1/6 Hot Toys - MMS289 - Avengers: AoU - Hawkeye Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never used flex pay, but my basic understanding is that you can set up how many installments you want to pay off the figure (up to some predetermined limit). I don't believe they charge anything to use the option, but there are some bigger penalties if you cancel an order that you've started flex paying. Though honestly, I think it'd be better to keep the money in a savings account for 6 months, earn a little interest, then pay off the bill all at once.

Also, Sideshow rewards are only 5%, unless there are promotions where it gets increased to 10% or 15% (for the shelf-warmers). So in most cases, it probably won't do much to offset the extra $20-30 (I'm assuming for CA sales tax). The monthly $20 coupons will just offset the extra cost, so the rewards points may actually lead to some savings then. However, when Sideshow gives out rewards points, that's when things get a little more interesting.

Plus if you cancel once flex pays start it is 10.00 per flex pay charge. 5% is better than any savings or CD to put money in. Your lucky to get 1% interest rate. Stock market short term not much better.

I watched Budget Stark's video & I'm pleased the lighting makes a difference to the look of the head sculpt, it looks more like Renner from some angles..., the sun glasses may also help with the likeness issue if need be (I'll see when I get it but may put the shades on him anyway rather than just leaving them in the box). :)

Does anyone know if they've fixed the pre order charging issue yet?

I have been asking the same thing twice... no answer......

All I know is that some got charged and some apparently did not get charged.

I am gonna contact SSC tomorrow to see if the issue is still there, if not gonna order him.

I watched Budget Stark's video & I'm pleased the lighting makes a difference to the look of the head sculpt, it looks more like Renner from some angles..., the sun glasses may also help with the likeness issue if need be (I'll see when I get it but may put the shades on him anyway rather than just leaving them in the box). :)
Well the first one looked better with the shades on. It hides the eyes and brow, which don't look good

If I were to get a any Hawkeye figure, I'd also prefer having him displayed with the shades on. IMO, Renner is a good actor/action star, but he's one of those actors who I see more as himself on screen instead of his character :) IMO Evans is the opposite. Each time I see a non-Marvel movie with him in it both new and old, I don't see Evans or Cap/Steve Rogers. I see the character he's playing.

Ugly visible neck joint....no way I would deface my collection with this. One less AOU figure to buy.

Ugly visible neck joint....no way I would deface my collection with this. One less AOU figure to buy.

jim-carrey.gif

If I were to get a any Hawkeye figure, I'd also prefer having him displayed with the shades on. IMO, Renner is a good actor/action star, but he's one of those actors who I see more as himself on screen instead of his character :) IMO Evans is the opposite. Each time I see a non-Marvel movie with him in it both new and old, I don't see Evans or Cap/Steve Rogers. I see the character he's playing.

I see Cap as........
whoops see... :lol
Evans is always Rogers to me... Every movie I see with him in it I'm always seeing Cap. Did you see Snowpeircer? I didn't believe when I found out that Cap eats babies :horror

:rotfl

I see Cap as........
whoops see... :lol
Evans is always Rogers to me... Every movie I see with him in it I'm always seeing Cap. Did you see Snowpeircer? I didn't believe when I found out that Cap eats babies :horror

:rotfl

Hahaha well I guess it depends on the audience :) I saw Snowpiercer and I didn't see Cap/Rogers at all. Well, I didn't see Hawkeye too when I saw M:I4 and Bourne Legacy, but I saw Renner, not who he's supposed to play :)

I totally felt the same way until I recently re-watched The Hurt Locker. Absolutely stellar performance by Renner. I think he's really under rated when it comes to more dramatic roles. This is just my opinion, no guff intended. :)

I think Renner is a great actor, but his Hawkeye performance is only so-so. That leads me to believe the material was crap. Since he was only in the movie for a couple of mins and a lot of that he wasn't even speaking, then I guess that could be the reason. I am hoping he will have a bigger role and it will be amazing.

I totally felt the same way until I recently re-watched The Hurt Locker. Absolutely stellar performance by Renner. I think he's really under rated when it comes to more dramatic roles. This is just my opinion, no guff intended. :)

**** yeah :rock
Hurt Locker is one of the best movies I have ever and Renner gives an amazing performance, as does Mackie. I would give that movie 10/10.
In fact I might watch it later

:duff

Back