1/6 Hot Toys - Loki - Classic Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
JcmCVSc.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly surprised they're doing him. I think I'll stick with SooSooToys on this one.

I'm really not sure what more Hot Toys has to offer here over them at the price they're gonna charge for this, which will probably be around $280 compared to $180 from SST. Not to mention Hot Toys version is gonna release in 2024 with their current release schedule.

Hot Toys probably won't even include a second sculpt with their version.

JNQ364F.jpg

azHArZQ.jpg

Last edited:
Unsurprising, soon as they went after Soosoo this was a given.

Honestly surprised they're doing him. I think I'll stick with SooSooToys on this one.

I'm really not sure what more Hot Toys has to offer here over them at the price they're gonna charge for this, which will probably be around $280 compared to $180 from SST. Not to mention Hot Toys version is gonna release in 2024 with their current release schedule.
Completely agree, the head sculpt would have to be beyond perfect in order to be considered an "improvement" in any way.
There isn't much of anything they could offer that the SooSootoys already isn't ( Maybe the throne he sits on?)
and as you rightly say HT would charge nearly twice as much and would take at least 3 times as long to deliver a similar product.
That is if they ever get round to doing him at all....

Naturally though this slight teaser will have the usual HT loyalists decrying the SoosooToys version as inferior already (despite not seeing the HT in any real detail). Can't fault their enthusiasm, but I do sometimes wish they embraced the concept of healthy competition.

Completely agree, the head sculpt would have to be beyond perfect in order to be considered an "improvement" in any way.
There isn't much of anything they could offer that the SooSootoys already isn't ( Maybe the throne he sits on?)
and as you rightly say HT would charge nearly twice as much and would take at least 3 times as long to deliver a similar product.
That is if they ever get round to doing him at all....

Naturally though this slight teaser will have the usual HT loyalists decrying the SoosooToys version as inferior already (despite not seeing the HT in any real detail). Can't fault their enthusiasm, but I do sometimes wish they embraced the concept of healthy competition.
Nine times out of ten licensed will beat unlicensed, simply because it's an official product, and ten times out of ten Hot Toys will beat third parties, because it's Hot Toys.

Collectors complain about Hot Toys but the truth is they're still the best in the field, however Hot Toys are aware of one thing, third parties are catching up to them fast, and a few are already doing some things better than them, hell not just third parties but other official companies as well, they're feeling the pressure and they're going to start putting out some unexpected figures, but also start being more agressive torwards third parties, interesting times ahead.

I hope Soosoo toys still end up being the better one just to stick it to HT.

Hot toys mad that other companies doing the job they are not doing.

Already ordered the SooSoo version. It would have to be significantly better for me to order at a higher price.

Awesome!

Sure, SooSooToys one might be decent and less pricey but I am a sucker for officially licensed figures.

I'm pretty surprised HT is producing this figure considering all of the better options out there (which are too many to list).
While the character was certainly a fun bit in the series, taken out of context he just looks like a middle aged cosplayer. I suppose it's possible Old Loki may return sometime down the road, otherwise I can't imagine them getting much mileage out of a Richard E. Grant head sculpt.
The SooSoo offering looks pretty top notch IMO, so Hot Toys would really have to pull off something special to justify a $100 or so higher price tag. Right now, I'm not planning to get either of these, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toys is simply trying to step on SooSoo's air hose. It will be interesting to see if it actually goes up for order.

I mean we are still waiting for Zemo to get officially announced for order, right? I think 3rd party companies are forcing hot toys to put out figures they kind of keep on the back burner to snatch up that revenue.

I'm pretty surprised HT is producing this figure considering all of the better options out there (which are too many to list).
While the character was certainly a fun bit in the series, taken out of context he just looks like a middle aged cosplayer. I suppose it's possible Old Loki may return sometime down the road, otherwise I can't imagine them getting much mileage out of a Richard E. Grant head sculpt.
The SooSoo offering looks pretty top notch IMO, so Hot Toys would really have to pull off something special to justify a $100 or so higher price tag. Right now, I'm not planning to get either of these, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Toys is simply trying to step on SooSoo's air hose. It will be interesting to see if it actually goes up for order.
I doubt Hot Toys are too concerned about third parties, their version of any figure will likely vastly outsell any third party figure simply because it’s official.

I could buy the ToysEra Green Goblin and Doc Ock, but why would I when there’s the possibility of a HT version? Especially with the hype surrounding No Way Home.

Back