1/6 Hot Toys - Eternals - Gilgamesh Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought he was one of the more likable characters in the movie, but the design isn't going to really pop on the shelf, he was a secondary member of a much larger group who probably won't all get figures, and frankly his performance wasn't extremely mind-blowing and memorable. It does seem like an odd choice when we never got, say, C-3PO or Romero Joker. . .though perhaps there is interest in the Asian market for a figure of a non-European character.

4BJ7.gif

Maybe they just don't take advice from people who don't run hot toys business.

Let hot toys worry about what makes good business sense for them. I mean they have been in this business for years unlike the experts here.
You mean how they tease figures to the public without releasing them? There are plenty of examples to choose from and Gilgamesh might be the latest. That Classic Loki from December then nothing for months. Zemo/Nightwing on display? Nothing. Can't say that's good business.

Loved Eternals! But after finally seeing it in February, thought the same thing when it was first announced: why bring them forth in the MCU? Still doesn't seem like a fit in all this (to me).

A couple of random thoughts:
Maybe they are holding off Wong for Dr Strange 2?
Maybe the likeness rights were cheaper?
The guy is pretty popular in South Korea i believe.
He will make a good partner with Thena.
They are actually doing a figure that people swore they would not do, an outlier character.

Gilgamesh is probably one of the most liked character from this movie. Most of the people that talk about it mention him above all the rest. Makes "sense" that Hot Toys would do him. Don't care for this figure at all personally but it's not crazy to see why they made him. Goes well with Jolie figure and then they can dump this line to die.

Nearly everyone was drab as ****. Gilgamesh was probably the most entertaining one. Did not care for the "main" characters at all.

So which third party company was about to drop a Gilgamesh figure? :lol

I'm surprised they're making any figures from the movie at all. I guess pre-orders for Thena over there must've been okay. Really hard to imagine them expanding the line much more though.

Kind of weird to see this but not NWH Tobey and Andrew.

So a stand, a few hands and a couple of weird plastic gauntlets? This should be under $220 but it won’t. It’s a pass regardless of what the sculpt looks like. Should have been Wong.

They nailed that sculpt, fantastic job.

Just not for me, everyone is asking for Spidey and Batman figures and they give us Gilgamesh from Eternals lol

They look great posed together.

The sculpt is incredible. I’ll just stick my Thena figure though.

Last edited:
They can turn out a good product if they wanted to as seen by this. Too bad they didn't try with Peacemaker.

Back