1/6 Hot Toys - MMS352 - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Terminator Genisys: Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Hot Toys forgot to release an Iron Man?

Last edited:

Pretty obvious HT is in bed with Marvel. We saw the Ant-man reveal like a day prior to the pre-order going up which just so happened to be when the movie is release. Yet Terminator Genisys already playing in theaters and we get this reveal and probably won't see the pre-order for months!!! Makes complete sense.

Pretty obvious HT is in bed with Marvel. We saw the Ant-man reveal like a day prior to the pre-order going up which just so happened to be when the movie is release. Yet Terminator Genisys already playing in theaters and we get this reveal and probably won't see the pre-order for months!!! Makes complete sense.

The Marvel higher-ups probably love having studio maquette-quality action figures to dot around their offices, give away as presents to people, etc. Howard and Hot Toys are probably making absurd bank off the Marvel line, more than they ever did off DC or classic sci-fi/action films.

I get that it's annoying that fans of the classics get thrown a mediocre Commando figure or the worst T-800 endoskeleton design maybe once in a blue moon while the Marvel line gets miracles of diecast and perfect facial likenesses all round on a seemingly monthly basis, but at the end of the day they're a business and they operate to make money.

The only thing I can hold against them in that regard is when a figure from a classic film as opposed to Marvel's flavour of the month finally sees the light of day and they've done a less than stellar job on it by comparison. I'd like to launch anyone screaming about 'entitlement' when people complain that a figure isn't perfect - especially when so many of the Marvel releases to all intents and purposes are - into the sun, frankly.

It's more likely Hot Toys and Disney, seeing as they are also focussing on the Star Wars line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plastic Bateman,

You make a very good point. Though I think the other lines could be more successful if the lines where properly marketed and released. For example, they should have reveals for the Terminator figure and pre-order when the movie premiers just like they did for Ant-man. In fact that's what they should do for all movie related figures. The highest sales probability will be within the first month after the film releases when the hype is still really high. Six months or more down the road will only retain the die hard fans.

Plastic Bateman,

You make a very good point. Though I think the other lines could be more successful if the lines where properly marketed and released. For example, they should have reveals for the Terminator figure and pre-order when the movie premiers just like they did for Ant-man. In fact that's what they should do for all movie related figures. The highest sales probability will be within the first month after the film releases when the hype is still really high. Six months or more down the road will only retain the die hard fans.

I don't disagree with this at all - but I think the problem is that Hot Toys, since the Avengers line, have built a close enough relationship with Disney/Marvel to get these figures turned around so much faster, presumably by being in the super-secret loop of the films being developed. The same might not necessarily be true for Paramount and Terminator Genisys, for example.

that is a very good point as well Plastic Bateman.

I wonder when this guy will go up for PO?

When the '66 Batmobile, Ripley I, Ripley II, Charles Xavier, Drax, civ Peter Parker, Rhino, 1/4 Police shootout T-800, the Lone Ranger, Elias, Lerner, Elizabeth Shaw and Arkham Joker go up.

When the '66 Batmobile, Ripley I, Ripley II, Charles Xavier, Drax, civ Peter Parker, Rhino, 1/4 Police shootout T-800, the Lone Ranger, Elias, Lerner, Elizabeth Shaw and Arkham Joker go up.

Yeah, im thinking this just got put on the back burner, would have loved a t-1000 too

They only just showed it at SDCC a couple of weeks ago!

Lipsmack must have been thinking of an old-style endoskeleton which was apparently planned long ago before Terminator Genisys was being made.

They only just showed it at SDCC a couple of weeks ago!

True but so did the Ant-Man figure that seemed to go up for PO the first day of Comic-Con. I guess I just need to brainwash myself to love only Ironman and I will always be pleased with the HT releases LOL.:lol

11226010_10153136037312833_5989584278302886549_o.jpg

11781846_123355738003892_7835279345944147804_n.jpg

Looks good. Except maybe the teeth, which seem to be impossible for these companies to duplicate. :dunno

I'll probably pick this up.

Not perfect but I still like it. I wouldn't mind getting a few for a small army!!!!

Looks good. Except maybe the teeth, which seem to be impossible for these companies to duplicate. :dunno

I'll probably pick this up.

The teeth actually look fine to me. Not for a T1 or T2 endo but for a Genisys Endo - that's what they look like now. And as we know it's what they've decided to put out regardless if it's supposed to be a T1 endo (QS002)

With all the Terminator Endoskeleton hype I decided to revist the T-700 and give him a better paint job that is more realistic. Hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0080 (2).JPG
    IMG_0080 (2).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 627
Back