1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just be sure to film SS making you guys smash your figures over a silly wrist issue that can be fixed with glue. I enjoyed watching all the Toyfair Bats vids where they made you kill it over dented abs and faulty boots. Which all of them had or have by now btw.

My guess is that even if your figure appears fixed, it's eventually going to break free from the wrist in time due to design flaw and HT's crappy glue. (It's a darn shame DP doesn't wear gauntlets.)

The actual suit will probably fall apart within 10 years as well but i can't be 100 % sure of that yet.

Last edited:
I've been in this collecting Hot Toys nightmare hobby that never ends since 2012. I have purchased over 40 figures so far. Throughout the years of buying various figures made of different suit materials, I have been down these roads of breaking figures because of getting too excited to "Play or Pose" them.

I've learned that these Hot Toys figures are made to carefully and slowly pose while watching what the material does especially tightly fitted suits. Once posed they are meant to be put on a shelf out of sunlight in a temperature controlled room.

Even though We as collectors think they are "Action Figures" Hot Toys does not. Meaning they are pose able with many points of articulation, but meant to be a Movie Replica piece of art.

For example: When CatWoman came out, there were so many people breaking the Goggles. In reality all you had to do is carefully watch as you moved the tiny tiny paper thin goggle frames upward with equal pressure then slide onto her head from the back pushing forward.

All in all these are not Toys like a Marvel Legends figure which yes you can throw at a wall and it will survive.

We spend a lot of hard earned money on this hobby but we really need to understand that paying 250.00 doesn't mean we get a Kids toy that is sold at Walmart. We are buying a Museum quality replica, and should be treated as a piece of art.

Just my two cents as a collector that fell into a rabbit hole many years ago. Keep collecting guys & girls. :hi5:

/
Thank you for that.

Not sure what people here are expecting really. These aren't Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black Series that you can play around with like a toddler.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I just wanted to add a few things. First of all, my figure was handled with care. I did not just bend the arm all the way and rip the sleeve from its secured location. I bent it slowly and very little. With that being said, even before bending the arm it was obvious that the sleeve was not secured well as there was already some of the wrist showing through right out of the box. Even when pulling the suit down as much as possible the sleeve barely reaches long enough to be tucked and secured within the wrist socket. This leads me to believe this figure either slipped through the cracks without being fixed or was an already damaged figure that they tried to fix without success. Perhaps, they attempted to fix a figure that already had a frayed and severely damaged sleeve leaving it difficult to properly secure. The other arm is perfect. There is plenty of material and it is secured to the wrist very well. I can even slightly pull on it and see that it is attached well enough that it would not come undone without some effort. I am not even sure I could force it to come unattached if I tried. My point is, I think I just got a bad figure that was not properly fixed. This is likely to happen with pretty much any manufacturer. I am confident that if I am able to get a replacement where both wrists are as secure as my current figure's left arm is, I will have a figure that I can enjoy without having to go to insane lengths to make sure I do not ruin the figure. This would likely be a figure that I could pose anyway I want as many times as I want with no worry. I am remaining optimistic and believing that I just got a rare dud. Again, I would recommend that anyone who has orders out from a company that will easily accept returns or exchanges keep their orders and just ensure that they inspect it fully upon arrival. The fact that I am the only one that has gotten a bad figure so far shows that there are good figures being shipped out and the odds of getting a flawed figure are likely rare. Of course, this is just my opinion. I understand the frustration of having to worry about getting a figure that will be ruined shortly after arrival and a figure that you really want but will not be able to enjoy fully.

I just wanted to add a few things. First of all, my figure was handled with care. I did not just bend the arm all the way and rip the sleeve from its secured location. I bent it slowly and very little. With that being said, even before bending the arm it was obvious that the sleeve was not secured well as there was already some of the wrist showing through right out of the box. Even when pulling the suit down as much as possible the sleeve barely reaches long enough to be tucked and secured within the wrist socket. This leads me to believe this figure either slipped through the cracks without being fixed or was an already damaged figure that they tried to fix without success. Perhaps, they attempted to fix a figure that already had a frayed and severely damaged sleeve leaving it difficult to properly secure. The other arm is perfect. There is plenty of material and it is secured to the wrist very well. I can even slightly pull on it and see that it is attached well enough that it would not come undone without some effort. I am not even sure I could force it to come unattached if I tried. My point is, I think I just got a bad figure that was not properly fixed. This is likely to happen with pretty much any manufacturer. I am confident that if I am able to get a replacement where both wrists are as secure as my current figure's left arm is, I will have a figure that I can enjoy without having to go to insane lengths to make sure I do not ruin the figure. This would likely be a figure that I could pose anyway I want as many times as I want with no worry. I am remaining optimistic and believing that I just got a rare dud. Again, I would recommend that anyone who has orders out from a company that will easily accept returns or exchanges keep their orders and just ensure that they inspect it fully upon arrival. The fact that I am the only one that has gotten a bad figure so far shows that there are good figures being shipped out and the odds of getting a flawed figure are likely rare. Of course, this is just my opinion. I understand the frustration of having to worry about getting a figure that will be ruined shortly after arrival and a figure that you really want but will not be able to enjoy fully.

I'm overly careful with my Hot Toys figures. My MMS238 Terminator is pretty solid but it doesn't stop me from gingerly posing it on the rare occasions I do (in fact it's been in the same badass pose pretty much since the day I got it). I always think back to the Youtube review of Hot Toys 1/4 Endo where the guy over extends the neck joint right out of the box and snaps both the rods just like that. Not meaning to laugh at others misfortune but that's just funny :lol. Anyways, it does sound like something may have been measured wrong on your suit or something. I hope you get a decent replacement.

I wonder if one of the 3d sculpters/printers on the board could come up with a solution. It seems to me like the black band on the hands should have been a ringed cap at the end of the arm, that the hands then plug into. The hands would need to be modified to have a concave receptacle for the balljoint. If the cap is secured with superglue, that could possible prevent friction against the suit and act as something to keep the suit from coming detached from inside the arm. The trick would be to secure the cap while the arm is bent to allow for the most flexibility.

deadpoolwrist.jpg

I'm not totally sure I really understand this issue with the figure. How often do you change the pose of a figure where the material may begin to fray over time? I have the HT Kylo, Rey & BB8, Finn and Riot Trooper, and Captain Phasma. Every one of them I've posed in the position I wanted them in, with a few tweaks when I noticed something a bit off from different angles. But now that they are settled they're in a display case and wont ever be touched again. I can understand if the sleeves arrive detached from the wrists but concerns over longevity are a bit odd to me unless you mess with them on a daily basis. Not trying to be confrontational. Since I'm still relatively new to the collecting I legitimately want to understand these concerns. Deadpool was actually my very first preorder of HTs ever and mine will FINALLY be arriving on Weds.

I rarely pose my figures multiple times. Deadpool would likely be posed more than most as he comes with so many great options. Overall, I would not likely pose him an excessive amount. I do not know about others, but I am seeing that people want to be able to pose their figures how they want and when they want without risk to the figure. This is understandable. There are plenty of figures that have limitations and there are figures that need to not be kept in a certain pose for too long. I think the main issue with this figure comes from where the defect is and how it could potentially restrict and limit poses and the ability to swap hands. As far as the fraying goes, the possible problem is that before any fix was applied the material was already damaged meaning it is already weak and susceptible to further damage right out of the box Again, I believe these problems only exist if the fix was not done correctly or at all.

I think the concern is more immediate than you would know. It seems like the fraying is happening just within switching out the hands the first couple times which can lead to advanced deterioration down the road.

I think the concern is more immediate than you would know. It seems like the fraying is happening just within switching out the hands the first couple times which can lead to advanced deterioration down the road.

They already extended the pegs to prevent the cuff rub.

As PoppJax mentioned, some figures might have been the re-do of the flawed batches and the sleeves were already frayed to begin with.

Later batches would most likely have the sleeves in 99% condition since it never saw the cuff rub.

Those getting the figure soon would most likely be the ones getting the redone batch.

Those getting the figure later would most likely get the later batches with little to no signs of fraying.

As mentioned, let's all help each other out and post pictures
The more information/data we get of the shipments, the better decisions we can make.

Remember, its not the end of the world if you receive a flawed one.
Simply ask for a replacement.

You wouldn't want to miss out on a great figure over something that can be and has already been fixed right?

I personally pose my Transformers all the time.

When I had a 1/4 collection, I did that too. My EB Rambo, Robocop, BB Batman, The HT TDK, etc. While I understand others not doing that, I firmly believe that the main purpose of a toy Is to be posed at leas a bit, right? Because no matter how you call them, these are toys at the end of the day. expensive, yeah, but still toys (Hot TOYS). So, when someone suggests NOT moving a toy (action figure, collectible, piece of "art" or whatever you want to call it) is a bit mind-blowing to me.

I preordered the Miller TDK P1 Statue. I'm not planning on posing that, because it is a statue.

I ordered the Deadpool toy, and I'm planning on posing the hell out of it, much like the HT promo pics, because its is a pose-able, expensive toy. But still, a toy.

I really don't see why it is so hard to some to understand that some of us like this sort of thing.

So, I hope a fix was actually done in order for me to do that, if not, it goes back.

I personally pose my Transformers all the time.

When I had a 1/4 collection, I did that too. My EB Rambo, Robocop, BB Batman, The HT TDK, etc. While I understand others not doing that, I firmly believe that the main purpose of a toy Is to be posed at leas a bit, right? Because no matter how you call them, these are toys at the end of the day. expensive, yeah, but still toys (Hot TOYS). So, when someone suggests NOT moving a toy (action figure, collectible, piece of "art" or whatever you want to call it) is a bit mind-blowing to me.

I preordered the Miller TDK P1 Statue. I'm not planning on posing that, because it is a statue.

I ordered the Deadpool toy, and I'm planning on posing the hell out of it, much like the HT promo pics, because its is a pose-able, expensive toy. But still, a toy.

I really don't see why it is so hard to some to understand that some of us like this sort of thing.

So, I hope a fix was actually done in order for me to do that, if not, it goes back.

No one said you can't pose it.
The point people were trying to make is for people to just be careful when doing so.

These are expensive toys to begin with....

I'm kind of bummed with all the delays on this guy. My final flex was due on the 20th. I decided to pay it off about a week early on 14th. Originally ordered back in January. I know I have to be patient, but I just assumed I'd be one of the earlier ones shipped out. And now they say they have none in the warehouse.

I'm kind of bummed with all the delays on this guy. My final flex was due on the 20th. I decided to pay it off about a week early on 14th. Originally ordered back in January. I know I have to be patient, but I just assumed I'd be one of the earlier ones shipped out. And now they say they have none in the warehouse.

I would be relieved. You're guaranteed a second batch and hopefully, the sleeves have no signs of fraying.

Just be sure to film SS making you guys smash your figures over a silly wrist issue that can be fixed with glue. I enjoyed watching all the Toyfair Bats vids where they made you kill it over dented abs and faulty boots. Which all of them had or have by now btw.

My guess is that even if your figure appears fixed, it's eventually going to break free from the wrist in time due to design flaw and HT's crappy glue. (It's a darn shame DP doesn't wear gauntlets.)

The actual suit will probably fall apart within 10 years as well but i can't be 100 % sure of that yet.

It's Sideshow's fault? You want them to ship a new figure to the person with the defective figure AND let them keep the defective figure?

Back