1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't there a reason the outer brown box is called the "shipper"?

Who actually calls it a "shipper"? Hot Toys? Collectors? Is that the official designation for the brown box, or one that's been informally applied to it because that's how Sideshow views and uses it?
Was it actually intended to be used as a shipper, or is its purpose to protect the art box?
I wouldn't actually care to have my figures shipped with only the outer brown box as protection, if it arrived undamaged, but I've received too many dented, creased and perforated art boxes in the past. Neither UPS nor FedEx can manage to get one to me without some degree of damage inflicted to the product box.

Who actually calls it a "shipper"? Hot Toys? Collectors? Is that the official designation for the brown box, or one that's been informally applied to it because that's how Sideshow views and uses it?
Was it actually intended to be used as a shipper, or is its purpose to protect the art box?
I wouldn't actually care to have my figures shipped with only the outer brown box as protection, if it arrived undamaged, but I've received too many dented, creased and perforated art boxes in the past. Neither UPS nor FedEx can manage to get one to me without some degree of damage inflicted to the product box.

I have had the same experiences with damaged art boxes. I don't understand why SSC doesn't try to remain competitive in this area of customer service. I'd be happy if they just wrapped it in some brown shipping paper.

I haven't ever purchased the pack out option and I was wondering what this option gets you? Could someone fill me in? Have you ever had any luck getting SSC to do this for a set of figures and not just a single figure? I tried asking them to pack out my armory set and they said it would be too expensive and that collectors wouldn't pay it. They say all that without giving me a quote. I have OCD, they could have gotten just about anything from me to have a mint brown shipper. And why is it cost prohibited for SSC but I order a set of 1/6 table and chairs from bbts and get this huge box filled with shipping peanuts for like $8 something? I am genuinely interested in the answer to these questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turns out this guy isn't so 'Sideshow Exclusive' after all...Forbiddenplanet.com has him up for £310, that's £10 cheaper than what they've priced the Mark 45...and I went with Sideshow. You live and learn.

edit: The release date does say June 2016 though.

Would you guys say $400 shipped is good for a mint and complete War Machine Mk1?

i bought 1 in sept last year around $250 (if converted to usd). but i cant really say as i'm at the other side of the world and it could be a whole lot diffrent market .

Isn't there a reason the outer brown box is called the "shipper"?
This was my thought too. Just because the community of collector's decides to include it as piece of the collectible doesn't mean that's what was ever intended.
I've seen some collector's say they won't buy without said "brown shipper."
When I received my first ever Sideshow 1/6th, Catwoman, tossed the brown box like it was nothing not realizing how most collector's view them.

Turns out this guy isn't so 'Sideshow Exclusive' after all...Forbiddenplanet.com has him up for £310, that's £10 cheaper than what they've priced the Mark 45...and I went with Sideshow. You live and learn.

edit: The release date does say June 2016 though.

Glad I went the ebay route. Direct from Hong Kong and paid £270-£280. Still far more than this should be priced but I'm glad I didn't sideshow it.

To tie in with another discussion, no shipper box for me though. Think I'm happier saving the £40 and getting it months earlier!

Glad I went the ebay route. Direct from Hong Kong and paid £270-£280. Still far more than this should be priced but I'm glad I didn't sideshow it.

To tie in with another discussion, no shipper box for me though. Think I'm happier saving the £40 and getting it months earlier!

Nice work :duff
I need my shippers tho :lol

Mine is going to come Thursday! :yess: :rock

:panic::panic::panic:
War Machine coming at ya!
war-machine-age-of-ultron-21.gif

Back