1/6 Hot Toys- MMS631 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toys Era was really good but I think the HT is better in many ways like the proportions as others have said look way better to me, and the armor sections looks more defined on HT, especially comparing the ab sections of the armor which look kind of flat on TE. It's still a good figure but clearly third-party IMO.
Here's a more direct comparison between the two.

You can see Hot Toys has a much more intricate and detailed look overall to the suits armor plating. TE's version looks like a simplified smoothed out version of the suit. Can really see it in the leg, bicep and ab plating. TE made all the platings for the armor super flat while Hot Toys has them popping out as it should be. Helmet looks softer and less refined overall. TE did a great job but yeah in comparison it definitely has that cheaper third party look to it.

e4Vfetb.png
mVgEcG1.jpg

Last edited:

You can see Hot Toys has a much more intricate and detailed look overall to the suits armor plating. TE's version looks like a simplified smoothed out version of the suit. Can really see it in the leg, bicep and ab plating. TE made all the platings for the armor flat while Hot Toys has them popping out as it should be. Helmet looks softer and left refined. TE did a great job but yeah in comparison it definitely has that cheaper third party look to it.

e4Vfetb.png
mVgEcG1.jpg
HT one gives off way more “man in a suit” vibes

They're up at Sideshow now. $90 more for the glider is not at all unreasonable, but what is unreasonable is that the starting price is $285. They're definitely charging a hype tax on this one.

You can see Hot Toys has a much more intricate and detailed look overall to the suits armor plating. TE's version looks like a simplified smoothed out version of the suit. Can really see it in the leg, bicep and ab plating. TE made all the platings for the armor super flat while Hot Toys has them popping out as it should be. Helmet looks softer and left refined overall. TE did a great job but yeah in comparison it definitely has that cheaper third party look to it.

e4Vfetb.png
mVgEcG1.jpg
You're right, all those armor parts look better on HT! I love the HT paint too, if it poses well that'll make it perfect for me!

Shang-Chi, shipping March 2023, $250:

View attachment 558146

Green Goblin, shipping June 2023, $285. Make it make sense.

View attachment 558147
Shang-Chi is a literal who played by a literal who, while Goblin is one of Marvel's most well-known villains played by one of the best actors currently working. Maybe the suit is more difficult to pull off compared to the relatively normal clothing Shang wears. It's a hype/popularity tax, but it is what it is.

How much was the TE?

Everything is cost related.
On Giantoy, the reissue is $250 with glider, and $170 no glider, I was so close to buying it which is another reason I'm so happy with the HT announcement lol
My original order of the TE figure with the glider was $228 in total, or $57 cheaper than the HT version without the glider ($285) and before tax & shipping. Yes, the HT version (even without the Dafoe sculpt) looks superior, but IMO it's not @$196 better (Sideshow price with glider of $375 & assuming $25 shipping and MI 6% sales tax comes to $424.). It's also not using a glider accurate to Raimi's movie.

I want this new glider, but I'll be waiting for it to come with his prime NWH look.

I can't find the listing, how is everyone seeing it lol. It is really expensive but I barely buy HT anymore so I'll go all in with Spidey stuff and likely give up HT entirely when it's all done, so I'm ok with it lol
Go on “Whats New”

I’m not getting this, but bravo on the deluxe price. Streamers were worried this would be about 500 bucks with the glider. Happy for you all.

I'll give you that, but he also comes with half as much stuff otherwise as Shang-Chi so feels like it should be a wash.

Right, they price stuff based not on what it costs+standard markup, but rather how much they can markup over cost based on hype.
There has been this complaining, and deservedly so, over the regular Spider-Man figures with essentially recycled accessories. Plus unknown factors like inflation, Sony involved property, etc. But at the end of the day, Spider-Man is the Merch-Man so hype tax and Spider tax is certainly a thing.

Back