1/6 Hot Toys - Loki - Classic Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And their Jack Sparrows came with a jug of… something. I wonder if it is a marvel thing? I can’t recall any of them coming with something. I think the mark IV might have come with a coffee mug with the donut but I can think of any potentially alcoholic drinks off hand.

That picture of Loki flopped on the sofa with his cup and expression was my favorite picture... funny enough, it is no more.

No smoking, no drinking, no shooting... soon no slapping. Any character that slapped someone will be cancelled.

That picture of Loki flopped on the sofa with his cup and expression was my favorite picture... funny enough, it is no more.

No smoking, no drinking, no shooting... soon no slapping. Any character that slapped someone will be cancelled.
OH NO!

HCpRfPT.png
xELkZAO.jpg
41BICGX.jpg

The Pimpslap is one of Doom's most characteristic moves!

Weird license choices aside this figure looks great. I just wish it was something else. These niche characters Hot Toys are making lately I feel won’t hold up over time like a classic character would.

Disney with their choice to remove a drinking cup has me concerned. Especially since they own many of the franchises I like. What’s next.. Indy without a whip? Dutch without the M16? No red blood on their figures? Yikes..

Last edited:
Yeah it's just baffling. I can totally understand not including certain items with toys that kids can buy at a Walmart or Target, but there should definitely be exceptions made for high-end collectibles that only people over 30 can really afford to buy.
Yeah, it would be great if somebody could talk some sense into Disney and more-so DC with regards to their rules for depictions of children toys needlessly extending to adult collectibles.

I heard the soundtrack and sound effects of Batman '66 when I saw these panels. Does he have his own dance too? "Walking the Doom" maybe?
He has his own songs, of sorts.

v2m03lhoijz41.jpg

I can't imagine Doom liking the Beatles in any way, so I just chalk it up to faulty Doombots. They're handy with pieces of canon I don't like... Either way, he could've been a fun guy, if only the accursed normies had invited him to parties!

fantastic-four-roast-2.jpg

What zero tail does to a lad...

PS: I never got the thing with drinking. Here you start tasting wine by 12 or so. It's all about balance. I hope the movie scenes where the parents go "REEEEEEEEEE U R 20, 11 MONTHS AND 29 DAYS, NO BEER FOR U REEEEEEEEE" are merely fictional and do not happen IRL...

Considering Hollywood spent 100 years telling us it's ok for women to slap men I am ok with that being canceled.

Last edited:
I don’t know why they can’t just slap (oops poor choice of words) an 18+ sticker on the box plastic bag with something like “Alcoholic themes”.
I mean toys do generally have an age recommendations on them, not unlike movies or video games. Primarily for safety or difficulty levels but they are there. It’s crazy to think a giant company like Disney would really need that explained to them that clearly children aren’t purchasing these. Heck, have the chalice empty. A cup is just a cup. I don’t need simulated liquid to be in it. It’s just so puzzling. Walking through Avengers academy in Anaheim, a kid would be far more likely be exposed to actual alcohol related issues from all the beer sold in California Adventure. It’s that weird double standard I don’t understand.

Queen Studios was pretty clear about the DC gun ban not being applicable to high end collectibles.

I wonder if the name Hot "Toys" is what's biting them in the butt here. Sort of like the old ToyBiz case where they tried to label X-Men toys as non-human characters because the import tax would be smaller. If Sideshow calls these things toys when they import them for tax reasons, they're subject to rules put in place for toys, not "high end collectibles."

Sideshow used to be called ‘Sideshow Toy’ before they changed to Sideshow Collectibles. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? Hot Collectibles doesn’t have the same ring to it. A brand name change at this stage would be odd. Just ask Facebook or whatever it’s trying to go by these days :lol

Back