1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

I am hoping they just include swapable arms..... wishful thinking I know

But doesn't the body need to have the sculpted chainmail bits for the arm pits like they had with the Dark World version? Wishful thinking to just have a sleeved version as well....or again, wait for the Ragnarok one. Cause if not, then i'll just have to buy the Dark World sleeved body/arms and put the Age of Ultron tunic over that one if I wanna get a sleeved version. XD

But doesn't the body need to have the sculpted chainmail bits for the arm pits like they had with the Dark World version? Wishful thinking to just have a sleeved version as well....or again, wait for the Ragnarok one. Cause if not, then i'll just have to buy the Dark World sleeved body/arms and put the Age of Ultron tunic over that one if I wanna get a sleeved version. XD

I don't think that arm pit part is necessary this time, see post #134 on the previous page....
it seems to be fabric this time
The-avengers-age-of-ultron-thor-Christopher-Hemsworth-1.jpg

I also checked the second trailer and the fabric is present on the armored costume as well

I just noticed the weathering on the armor. Nice touch.

Yea I really hope there is a sleeved version coming out. I like that version better than the bare arm thor. Unfortunately I had to sell my TDW one to ease the pain of this big ass wave of figures coming out right now

Yeah, I just sold my Light Armor Thor for $325 on eBay in anticipation of this figure.

Man, I'd probably sell mine too of I could make a profit on it. The sleeved Thor will probably be dirt cheap during Spooktacular

All Thors are going for peanuts on eBay except the light armor. If there is no exclusive Thor, I will wait until the AoU is also selling for peanuts on the bay...same thing goes for Black Widow and Hulk if he doesn't get a new sculpt.

Not that I would sell my Light Thor but if I sold it for $325, I only make a profit of about $25, and thats not even factoring in shipping costs and fees on my end :ohbfrank:

Actually I wouldn't make a profit at all, it cost me $229 base, plus $40 shipping from SSC, and another $60 in fees(import)

Man, I'd probably sell mine too of I could make a profit on it. The sleeved Thor will probably be dirt cheap during Spooktacular

The sleeved Thor is actually going for a sweet deal right now but I'm holding off until this one goes up for PO just to see if they'll release a sleeved Thor at the same time like the two TDW versions.

The sleeved Thor is actually going for a sweet deal right now but I'm holding off until this one goes up for PO just to see if they'll release a sleeved Thor at the same time like the two TDW versions.

I'd be surprised if they did two versions of thor for this license. Tdw had just two characters from hot toys. And an exclusive version of one. For AoU we will have thor, Cap, Hulk, widow, hawkeye, mk43, HB, at least one Ultron, SW, QS and probably a couple more. That's a lot of stuff from one license. On top of new Star Wars stuff in the pipeline, probably new terminator, maybe JW, Ant-man, and then the new DCU stuff. Last year was a pretty slow year for tent pole movie characters. GoTG was the big one. DOFP would have been if not for the licenses issues with it. But outside of that it was slow.

It's entirly possible we end up with multiple versions of a few but I don't think it would be any time soon. Just my gut feeling.

I agree.... I think its unlikely we will get multiple Thors, especially since he's one of those figures people buy after buying the ones they want :lol

It would be much better to include two sets of arms, two headsculpts and an exclusive item.... that Thor would sell :lecture

If there isn't a sleeveless option for AoU thor, it looks like I won't be getting all the AoU figures afterall... It's way too close to TDW thor for me to want 2, and I like the gold color accents better than silver. I still really don't care for the sleeveless look, but it would be enough of a difference for me to want to get AoU thor.

With the Hulk just released for PO, anybody else thinking maybe there will be a deluxe AoU Thor with both sleeved and sleeveless versions? I feel like they're trying to hold off on the reveal now.

Better not be $100 price difference.

That would be pretty cool if they include both sets of arms.

It seems like he spends more time in the movie sleeveless, even in battles. Going off various scenes in the trailers, new poster and all the promo art.

That would be pretty cool if they include both sets of arms.

It seems like he spends more time in the movie sleeveless, even in battles. Going off various scenes in the trailers, new poster and all the promo art.

He's been seen sleeved quite a bit in the group promo art.

Wouldn't go off promo art.

With the Hulk just released for PO, anybody else thinking maybe there will be a deluxe AoU Thor with both sleeved and sleeveless versions? I feel like they're trying to hold off on the reveal now.

Good question. Another rubber armed Thor is insta-pass for me though.

Back