1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paid mine off yesterday. So hopefully it will be shipped in the next batch. I'm In the UK though so I am lubing up for the import taxes now.
HM Revenue and customs "Bend over and take down your pants please sir"
Me "No need, I have fashioned a velcro flap and am already touching my toes mr Tax Man, have at it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was like a Jeckle and Hyde response BH8957! :rotfl I totally agree with you though!

Yeah, lol It's really basically the up and down with the entire situation since the beginning. First I saw the SS one and had to have it. My wife made me wait, somehow knowing they'd do a HT one for the film, so I did. It hit with the PO and we ordered 2 at the time before they limited it. And as soon as the issue started popping up, immediately people knee-jerk reacted and cancelled, then re-PO, then cancel, then re-po, then cancel, etc etc over and over. The whole time, and even now I'm of the mindset like enzolt, that we all need to just TRY and chill, wait and see what we get individually and then decide what to do. One set of pics, or a small sect of the people doesn't mean the entirety is doomed after their "fix"....

But then the logic centre if the brain kicks in a bit harder and I realize that, on the same token.....why is this even happening to begin with? How are we all sitting here in the BEST case scenario hoping OUR figure(s) - basically - "aren't as BAD as someone else's figure(s)", and the worst case, it is as messed up and maybe even worse and we send them back HOPING we get lucky enough to get one that's - STILL - "not as BAD as someone else's or my previous figure"?!

Regardless to the feelings or temperament about this situation, the bottom line question should be - across the board - why is this situation even something we're all just kind of accepting? Shouldn't Hot Toys be held up to a standard they themselves have created at least? Or how about Sideshow not holding Hot Toys to a certain standard? Whether we can afford dozens of these a month or a few a year, in no way should we be satisfied with the stress and anxiety that our $300+ purchase for a posable figure HOPEFULLY isn't AS BAD as someone else's figure. There should be zero stress and anxiety that our figure, supposedly mint out of the box, has inherent problems right from the factory and hope that MY figure isn't as bad a shape as Posters X,Y and Z. That's messed up! I don't want to see someone get shafted, let alone be selfish enough that I hope MINE is ok. Everyone's should be ok. What're we paying for here? And yeah, it is stress and anxiety wondering if we're going to have to be part of the group that has to deal with the whole return thing, then the ride starts all over waiting for it to get to them, then new one to us, and then hoping we get one that's not a bad as the one we've just returned. Look at DeanKnight....how many did he return?! And each time there was crap wrong that just shouldn't have been and he had someone on the inside physically picking one up for him from Hong Kong! That's CRAZY! I would rather the figure be delayed until Q1 2017 if it meant zero stress and anxiety worrying if our expensive purchase isn't basically broken before you even open the box.

I love the character, the film and the figure. I will never cancel it. I want it. I'm just hoping that my wife's figure and mine aren't already wrecked before I even get to open the box, of if I do, things don't go way south way fast by bending the arm slightly. Sure, it's unrealistic to expect the same problems based on one photo, but a lot of us took that stance in the start from the Hong Kong releases and it turned out to be wide-spread enough that they delayed for a fix, so the issues aren't just wrist-peg related and this is the first (and yes, only) sign - so far - that there's more to watch out for. Let's hope this is it, as unfortunate as it is for the poor guy that go this one.

The more figures that arrive and the more people post in this thread their findings, the better idea we'll all have. I just hope that whatever situation people find themselves in that they get their figures straightened out quickly and with as little stress as possible and I hope that it's just a fluke and the rest of us don't have anything to really deal with or worry about from here on out. I'm not expecting 100% perfection, but I'm expecting to get a figure that I pay for isn't wrecked from the factory on a massive a scale as this. Recalls and problems are rare, otherwise businesses wouldn't be in business. And I have quite a few 6th scales from Hot Toys and a couple from SS and this is the first and only figure I have the situation of a serious potential problem like this. All of mine are solid and have been for years.

Buying these figures should not be a lottery of 50/50 for your figure being wrecked before the freaking tape-seal is cut....and I would say that it's perfectly realistic to expect these figures to not have a serious issue like this on such a wide scale.

So that's where I'm at right now. I have a LOT of stress and anxiety personally with my wife's health, my own physical disabilities, and one of my few joys is collecting these figures I really love and talking with you guys here, seeing photos and dioramas, so the idea that this situation might not be actually fixed is adding to that stress and anxiety and it just shouldn't be that way.

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone.

J

Welp I opened mine up. I'm...not sure how to feel. Good news is that the hands swap cleanly and the sleeve cuffs are fine. BUT, it's going to be very important to be careful with them, that much is certain. Maybe still do the cuff stretch. Much like Clipper's fix, it feels like the ball hinge is locked in place. The body is rock solid, one of the smoothest moving and sturdiest true types I've used. He doesn't need a stand, and I'm usually ultra paranoid about that.

This is a very strange material. I don't know what to make of it, it stretches a lot more than you might think, and it totally doesn't feel like something I've handled before.

The holsters feel woefully cheap, mainly because they're hollow and if you push the guns in too much, they just pop out the bottom.

The back magnet to hold the sheathes is pretty dope. Much stronger than you would expect. However the eyes are not as exciting as I had expected. There really isn't much variation to many of them and because of that you don't get as much expression as one might want.

I do have a small knick in the sleeve on the forearm. I'm debating contacting SS about it. I wonder if they would give me a partial refund...

Overall...I'm actually a bit underwhelmed. Now I've only played with this for a few minutes, but coming off the heels of Knightmare Batman, this guy feels a bit lightweight. I'm going to wait my 30 days, mess with poses and all that, but I might not keep him. Truly not sure at this point. But oddly not so much worry about the common topics, but because he isn't as exciting as I thought. I also have an exam in the morning that I feel unprepared for and will be up the rest of the night working on, so perhaps that's putting a damper on it.
cf0ed88a405ac0b6baad63b648956223.jpg
bd305510ad4c33fc1b32befcafe0cba1.jpg

Based on what, one photo?

Your judgment of a figure is based off one data point?

Wow...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's based on that and the dozens of pictures before this "fix". They extended the peg slightly but it didnt really solve the issue. Just lessened the chances of it. It's still commendable that they did it though.

Already two reports from people saying they did not have problems with the sleeve.

As been mentioned, handle the figure with care, as with any Hot Toys figures (pretty sure everyone is very careful with their Iron Men).

Let's wait for more reports before starting the drama. :)

It's based on that and the dozens of pictures before this "fix". They extended the peg slightly but it didnt really solve the issue. Just lessened the chances of it. It's still commendable that they did though.

Its inherent of the material. Handle it with care. Enjoy it.

In the end, its up to you.

All I am saying is we all need to calm down and wait. I am pretty sure nobody wants to miss out on a very revered character from a very successful movie.

I know right? :hi5:

Which exactly? That people expect quality from a two hundred dollar figure or that a twenty dollar toy can out preform it?

How does legends "out perform" the hot toys version? We're comparing apples and oranges. The hasbro figure has one set of hands, an okay/a little sloppy paint job, easily visible joints, no fabric, no metal swords missing molded details, and is also impossible to find in stores.

The hot toys version has more realistic problems.. an actual suit, accessories, etc.

You can expect quality and perfection all you want, but like I said before, not every product a company produces is going to be 100% perfect. That's just not how the world works. Total perfection is rarely achieved. Just because something is priced high (which in this industry this figure isn't all that high) doesn't mean it's going to be perfect.

Aside from the wrist issues, I haven't heard many complaints.

Lastly.. I'd much rather spend $250 for hot toys deadpool with a possible wrist issue than a cheap little plastic hasbro toy.

It's based on that and the dozens of pictures before this "fix". They extended the peg slightly but it didnt really solve the issue. Just lessened the chances of it. It's still commendable that they did it though.

We all know the real issue at this point, right? It's the glove rubbing on the suit, right?

Well, if they've extended the wrists, and we know what causes the problem, it should be easy enough to avoid it.

Now, if you bend the elbow and the suit becomes untucked from the wrist, that's a different problem right?

Now, if you bend the elbow and the suit becomes untucked from the wrist, that's a different problem right?

Seems that's already taken care of too.

Maybe still do the cuff stretch. Much like Clipper's fix, it feels like the ball hinge is locked in place.

Handle the figure/material with care, simple as that. These aren't cheap Marvel Legends figures.

Seems that's already taken care of too.

Handle the figure/material with care, simple as that. These aren't cheap Marvel Legends figures.
Enzolt, I appreciate your contributions frequently, but with all due respect you DON'T have this in hand and are trying to speak for others. Comparatively, yes - I feel like I'm handling fine China compared to a beer stein if I could put Deadpool against Nightmare Bats or a Captain America. And that's something you can't speak for until you actually get to fiddle with it, and yes, it is a little unsettling and a bit of a killjoy. So before it goes out that everyone but you takes no care or precaution when handling their figures, some experience with the figure is much more welcome.

Enzolt, I appreciate your contributions frequently, but with all due respect you DON'T have this in hand and are trying to speak for others. Comparatively, yes - I feel like I'm handling fine China compared to a beer stein if I could put Deadpool against Nightmare Bats or a Captain America. And that's something you can't speak for until you actually get to fiddle with it, and yes, it is a little unsettling and a bit of a killjoy. So before it goes out that everyone but you takes no care or precaution when handling their figures, some experience with the figure is much more welcome.
No worries. I'm not saying people don't handle their figures with care.

All I'm saying is that it seems we all need to be mindful of the material and the way we handle the figure because of it.

Yes, I don't have the figure in hand but it doesn't mean I can't read and deduce from people's reports and experiences.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How does legends "out perform" the hot toys version? We're comparing apples and oranges. The hasbro figure has one set of hands, an okay/a little sloppy paint job, easily visible joints, no fabric, no metal swords missing molded details, and is also impossible to find in stores.

The hot toys version has more realistic problems.. an actual suit, accessories, etc.

You can expect quality and perfection all you want, but like I said before, not every product a company produces is going to be 100% perfect. That's just not how the world works. Total perfection is rarely achieved. Just because something is priced high (which in this industry this figure isn't all that high) doesn't mean it's going to be perfect.

Aside from the wrist issues, I haven't heard many complaints.

Lastly.. I'd much rather spend $250 for hot toys deadpool with a possible wrist issue than a cheap little plastic hasbro toy.

Out perform as in articulation but I should have explained that better. Being unable to pose him a fair amount has been an underlying complaint as well. If I remember correctly one or two people also said the eye plates didnt fit snugly. I never really said anything about perfection though. I'm just saying that we often buy them because they're high end. So the bar and our expectations are just that much higher.

I digress however. Just like anyone else I'm voicing my concerns both for the figure and the company. I really reeeeally wanted this to turn out well.

This is a very complex suit to design where it needs to be skin tight. We all know what trouble we had with Spidey a few years back. It was another material but causes problems for us.

I feel people should slow down and watch the fabric as they slowly move the arm. If you see the fabric getting too tight around wrist like it's pulling away just stop and gently wave a hair dryer to carefully soften the fabric a little.

Then move the arm a little more. Once the fabric softens for the first arm pose it should have stretched enough to not have this problem again.

Just my thoughts that may help a little

/

Really? That takes the enjoyment out of an expensive posable figure. I do appreciate the advice, but I, like a lot of people here and maybe you too, work really hard for my money. I totally understand that figures aren't perfect and I was very patient with this figure and didn't cancel when this happened with the first batch. Even though this is one incident with the second batch, it shows that the issue at hand is very likely to repeat itself. Again, I work too hard for my money to spend it on a $235 plus shipping item that I feel is more likely to have issues than not. I'm not knocking ANYONE who still wants this. This is just my take on it. Hot Toys is a GREAT company, but they're failing on this one! This is why I'm passing on this.

Which exactly? That people expect quality from a two hundred dollar figure or that a twenty dollar toy can out preform it?

I've been in this collecting Hot Toys nightmare hobby that never ends since 2012. I have purchased over 40 figures so far. Throughout the years of buying various figures made of different suit materials, I have been down these roads of breaking figures because of getting too excited to "Play or Pose" them.

I've learned that these Hot Toys figures are made to carefully and slowly pose while watching what the material does especially tightly fitted suits. Once posed they are meant to be put on a shelf out of sunlight in a temperature controlled room.

Even though We as collectors think they are "Action Figures" Hot Toys does not. Meaning they are pose able with many points of articulation, but meant to be a Movie Replica piece of art.

For example: When CatWoman came out, there were so many people breaking the Goggles. In reality all you had to do is carefully watch as you moved the tiny tiny paper thin goggle frames upward with equal pressure then slide onto her head from the back pushing forward.

All in all these are not Toys like a Marvel Legends figure which yes you can throw at a wall and it will survive.

We spend a lot of hard earned money on this hobby but we really need to understand that paying 250.00 doesn't mean we get a Kids toy that is sold at Walmart. We are buying a Museum quality replica, and should be treated as a piece of art.

Just my two cents as a collector that fell into a rabbit hole many years ago. Keep collecting guys & girls. :hi5:

/

Good luck on that test @ DioramaMaker and hope the figure resparks some interest after some more time/fun with it : )
(but if not, totally cool too)

I do have a small knick in the sleeve on the forearm. I'm debating contacting SS about it. I wonder if they would give me a partial refund...

I'd say as a guess that's meant to be there in the forearm as the weathering of the figure. There are various points on it, like the chest and torso in general, that has "hits" in it. I would look at the specific area on your figure - can't really tell from the image - and see if it's there on everyone else's images of the figure, even promos, to make sure.
Other than that, glad there aren't issues and I think you may be feeling a bit underwhelmed because of the wait, the hype, the situation behind it, and like everything it's been built up with all of this going on plus having a test or something and being somewhere else in your head, I think after you have time to take a breath, you may feel different. If not, well such is life, sorry it's not what you expect. Thanks for posting your findings though, as it does help those of us eagerly awaiting and worrying about what might be waiting for us in the box with the recent posts.

I think we need to just keep on the line of waiting until we all get it in hand person by person and see where we end up. No need to argue it out until then, really. Only once we each have it can we all really decide what's up with this figure in the end for us. ;)

J

I'm going to wait my 30 days, mess with poses and all that, but I might not keep him. Truly not sure at this point. But oddly not so much worry about the common topics, but because he isn't as exciting as I thought. I also have an exam in the morning that I feel unprepared for and will be up the rest of the night working on, so perhaps that's putting a damper on it.
cf0ed88a405ac0b6baad63b648956223.jpg
We all pay for these types of people.

I love this guy!! Yes I have him. He is on a shelf and will remain in his current pose. Even if there were some flaws I would still keep him. By far my best 6th scale figure. Very exciting and dynamic (of course my only 'flying' figure). Get him and don't let the tiny flaws bother u. If six months from now I see little wear and tear oh well. Remember he did get the sh@t beat out of him in the movie. You think his suit in the movie is made of steel or something?

You look hard enough u will find something wrong with everything. I am very OCD about statutes. 1/6 scale not so much. I did have an issue where the peg came out of right arm and it was a bear to get back in. Had to pull material a little out to find hole and didn't get it back in exactly. Oh well. Wish I could post pics from my phone

Last edited:
Back