1/6 Hot Toys - Loki - Classic Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The page on Sideshow this morning and now. :lol

Attachments

• BD0095C4-F388-4B65-9494-33D0BCCA8036.jpeg
    BD0095C4-F388-4B65-9494-33D0BCCA8036.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 76C4E1BC-9E08-48B6-871E-4A9F1AEE5F03.jpeg
    76C4E1BC-9E08-48B6-871E-4A9F1AEE5F03.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 111
Queen Studios was pretty clear about the DC gun ban not being applicable to high end collectibles.

I wonder if the name Hot "Toys" is what's biting them in the butt here. Sort of like the old ToyBiz case where they tried to label X-Men toys as non-human characters because the import tax would be smaller. If Sideshow calls these things toys when they import them for tax reasons, they're subject to rules put in place for toys, not "high end collectibles."
Interesting theory but unlike import taxes, this isn’t a government law - it’s just Disney and DC setting rules for themselves.

Yep. Funny right?

No cups. Slapping Chris Rock is OK... but no cups!
Man, I don’t think Smith got pre-clearance from Disney’s merchandise department to slap Rock.

Last edited:
Whats with the cup-gate?
This is all of the information we have:
The only reason we even know about it is because Hot Toys and then Sideshow initially released promotional images that included the cup, then later the same day replaced them with images that had the cup photoshopped out of every image. I suspect that given the quick turnaround time (and that Photoshopping those images would be no swift task), Hot Toys did in fact already know the cup could not be included and had already removed it, but released the original images anyhow by mistake.

Man I would hate to work in Disney’s legal department. Oops the wrong version of Falcon and Winter Soldier. Oops why did they include the cup. Oops why is Pam and Tommy rated G.

Queen Studios was pretty clear about the DC gun ban not being applicable to high end collectibles.

I wonder if the name Hot "Toys" is what's biting them in the butt here. Sort of like the old ToyBiz case where they tried to label X-Men toys as non-human characters because the import tax would be smaller. If Sideshow calls these things toys when they import them for tax reasons, they're subject to rules put in place for toys, not "high end collectibles."
mmdcmt-05ex_a12_1.jpg

Queen Studios is the only one I've ever heard that said about, since it seems to have definitely applied to Hot Toys and Prime1. They had to blur the guns on this statue above, but most other companies are just omitting them entirely.

Like this just announced Bloodsport statue:

Prime-1-Bloodsport-002.jpg

No gun!

Yep, they killed this one. Outside of the missing cup, no complaints here!
The whole Loki line turned out great... just kills me that we won't get a Mobius from Hot Toys.

Ok... maybe ONE more complaint. WTF is happening with this box? You can make a figure of the guy but not use his photo??

8fa73d_2c4dfc6c9bbc4c048583f68fc015a82c~mv2.jpg

Last edited:
Back