1/6 Hot Toys - MMS624 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Spider-Man (Integrated Suit) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not going to see him much, I guarantee it. About as much as the MCU was in Eternals, "oh hey that guy exists! anyway...". This is Sony's original plan when they threw their tantrum before, just with a softer exit. They're doing their Venom stuff, their Morbius stuff, etc etc will all be "Marvel adjacent" but it wont be mainline MCU. About as canon as Agents of Shield or the Netflix stuff ended up being. Feige has so much content now there is going to be layers and layers of this quasi MCU but not really storylines. What's the difference when they write it as "he still exists sure but literally nothing previous happened and no one knows him". Its a soft reboot. Its going to be Sony's own universe in any way that matters
Except both Pascal and Feige are on record saying they will make more Spidey films in the MCU.

What about the next stand-alone Spider-Man movie? Amy, you said last month that you and Kevin — Sony and Disney — are going to collaborate on three more, which seemed to catch the studios by surprise.

PASCAL
We’re producers, so we always believe everything will work out. I love working with Kevin. We have a great partnership, along with Tom Rothman, who runs Sony and has been instrumental, a great leader with great ideas. I hope it lasts forever.

That sounds like a classic Hollywood walk back.

FEIGE
Amy and I and Disney and Sony are talking about — yes, we’re actively beginning to develop where the story heads next, which I only say outright because I don’t want fans to go through any separation trauma like what happened after “Far From Home” [the previous Spider-Man movie, in 2019]. That will not be occurring this time.

Source: Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal on the Future of ‘Spider-Man’ and the M.C.U.

You're not going to see him much, I guarantee it. About as much as the MCU was in Eternals, "oh hey that guy exists! anyway...". This is Sony's original plan when they threw their tantrum before, just with a softer exit. They're doing their Venom stuff, their Morbius stuff, etc etc will all be "Marvel adjacent" but it wont be mainline MCU. About as canon as Agents of Shield or the Netflix stuff ended up being. Feige has so much content now there is going to be layers and layers of this quasi MCU but not really storylines. What's the difference when they write it as "he still exists sure but literally nothing previous happened and no one knows him". Its a soft reboot. Its going to be Sony's own universe in any way that matters
No one knows Peter Parker or that PP is Spider-Man, but everyone still knows Spider-Man and everything still happened with respect to Spider-Man's involvement in the events of CW, HC, IW, Endgame, FFH and NWH. People just don't remember who's under the mask.

No one knows Peter Parker or that PP is Spider-Man, but everyone still knows Spider-Man and everything still happened with respect to Spider-Man's involvement in the events of CW, HC, IW, Endgame, FFH and NWH. People just don't remember who's under the mask.
:lol PP...

If you’re being honest with yourself… Sony tried to force their way into the mcu and the mcu literally threw them back out, and even kept the symbiote so they wouldn’t even need to work with Sony to do venom.

I know people here disagree but the idea that they’re “planning” together is absurd regardless of what they say publicly. If you “planned” to introduce venom, would you send him back without even being in the movie? Just in and out in post credit scenes?

Tom already said it was pascals idea to do that stupid venom 2 scene. It definitely doesn’t seem like they cleared it with Fiege. Then Fiege throws them right back out.

Besides that, morbius was supposed to come out first but it got delayed. The vulture cameo was probably her first attempt to force her way into the universe. Then the movie got delayed and she did the venom thing. Now Fiege has kicked her out and guess what? Keaton is doing reshoots for his scenes in morbius. I’m very interested to see what that scene is now because the universes are definitely split and that wasn’t the impression we got in the trailer.

personally I hope they double down because that would be hilarious.

I don't know how they are gonna do Sinister Six. If they use these villains again, its just gonna feel like a rehash of this movie. They need different villains.

Yeah there's no way they're going to do that IMO. This was as close as we'll get.

This ugly suit and its hideous giant gold spider was the only thing that dampened act 3 of NWH for me.

I actually kind of liked the gold, it makes it stand out from other suits. I wasn't really drawn to anything past the Homecoming suit, so am considering this.

If you’re being honest with yourself… Sony tried to force their way into the mcu and the mcu literally threw them back out, and even kept the symbiote so they wouldn’t even need to work with Sony to do venom.

...I'm no expert but I don't think that's how copywrites work. Can't just say "It's mine now! Look at the movie!"

Tom already said it was pascals idea to do that stupid venom 2 scene. It definitely doesn’t seem like they cleared it with Fiege. Then Fiege throws them right back out.
Pascal is horrible. I'm pretty sure after the whole leak incident that's she's only allowed to remain on the Spider-Man films in a token producer role and is allowed ZERO creative input.

I saw the film yesterday and I have to say I really liked it!

Regarding the future and the end credit scenes:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Regarding this film:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This ugly suit and its hideous giant gold spider was the only thing that dampened act 3 of NWH for me.
It didn't hurt the movie for me, but yeah I didn't care much at all for this suit and found it the be the weakest design so far. It's a shame we couldn't have seen his awesome Upgraded Suit on screen with the others instead.

Loved the movie. Truly... But, I was expecting to leave the theater with the desire to order this figure and left the theater having zero desire to order any of the 3 Holland spideys they've revealed so far. I might get this one at some point because It does look kinda cool, but it's hardly a must have anymore... I feel somewhat content with the FFH Upgraded suit for now.

To be fair, this suit was in the dark most of the time and battle damaged. They probably scrapped the arms to really make it personal for Peter in his fights and so it won't easily bail him out like on the bridge with Doc Ock.

Pascal is horrible. I'm pretty sure after the whole leak incident that's she's only allowed to remain on the Spider-Man films in a token producer role and is allowed ZERO creative input.
I totally think this is the case which is why I'm actually optimistic about true collaboration moving forward. There were some other quotes from Tom about how he, Rothman and Iger were talking and I got the impression that Pascal wasn't really a part of that. That Venom 2 is clearly a stunt that hurts the partnership. Fiege's response was another bad sign. I hope the Sony execs saw that and said let's cut the ****.

We also have to keep in mind that what we see in theaters is really 2 years behind the times (as a rule. This issue seems a bit more recent). I think the future of spider-man is already decided. I am curious about how Jon Watts was given F4. Storywise, it seems odd to leave this Peter alone for a long time. This new version of him is at an interesting point and should be explored soon, not 5 years down the line.

When the three main spider mens drop. I’m getting all three.
“When you thought you were out, they pull you back in .”

Also, this movie was 6/10

My only response to this movie is “OMG!” It was unbelievable! I may have to PO my very first Spider-Man with this one! I really like the banter between the 3 Peters! The bit about working as a team and the Avengers was utterly priceless!

I don't see any way that HT doesn't release the other two Spidey figures, as the whole thing was iconic as hell. Only question is whether they would go for the actor's older appearances or how they appeared in their original films?

At least I would hope they would include unmasked portraits for each, given how often they were pulling the masks off their face in the movie. Lol

I just hope that the next trilogy is given to a proper director, Jon Watts was mediocre at best, which make me worry about the new Fantastic 4.

Can you please elaborate on this? I'm not familiar with what you're referring to.

I just hope that the next trilogy is given to a proper director, Jon Watts was mediocre at best, which make me worry about the new Fantastic 4.
Jon Watts and all these other no name MCU "directors" were ever really directing anything other than compliantly following Feige's orders.

Back