1/6 Hot Toys + HONO - Marvels X-Men - Classic Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instant preorder for me. I'll still get the Deadpool 3 Logan, but this looks great and is a steal.

Price feels almost too good to be true but I’ll take it. Wonder how much he’ll be at OSK.
Also just a thought: I still think Hottoys will release X men 97 specific figures when the show releases on disney +, including Wolverine.
wouldn’t really make sense to given Hono is a subdivision of Hot Toys. But we won’t know until the time comes.
I actually prefer the Sideshow stylistic choices regarding the mask and claws. But obviously, the HT one blows the SSC one out of the water.
I actually do like many of the choices Sideshow made with their Wolverine. I even like the head, I just don’t like the mouth sculpt they put on there nor their body choice. I really wonder if putting the HT body on the SS figure will improve it at all.
sad to see hes 11.2 inches, accurate scale would be 10.5-10.7 with the ears
That 11.2” might by to the top of the ears . So he’s probably accurate height if you measure to the top of his head

Description of Hono Studio
1702072186869.png

For $160 this seems like a no brainer. For the lower price point it looks great to me. Now I hesitate to order the third party animated Batman in case Hono/Hot Toys makes one.

I dunno, a clone trooper is just some moulded plastic over a bodysuit and they’re like $100 more than this without a headsculpt.
Yeah, pricing on things like Troopers has gotten out of hand. Hot Toys could have easily kept the ones without sculpts under $200.

It feels like the only reason they’re priced higher is due to the Hot Toys branding and not wanting certain figures perceived as “cheap”.

The recent comic Iron Man and upcoming comic Spider-Man also feel like they should have been under this Hono brand.

I'm kind of disappointed it isn't at the $120-$130 price point that was speculated. I know, I know that wasn't a realistic price, but it was at one point. One hundred sixty is great, but I would have cried at $120.
Proud Emma Stone GIF

I dunno, a clone trooper is just some moulded plastic over a bodysuit and they’re like $100 more than this without a headsculpt.
I think this is intended to be a third party killer because as you say even a Trooper like the new Captain Rex these days is going for $260 with no HS.

If HT wasn't setting out with bad intentions toward third party competitors like Soosoo and Present Toys, this would be priced at a minimum of $230.

For $160 this seems like a no brainer. For the lower price point it looks great to me. Now I hesitate to order the third party animated Batman in case Hono/Hot Toys makes one.
Howard thanks you for your support 😆

Yeah guys, I don’t have any figures from “animated” collections but this looks pretty badass to me.

I also don’t love that the claws are so long, but I guess that exaggerated feature makes sense for this particular figure. I love the classic costume and the overall look of this!!

Last edited:
Back