1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my stand for R2 in from @Cocoboloboy - it makes such a huge difference to have him in a display instead of just standing on the shelf.

I'm planning to display him with ROTJ C-3PO once he's released, so I threw together a temporary setup with Grogu in the meantime.

View attachment 674005
I really like that! Got some room on there for some goodies with it being rectangular instead of the standard, curved version. 😎

Wow.

FACTORY HORROR.jpg

When HT first announced that they were finally producing Threepio, like many, I was surprised that this was the version they wanted to introduce into their collection of SW figures. Surely it was the shiny, Yavin ceremony perfection we were to be treated to first, yes? But no, instead they chose the cobbled together version featured in "Attack of the Clones" and now that it's here in front of me, I can say yes, it's actually a very inspired choice. The textures, the layered, distressed patina featured on the finish of every piece really shows the prowess of Hot Toys right at this moment. The work here is second to none.

The figure demands to be stared at, with each section demanding the eye's attention. It recalls the young boy apologizing for "not finishing him" and "making sure mom doesn't sell him" to showing the visual passage of time with the story. A mother filled with hope and regret, finishing her son's left-behind project and recalling fond memories of him with each plate she salvages and attaches to the droid.

Why am I gushing so much about this figure? Because like so many of my favorite figures in my collection, it not only looks great and shows great skill in it's production, it tells a story just by looking at it. It generates a smile every time I pass it on the shelve.

Breathtaking. Bravo, Hot Toys. While the other versions of Threepio will surely come (ROTJ is already on the way), I'll always find appreciation in this version.

AOTC-C3PO - 01.jpg

INTO THE ARENA.jpg

Last edited:
Wow.

View attachment 674219

When HT first announced that they were finally producing Threepio, like many, I was surprised that this was the version they wanted to introduce into their collection of SW figures. Surely it was the shiny, Yavin ceremony perfection we were to be treated to first, yes? But no, instead they chose the cobbled together version featured in "Attack of the Clones" and now that it's here in front of me, I can say yes, it's actually a very inspired choice. The textures, the layered, distressed patina featured on the finish of every piece really shows the prowess of Hot Toys right at this moment. The work here is second to none.

The figure demands to be stared at, with each section demanding the eye's attention. It recalls the young boy apologizing for "not finishing him" and "making sure mom doesn't sell him" to showing the visual passage of time with the story. A mother filled with hope and regret, finishing her son's left-behind project and recalling fond memories of him with each plate she salvages and attaches to the droid.

Why am I gushing so much about this figure? Because like so many of my favorite figures in my collection, it not only looks great and shows great skill in it's production, it tells a story just by looking at it. It generates a smile every time I pass it on the shelve.

Breathtaking. Bravo, Hot Toys. While the other versions of Threepio will surely come (ROTJ is already on the way), I'll always find appreciation in this version.

View attachment 674221

View attachment 674288
Spectacular,as always!!!😍

Preorder it last year. Still waiting for KGhobby to ship my C3PO.
They are so slow. Anyone got shipment from them yet?
KG still haven’t got their Fennec or Koska Reeves stock in- and they released 2 whole months before Threepio.
They did ship out Cad Bane awhile ago though, and he came out a week or two after the gals…

Could just be that they’ve overlooked my orders- again…

Last figure i got from them (actually in transit) is Bespin Luke (Dx25). Koska and Fennec were not expected in their warehouse before next year when i asked a couple weeks ago. Also, 3PO status still appears as "Pre-Order" on their site.

Also, shipping and communication might be slow in the coming days as they are running a Black Friday sale.

Not sure one can assume two distributors will get their share at the same time but i'm crossing fingers for you. For my part, i POed 3PO locally and it will be a close call for him to be home for Xmas.

Last edited:
Back