1/6 Hot Toys - Loki - Classic Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1648728690824.png

Hot Toys gonna Hot Toy

No dog in this race, but yeah ... it's like HT took a neutral or near-neutral model of the sculpt, made it smile but didn't alter the rest of the face ... or not by much anyway. I still really like it and it shows how great vintage comic iterations of these characters could be. As long as they don't embellish them or inexplicably cover them in clear plastic parts.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but think the HT blows the SooSoo Toys version out of the water in the sculpt department. Looks really fantastic. Cup removal is pretty odd, though.

The Hot Toys sculpts look way more like the actor and the neutral sculpt is way better but yeah as others have said the expression on the SooSoo Toys grinning head is superior because Hot Toys didnā€™t make the eyes go with the mouth. So he comes across like ā€œHide the Pain Haroldā€ meme.

69D25312-46A8-4A42-9110-49A29679305A.jpeg

This is the first time Iā€™ve seen a third companyā€™s work blow Hot Toys away.

Soosoo has the better expression, better articulation with the ankle joints, better costuming with the forearm gauntlets and cape and possibly better accessories with the included goblet. And with a lower price.

Just when I thought DCā€™s gun ban was the most ridiculous thing to affect toys. Now cups? Itā€™s not like Disney doesnā€™t sell alcohol in their own parksā€¦ weird.

I bet HT doesnā€™t even bothering lowering the price dispite not including that accessory now.
You can't have guns, drinks or cigarettes with your figures, because the children may get the wrong impression....:rolleyes:

Looks like Sideshow didnā€™t get the memo. Lots of pics with the cup on their site but not listed in the accessories oddly enough. $285

So after all that work, SooSoo wins because of a cup :duh
Well HT has a duffel bag. Lol!

Looking at it, it's no coincidence that the accessories and even the green effects that HT included are so similar to what Soosoo offered. That release really got to them. I do wonder how many will stick to Soosoo given theirs is pretty decent and cost less.

With shipping and tax this is over $100 more than the Soosoo version

Well HT has a duffel bag. Lol!

Looking at it, it's no coincidence that the accessories and even the green effects that HT included are so similar to what Soosoo offered. That release really got to them. I do wonder how many will stick to Soosoo given theirs is pretty decent and cost less.
Yeah Hot Toys matched them piece for piece and then went above and beyond. Real kick in the teeth from Disney to make them take out the chalice which puts them at a slight disadvantage; what a silly rule.

Comparing the two, I think the actor likeness very clearly goes to Hot Toys - the SooSoo figure just looks like a generic old man now by comparison. The fit and finish of everything clearly goes to Hot Toys; the weathering on the costume and cape, the paintwork on the accessories, and especially the gold and pitting on the helmet.

1648738734070.png

Advantages for SooSoo is that it costs like 1/3 less because it's a stolen property and stolen actor's likeness, has ankle articulation and double-jointed elbows which the Hot Toys figure appears to not have (honestly how many pennies can that really save them?).

The grinning face on Hot Toys figure works really well when his head is titled down, too. Not so much when they've got him looking up.

1648738639883.png

Last edited:
I remember from my old job working with Disney approvals that we couldn't even have the IMPLICATION a character was drinking alcohol. I think it was Fat Thor...and there couldn't be anything that even suggested he was drinking a beer. Funny given how much he does it on screen, but I digress.
Makes me wonder how Fennec with her jug of spotcha slipped past. Maybe it's more specifically a Marvel thing than a Disney thing.

Back