1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a 6 foot folding table from Home Depot..so 72" X 30" I think. I am planning on putting some Ikea Klaxxa as the base shortly will give me 87" L and about 32 " W so I can get in more suits and HP HOA's...

thanks mate! btw nice photos. cant wait to get mine.

IM3 one looks so... Toyish compared to the new one. The colors are just off putting
It's one thing to have a preference...but come on. I mean, that's your opinion and all, but go back and read the thread about the IM3 version and look at how everyone was gushing about it when the blogger pics arrived, I don't think many people will share that opinion. Liking this new one more doesn't retroactively make the old one look bad.

Still looks great to me, and I like the new one too.
6a853733gw1ecup2ip3ibj21b90viqa0.jpg

It's one thing to have a preference...but come on. I mean, that's your opinion and all, but go back and read the thread about the IM3 version and look at how everyone was gushing about it when the blogger pics arrived, I don't think many people will share that opinion. Liking this new one more doesn't retroactively make the old one look bad.

Still looks great to me, and I like the new one too.
6a853733gw1ecup2ip3ibj21b90viqa0.jpg

That picture is stylized, the shades of grey are even closer to the new WM

In canadaclone's pic in natural light. Looks like cheap plastic. Of course just my opinion.

That picture is stylized, the shades of grey are even closer to the new WM

In canadaclone's pic in natural light. Looks like cheap plastic. Of course just my opinion.
I chose that pic just because I love Plastic Enemies' photoset, but here have an OMG pic, more neutral lighting. I can't agree that the metallic finish looks like cheap plastic at all, especially if you've seen it in hand, that's some crazy hyperbole. I know, your opinion, but it's sad to see a figure that was universally praised upon release get trashed now just because there's a new kid on the block with a darker paint job and some scuffs. :(

WMMKII100_zps7c9ab4ec.jpg~original

It's a good figure, but the flat paint job ain't my thing.

I've seen other comparison pics and I've already formed an opinion.

Idk, the matte just makes it look less appealing to the more metal looking AoU ver

I like IM3 version because it seems like a paint job the military would actually use and the new version has more of a Stark gloss type paint job. I am happy they are different enough that i can display them both.

I like IM3 version because it seems like a paint job the military would actually use and the new version has more of a Stark gloss type paint job. I am happy they are different enough that i can display them both.

:clap good for u.
as for me, my friend already agreed on buying off my IM3 version, and i'll replace it with AOU version. (can only afford to have 1 WM MK2 in my collection:rotfl)

I prefer the AoU version, but its predecessor definitely does not look toyish. Very good looking figure, I just prefer the white arc reactor and paint of AoU.

I would get this but I think the sensible thing to do is wait for Civil War next year and see what they have in store for WM. Either it looks exactly same as this or they actually give the armor an upgrade and design change. If they make it bulkier like 1.0 that would be freakin awesome. Either way it's pretty much guaranteed that HT will release another WM next year so no hurry for me

Back