( Apparently Powell and Deutsch starting banging in real life after doing a rom com together and Feige wants easy ready made chemistry)
That'd fit with the rumours that they'd be going with an Astonishing/Utopia/RightClops adaptation. With Dark Phoenix having tanked twice I can see them taking a "In Media Res" approach. Cyke's in his 30-somethings, the X-Men are seasoned veterans, some things have happened like Jean's death, etc. That way they can get a guy young enough to play the authority leader with about a decade of star power, and also have the 20-something newer gen primed to take over later. So maybe that gal's their Emma Frost. Could be. Xavier and Magneto will be on the sidelines at first, their battles already fought. And two or so movies later, after they've done Earth based stories with the Sentinels/Bastion and the such, Jean comes back and they go Cosmic. It could work. Maybe it's for the better. I don't care for X-Teens and don't want to wait 20 years to see Scott become THE X-Man. Better if he starts off as 90s-esque Scott and morphs into RightClops within the decade.

Now, the question is where Krakoa fits into all that and how they'll insert them into the MCU. Crashing Universes seems like the likeliest explanation, but it's also kinda boring. I'd prefer a more imaginative take.

Last edited:
Back