1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Black Widow - Yelena Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sizeable window here before the Eternals drops. Will continue to see how Hot Toys fills the time with releases.

No purchase here for me. Will see where this character goes in Hawkeye series.

I really like this photo

Attachments

• D4EBF9B5-DF42-4757-A6F4-1B0701992530.jpeg
    D4EBF9B5-DF42-4757-A6F4-1B0701992530.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 87
Wow, this look really good. The sculpt is excellent, and I like how they've updated the vest from the IW Black Widow release - the oversized zipper is gone, and it looks like those two small straps somehow (velcro?) can be used for the closed vest look. I did chuckle when I saw the headset as an accessory - it's not like a 1/6 Mil-8 helicopter is also coming our way. :lol

Shouldn’t she come with vials of the red artificial gas as an accessory? Just like the exclusive black suit BW came with the wrong extra accessory (should be TM’s sword, not the shield), this one missed the one accessory that truly defines the character in this movie!

Its 273usd but TBA is only allowing 50% deposit. So that only qualifies for the 50HK discount, whereas if it was a full deposit, it would qualify for the 100HK discount. Think its a difference of $5 off the total

Wow, this look really good. The sculpt is excellent, and I like how they've updated the vest from the IW Black Widow release - the oversized zipper is gone, and it looks like those two small straps somehow (velcro?) can be used for the closed vest look. I did chuckle when I saw the headset as an accessory - it's not like a 1/6 Mil-8 helicopter is also coming our way. :lol
The zipper is really nice, funny small things like that makes such a difference. Not everything in 1/6 needs to be functional.

I liked the character but I find that costume too boring to want to pay $275+ for it. Hopefully the suit she wears in Hawkeye (or Thunderbolts, if they ever get around to it) will be more interesting and they can re-use the headsculpt.

Ugggghh why couldn't they have used this white fabric material for White Widow Figure. Then we wouldn't have to deal with the rubber suit material again. Yelena looks perfect. I wish we would have gotten a second head sculpt with the long pony tail as well to recreate the poser joke.

Looks AMAZING. I thought the Black Widow movie was only OK, but i really liked her character and her performance. Honestly, this was only her first movie and she was still way more likeable and interesting than Natasha

I liked the character but I find that costume too boring to want to pay $275+ for it. Hopefully the suit she wears in Hawkeye (or Thunderbolts, if they ever get around to it) will be more interesting and they can re-use the headsculpt.
I'm guessing this will come in at $250, the same as White Widow and Taskmaster. Even the Black & Gold Widow was only $260, so I'll be surprised if this is priced higher than that. But with HT one never knows...

Looks AMAZING. I thought the Black Widow movie was only OK, but i really liked her character and her performance. Honestly, this was only her first movie and she was still way more likeable and interesting than Natasha

Agreed! I found Natasha a bit boring in this. Yelena was a fun character and probably the best thing in this film.

Courtesy of MrCollectionAdventures on Instagram.
yelena.jpg

As I said last night, incredible sculpt in my opinion. Certainly one of the most lifelike female sculpts I have ever seen.

I said once that I loved the Yelena character but had zero interest in a figure of her, then in classic form - Hot Toys goes and pulls out all the stops in creating a Yelena figure. I thought the costume would be boring and the pose options lacking but with the accessories they have included she's every bit an action figure as Black Widow.

I think the costuming here is next-level for one-sixth scale, too. From the wrinkles in the fabrics to the zippers and vest, she really looks like a 1:1 Yelena. And like I mentioned earlier I love what they've done with the split-cut boot. It'll make a huge difference for poses and it's a realism sacrifice that goes barely noticed.

1634739098005.png

I will say too I do not recall the last time Hot Toys just used a colored backdrop for all of the promotional photos as opposed to the heavily photoshopped movie plates.

Back