1/6 Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soveiny-waiting.gif
Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office

Sheesh. I never liked how the made the symbiote enemies so gigantic. Venom was like 7 foot
Think it started happening after Mac Gargan. I'm fine with it but it's when we start to make every symbiote gigantic for the sake of making them look big & all powerful even willing to ignore source material (looking at Carnage from Venom 2........then worst off he dies in same movie when the guy is a menace to both Venom & Spider-Man to the point they have to team-up; so glad I didn't see that in theaters)

Aside from the size my main issue is the mouth/jaw/chin. It looks like this in the game too but it makes the Venom head look more like a helmet than a natural jawline. It just looks off to me.

View attachment 669975
Yeah it's like they were trying to go for classic Venom smile in modern day look. Probably would've been better to use the one when game was originally announced and Venom was talking in the background then face reveal if they wanted a sort of static face. Definitely see what you mean.

Price actually decent. I'll definitely get this as I'd only want one version of Venom and I'm OK with the re-design since I felt the games were their own thing taking inspiration of the 616 universe and Ultimates.

I will keep this until something better comes along. This new Venom is way to big, 1/4 scale too big. The Logo is off and the body vs the head sculpt issues should be addressed.
1697747996231.png

I will keep this until something better comes along. This new Venom is way to big, 1/4 scale too big. The Logo is off and the body vs the head sculpt issues should be addressed.
View attachment 670031
You must be kidding? Hot toys venom is licensed and accurate to the video game. Bullethead is cool for the time but nowadays is hot garbage. Loose legs, thin vinyl logo, soft details in the head sculpt and teeth, etc

Think it started happening after Mac Gargan. I'm fine with it but it's when we start to make every symbiote gigantic for the sake of making them look big & all powerful even willing to ignore source material (looking at Carnage from Venom 2........then worst off he dies in same movie when the guy is a menace to both Venom & Spider-Man to the point they have to team-up; so glad I didn't see that in theaters)
That was my issue. I may pick up carnage now since this venom scales good with him but I never was a fan of those goofy venom movies. I think people forget that the character is beyond just “he looks cool” he’s a broken man who was a body builder and the symbiote amplified his power and gave him Spider-Man abilities. The symbiote doesn’t just magically look like Spider-Man and is a big huge hulking beast.

As for carnage. Part of the charm was he was a small scrawny character who could do more and was stronger and crazier. The reason he isn’t huge is cause he wasn’t a body builder like Eddie. Making carnage this big huge deep voice monster was stupid. Also carnage and the symbiote are one. They never fight. Movie was just stupid. The only reason I got movie venom is cause I didn’t think we’d ever see an acceptable 1/6th scale version. He’s ok if you ignore the symbol tbh.
This however is a better design despite the back story and size and it’s kinda a great price tbh

That was my issue. I may pick up carnage now since this venom scales good with him but I never was a fan of those goofy venom movies. I think people forget that the character is beyond just “he looks cool” he’s a broken man who was a body builder and the symbiote amplified his power and gave him Spider-Man abilities. The symbiote doesn’t just magically look like Spider-Man and is a big huge hulking beast.

As for carnage. Part of the charm was he was a small scrawny character who could do more and was stronger and crazier. The reason he isn’t huge is cause he wasn’t a body builder like Eddie. Making carnage this big huge deep voice monster was stupid. Also carnage and the symbiote are one. They never fight. Movie was just stupid. The only reason I got movie venom is cause I didn’t think we’d ever see an acceptable 1/6th scale version. He’s ok if you ignore the symbol tbh.
This however is a better design despite the back story and size and it’s kinda a great price tbh
Agreed & all points. That was the allure of Carnage. Same with me on the Venom figure. Thankfully another one was presented and as you said better priced. Not familiar on backstory of this variant (haven't played the game yet I was thinking about getting it today, didn't preorder since I saw no incentive also admittedly not as hyped for some reason even though I'm like a Spider-Man fan completely).

Hopefully they take care of concerns, or maybe there's nothing to take care of cause it wasn't too long ago that Miles & Peter were announced & shown, well Miles is already available & released. Listings on ebay showing box & everything ofcourse at large prices. Sounds like they had these queued up & ready ahead of previously announced projects. Sadly means nothing more to tinker with should it need it unless there's large outcry of issues. So sizing on certain areas could be set. Frankly I was surprised they already had a hold "holdable" figure ready.

View attachment 670031
The logo I can give them a pass on cause the logo changes from each host. It never stayed the same. It's not a pass if it's Brock in the symbiote however. My guesses are it isn't, but I haven't played the game so who knows. I'm thinking they're taking the Harry Osborn approach like that God awfully annoying Ultimate Spider-Man animated show.

I saw what one user either on here or Reddit addressed about the head to body, mostly concerning the "static" expression head, that jaw line doesn't look unique & pretty much spells generic figure. Not to mention the rest of the same head seems how do I put it not alien like, not matching up with the same vibe the roaring one is giving off. It's like they tried to shoehorn classic Venom with a modern day looking Venom when this isn't the same classic Venom!

So while size I can get by cause like I said in a reply to someone else, I'm familiar with Mac Gargan so size is nothing new to me, but I'm not going to automatically say "sublime figure! Amazing! Perfect! They did it right!" Critiquing is surely needed as there are noticeable edits that should be made. Especially when you consider the price of these things even with his being actually decently priced given the size. I expected larger since you know Carnage's release.

I've been assuming this thing's body is like the previous Venoms (only more massive), i.e. a thick slab of rubbery material cast around an interior skeleton. But do we think there's any chance that it's more like the HT Hulk & Thanos figures, and they've hollowed it out somewhat to save on material, weight and cost? The legs seem too skinny for that to be the case, but perhaps the upper torso & arms? As it stands this thing will not only be large but very heavy, and that combination will result in hefty shipping charges. Sideshow estimates $22-$23 to ship it to me in Michigan which sounds absurdly low. It also lists the shipping weight as 10 lbs., which coincidentally is the same as the previous 15" tall Venom. Obviously that's not the case if it's designed like the previous versions. Anyone who has ordered from Sideshow should probably expect to see a significant increase to their shipping charge.

He looks awesome in that display. Pre-ordered yesterday!
This one is going to be a LONG wait for, lol.
No brainer looks epic! Glad I got the 2.0, black suit and venom. No miles for me

Attachments

• IMG_9535.jpeg
    IMG_9535.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9539.png
    IMG_9539.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9540.jpeg
    IMG_9540.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9537.png
    IMG_9537.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Pre-ordered with SS. I also bought the game in the morning before heading to work. Hopefully it downloads and when I get home it's ready to play. Very excited for this line my waitlist for miles hasn't converted either.

I'm not sure I can handle 20 inches of Venom, I don't think it would fit, but somehow I just know he'll force his way inside.
Sweet lord …

Well when half the people in here are saying they're ready to take all 21 inches of Venom, what do you expect? 😂

I'm not going to be buying this figure on the aftermarket, that's for sure.

glad everyone is enjoying this wet looking, veiny, 21 inch piece of plastic and silicone that may or may not look like it has cum on it:moon

Deluxe exclusive for select markets:

Sounds like the Venom my wife keeps in her closet. Only difference is her's is the white Anti-Venom.

Fox Tv GIF by BH90210
nicksplat doug GIF

giphy.gif

Back