Action Figure 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thks. Good luck to the rest of you, hope there will more conversions. Hate those scalper asking high price for this.

20140913_184356_zpsncxk0nwk.jpg

So I've got boxes sitting in my living room and honestly, of all the marks I opened up , he was the best. So unique and well done. Just not sure if he is supposed to have some darkening under the eyes on the faceplate

Got mine. The shape gives it a very different profile - very interesting, but I can't help but feel that the black wasn't done very well. Makes it look and feel very plasticky. Different from Midas... that thing feels metal even when I hold it!

Plus, anyone else who has it feel that the finishing feels bit sticky / grainy? The kind of feeling when the paint isn't gloss laminated after drying... either that or left out in heat for a long time.

Not owning the Mark VII, Midas, or battle damaged Mark VII, I am proud to own this figure. Initially, I was not all that impressed, but that had more to do with owning all three die-cast releases and comparing them to the Python and Silver Centurion armors. This one, and the Centurion, are my first "regular" Iron Man figures and they are both great. It sucks that the Mark 42 came out around the same time - The high standards on that figure did affect my opinions of this, largely due to weight differences, but this is an outstanding release, especially if you don't already own some variant of the Mark VII armor.

Not owning the Mark VII, Midas, or battle damaged Mark VII, I am proud to own this figure. Initially, I was not all that impressed, but that had more to do with owning all three die-cast releases and comparing them to the Python and Silver Centurion armors. This one, and the Centurion, are my first "regular" Iron Man figures and they are both great. It sucks that the Mark 42 came out around the same time - The high standards on that figure did affect my opinions of this, largely due to weight differences, but this is an outstanding release, especially if you don't already own some variant of the Mark VII armor.

It's also worth noting that a lot of guys who missed out on this are trying to track one down.

It's also worth noting that a lot of guys who missed out on this are trying to track one down.

Definitely. An unexpected release and purchase for me. I would like to get the Peacemaker as well, but feel like it is basically the Red Snapper with new arms. It's like they're teasing us with these until the main armors arrive (Heartbreaker, Starboost, etc.).

Definitely. An unexpected release and purchase for me. I would like to get the Peacemaker as well, but feel like it is basically the Red Snapper with new arms. It's like they're teasing us with these until the main armors arrive (Heartbreaker, Starboost, etc.).

It is red snapper with new arms :lol

Just buy them all, save yourself the trouble of choosing which ones to get.

If you don't like the recycling of parts, blame Stark, not Hot Toys. It's not like they aren't making them accurate to the designs.

I just got Red Snapper today, and it's really a beautiful figure.....much bigger than a normal suit. I'm going to like having him and Peacemaker as "bookends" with my regular sized suits.

If you don't like the recycling of parts, blame Stark, not Hot Toys. It's not like they aren't making them accurate to the designs.

I just got Red Snapper today, and it's really a beautiful figure.....much bigger than a normal suit. I'm going to like having him and Peacemaker as "bookends" with my regular sized suits.

You getting Igor too? If RS and PM are the bookends, he's the bookshelf. :lol

Yeh its getting really boring with people moaning about the kitbash suits... If Stark (Marvel) did it then its surprising so many people seem to think Hot Toys are making these up themselves. Bothering to even glance at the source material would show there were a few original suits and the rest mix and match.

Bit of a rant bur suits like Python look great despite being a blend of 3 other suits and I am glad he is stood on my shelf! Think it ks my new favourite suit!

The Python suit looks great, I've committed to Igor now though so unfortunately it's one of those cool suits I'll always wish I'd got BUT as I can't afford everything, I'll not let it bother me. :)

Back