1/6 Hot Toys - MMS289 - Avengers: AoU - Hawkeye Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like this hawkeye better then the avengers version. The exposed joints on the avengers one just bothered me for some reason.

Not feeling that headsculpt but ive learned to wait until release to truly judge them. Im most likely passing anyway, one Hawkeye is enough for me.

I don't think this will sell out, maybe if there was an exclusive version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m giving degree of likeness of 8/10 for each of these Hawkeye head sculpts. I do not think that one is better than the other. When we compare theses two Hawkeye, i see a younger and an older Jeremy Renner.

Anyway, the new Hawkeye suit is really nice!!

Hot Toys Online Figures Shop

View attachment 174994

It's interesting that this is definitely a different sculpt (at least the hair), but they went with the exact same expression. Other than the hair the nose looks a bit different, but perhaps they didn't change anything so they wouldn't have to go through approvals again.

It's interesting that this is definitely a different sculpt (at least the hair), but they went with the exact same expression. Other than the hair the nose looks a bit different, but perhaps they didn't change anything so they wouldn't have to go through approvals again.

Aren't the the AOU BW, Cap and Hulk portrait reworks of the Avengers sculpts as well?

I’m giving degree of likeness of 8/10 for each of these Hawkeye head sculpts. I do not think that one is better than the other. When we compare theses two Hawkeye, i see a younger and an older Jeremy Renner.

Anyway, the new Hawkeye suit is really nice!!

Hawkeye.jpg~original

same sculpt, different hair

Has anyone ever made a movie styled masked head for the original Avengers Hawkeye? I would love to have a movie styled alternate head.....

Renner was 41 when he did the first avengers and 44 in this new one so it would make sense that the head sculpt hasn't changed. Only hair changes in those few years which Hot Toy's has accounted for. Of course I don't think HTs ever truly captured Renner's likeness so this is all moot.

It seems like Hawkeye will have a bigger, more central role here. Once the film gets released, I see this figure becoming more appealing and sell even hotter.

Really excited for this guy! Got the email while at work, stopped right there and then to pre-order him. :lol

Anyways, I'm debating whether or not to put in my first order at Sideshow or keep ordering from Animarket. I mainly want to order from Sideshow for the rewards points but i'd pay an extra 20-30 dollars at Sideshow than if I were to buy this at Animarket. How exactly does flex pay work? Like, with Animarket, you pay a pretty damn good price and get the figure early...decisions, decisions....

I've never used flex pay, but my basic understanding is that you can set up how many installments you want to pay off the figure (up to some predetermined limit). I don't believe they charge anything to use the option, but there are some bigger penalties if you cancel an order that you've started flex paying. Though honestly, I think it'd be better to keep the money in a savings account for 6 months, earn a little interest, then pay off the bill all at once.

Also, Sideshow rewards are only 5%, unless there are promotions where it gets increased to 10% or 15% (for the shelf-warmers). So in most cases, it probably won't do much to offset the extra $20-30 (I'm assuming for CA sales tax). The monthly $20 coupons will just offset the extra cost, so the rewards points may actually lead to some savings then. However, when Sideshow gives out rewards points, that's when things get a little more interesting.

Back