1/6 Hot Toys - MMS627 - The Dark Knight Trilogy - Catwoman Collectible Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get the original so definitely picking this up and I love the diorama base.

Obviously a Pfeiffer Catwoman would be much better but I'm losing hope.

Everybody keeps asking about Batman Returns, but what they should be doing is petitioning the likes of Queen, Infinity, and Prime1 to start making statues and busts from those classic DC movies. The second that happens is the second you can expect announcements from HT. Howard doesn’t have an original bone in his body and he’ll gladly ape what everybody else is doing, given the chance.

Just like the Arkham figures he had no interest in producing for half a decade, just like the “busts” they’ve started including with figures like Venom and the new 1/4 scale reissue of Bats, and just like this and the rest of the Dark Knight figures, which seem awfully conspicuous, considering we’ve seen how many new items produced with that license through Queen, Infinity, and Prime 1 in the last year?
They “announced” the “QS019” like days before JND unveiled their new TDK Batman sculpted by the same artist who sculpted the QS001 before leaving HT. They cobbled some stuff together to try to stick it to a former employee who chose to leave probably so they could focus on their craft more than cutting corners and stifling competition.

This, the terrible Batman Begins reissue, the dull 1/4 Mando, and lazy QS001 rerelease has forced me to accept Hot Toys basically only exists to make 80% of what customizers need to make a really great toy.

I wonder if they'll reissue the DX 11 Joker or make a whole new Joker?

I won't buy a reissued Joker since I already have the DX 11 and DX1, but if they make a new one with a new updated sculpt, that would be tempting.

I have the original and literally, the only thing on the figure that is new is the general body/suit, this one is thicker in the thighs, brought her out and the sculpt looks exactly the same as well as the pistol being 100% reused. Pretty lame and if we're going with a Catwoman They know which ones we want.......

This will just fall apart like the last, so i’ll just stick with my Queen Studios Selena on bike statue instead.

They're really gonna milk the wait for the Joker reissue, won't they? Needless to say, this is a pass for me. I like Hathaway, but the character in the movie was forgettable and this isn't a costume/look I'd ever spend 300$ (plus shipping and taxes) on. I'll probably skip on a Bane if they do him too. I've got the TDKR Batman reissue on PO, so I just need a Ledger Joker now. What I wonder is if they'll end up redoing the armoury but this time a TDKR version.

They're really gonna milk the wait for the Joker reissue, won't they? Needless to say, this is a pass for me. I like Hathaway, but the character in the movie was forgettable and this isn't a costume/look I'd ever spend 300$ (plus shipping and taxes) on. I'll probably skip on a Bane if they do him too. I've got the TDKR Batman reissue on PO, so I just need a Ledger Joker now. What I wonder is if they'll end up redoing the armoury but this time a TDKR version.
I think the whole movie was forgettable, and I loved the first two! I always wondered if perhaps Nolan was forced to do a third film since there was such a massive drop in quality, it felt like it was made just as fan service without any real meat. Guess we'll never know.

I think the whole movie was forgettable, and I loved the first two! I always wondered if perhaps Nolan was forced to do a third film since there was such a massive drop in quality, it felt like it was made just as fan service without any real meat. Guess we'll never know.
That's the most probably explaination. The whole flick was a mess. I imagine Ledger's death screwed up some plans too, and made the atmosphere heavier.

AEEEE6C3-B7D2-4C50-A797-0BCAC0C715D8.jpeg

As someone who owns the original, this was a great figure, so it's a great opportunity for anyone who missed out it.

Hmmm, seems like Bane is an inevitability now but it could just end up being a straight reissue with a new base...

I bought the original back in the day, took the unmasked cowl for my Batman, and sold the figure to some chick on here.

Zero interest

As for Returns Pfieffer Catwoman, I wouldn’t want Hot Toys making her anyway. Hot Toys has a bad track record, we all know it wouldn’t turn out well and wouldn’t last for more than a couple of years.

That ship has sailed. They had over a decade to make it happen, so **** them.

Back