1/6 Hot Toys - Loki - Classic Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt Hot Toys are too concerned about third parties, their version of any figure will likely vastly outsell any third party figure simply because it’s official.

I could buy the ToysEra Green Goblin and Doc Ock, but why would I when there’s the possibility of a HT version? Especially with the hype surrounding No Way Home.

Because they are very good figures at a reasonable price. And honesty the materials, especially the green goblin, are actual rubber...so should stand the test of time. HT figure look really good, but the material, especially on some of mine, have issues.

I totally get waiting, but for me, the ToysERA GG is better than some of my HT, which is quite remarkable. It is objectively a good figure.

I doubt Hot Toys are too concerned about third parties, their version of any figure will likely vastly outsell any third party figure simply because it’s official.

I could buy the ToysEra Green Goblin and Doc Ock, but why would I when there’s the possibility of a HT version? Especially with the hype surrounding No Way Home.
I don’t know how large a run the SooSoo’s Classic Loki is getting but let’s put it on par with their Cajun Card Dealer (Gambit) at 450 units worldwide and assume that all of those get bought by people who now will not buy the HT figure.
Being optimistic, HT’s Loki will cost $250.
Thats $112,500 lost to an unofficial product… And if there’s one thing we know about HT for certain- they want our money. All of it.

It’s most likely a much lower number- as there’s no way this Loki is as popular as Gambit and people don’t need much incentive to ditch a Sideshow product compared to those who will jump to HT just because it’s HT- but, at the prices Hot Toys are charging these days, sales lost to other companies start adding up to a notable sum fast.

Last edited:
Great to see 3rd party companies forcing HT's hand. I imagine this Classic Loki will come with many accessories and 2 headsculpts. When push comes to shove, HT has shown they are willing to DX a release. Case and point: Into The Spider-Verse Miles Morales.

At some point, I can see this 1/6 scale area being similar to the Transformers toy scene where 3rd parties will produce stuff that outshine the official products at the fraction of the cost. HT will still have their outstanding products but it's not gonna be in a way of forcing them to announce/release their version but to a point it can be unquestionable that the 3P version is superior to theirs.

Their choices are truly baffling. Why on earth would they make a minor character variant that a third party company is already making, but not make Zemo who is a very popular villain? I hope we get all five villains from NWH after this.

Their choices are truly baffling. Why on earth would they make a minor character variant that a third party company is already making, but not make Zemo who is a very popular villain? I hope we get all five villains from NWH after this.
Because hot toys have made villains before that didnt sell well compared to heroes. While zemo maybe popular on this board, I dont know how popular he is overall.

Because hot toys have made villains before that didnt sell well compared to heroes. While zemo maybe popular on this board, I dont know how popular he is overall.
I don't mean on this board, i mean in general he has a lot of fans. People loved him in FATWS. How popular is Classic Loki? Nowhere near as popular as Zemo, i know that for sure.

I don't mean on this board, i mean in general he has a lot of fans. People loved him in FATWS. How popular is Classic Loki? Nowhere near as popular as Zemo, i know that for sure.
Cause all you seen was this Zemo gif for weeks across all social media:

giphy.gif

Someone mentioned there was an extended cut and days later they released it cause of all the fans.

I mean we are still waiting for Zemo to get officially announced for order, right? I think 3rd party companies are forcing hot toys to put out figures they kind of keep on the back burner to snatch up that revenue.

Still waiting for Zemo. I'm actually surprised a 3rd party company hasn't done one. Seems pretty easy since its just a mask.

By my twisted logic we seem to be getting around 3-4 figures per live action Marvel show, so there has to be at least one more from FAWS (Zemo and/or Falcon) and Hawkeye will be something like Clint, Kate and possibly Echo? Loki is now at 4 with this one.

By my twisted logic we seem to be getting around 3-4 figures per live action Marvel show, so there has to be at least one more from FAWS (Zemo and/or Falcon) and Hawkeye will be something like Clint, Kate and possibly Echo? Loki is now at 4 with this one.
This is purely based on the popularity of the show and its character. From one show we can have 6 figures and from another only 1.

This is purely based on the popularity of the show and its character. From one show we can have 6 figures and from another only 1.
Oh yes true true I’m just trying to will Zemo and Kate into existence. We could easily have no figures from something and a billion Spider-Man’s from one movie :)

Back