1/6 Hot Toys - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padmé Amidala

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DBBE8A95-2478-4EE6-982F-83A880A9BA92.jpeg

There was a time I would have accepted the original prototype because I wanted a Padme representation that badly. I am so impressed with the improvement.

View attachment 612553View attachment 612554View attachment 612555View attachment 612557View attachment 612558View attachment 612559
View attachment 612552
Just some comparisons I made based off some pictures from the original photoshoot. For me it’s definitely not a 10/10 based on the pictures we currently have, BUT there are some angles, and some placements of the eyes that have me extremely impressed. Especially that second comparison. Weirdly for me this is almost a sculpt that looks better the closer you get to it. A couple of the further away ones hide the likeness (like the fourth comparison, which I think looks off partly due to lighting and quality). But this is far and away immensely better than that 2019 con sculpt, and for that I’m thrilled. Maybe I’m easily pleased here, but my expectations have been far surpassed. Some of these shots are absolutely far better than I could have ever hoped for.
The first comparison pic id say no...
All other pics are near spot on to Portman.
This is way better than the Con proto AND the SSC Snowbunny version!!!
No brainer order for me!!

But the Thor sculpt hasn't been shown yet.
A good portion of it has with the damaged helmet. Marvel approval must take longer than Lucasfilm, or maybe they used the Padme head as placeholder for Mighty Thor and that's why the full reveal wasn't shown because they're going to change it later on.

I'm getting it and i don't even collect the line :D
I wish I could afford to reward the high standards I see with these two figures (and also that She-Hulk figure) with a purchase - just by virtue of how nicely done I think they are - but I just can't surrender the money or the space for films/shows I didn't like.

I don't love this head sculpt. It is an ultra detailed female head sculpt that resembles Natalie Portman in her thirties (from some angles it is uncanny) but it doesn't look like her from AOTC in my opinion. I also don't love the expression. I don't want judgemental Padme looking at me from the shelf haha.

You might think I am crazy but I prefer the original sculpt for expression and youthful appearance. I'm not a fan of PERS either.

I mean of course I will buy the figure. Padme in this outfit was very influential on me as a young padawan.

Back