1/6 Hot Toys - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padmé Amidala

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
319058908_2930749417231427_3425882134438965175_n.jpg

Bmsm8AY.jpeg

Beautiful! Immediately preordered. I’m not sure if it’s the lighting, but in some photos she looks a bit like Winona Ryder.

Why did they do the lines on her chest yellowish.
Anyway, I think the pants are not baggy enough. So, I edited it.

Attachments

• 8 new.jpg
    8 new.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 0
I’m not big into Star Wars but will admit it’s a beautiful figure. I was surprised to see so many photos as there aren’t any at Sideshow… at least not when I looked this morning. Kinda laughed at the release date. I think I’ll wait till next year to pre-order. No need to give them money now with a 2024 release date.. Lol. Hot Toys needs to step up their game.. It wouldn’t surprise me to see it delayed for a year either.
“Pre-Order Now!” Release date “January to June 2024”! ROFL~ B.S. and I’ll bet $20 it’s delayed at least 6 months. Any takers!?

I don't love this head sculpt. It is an ultra detailed female head sculpt that resembles Natalie Portman in her thirties (from some angles it is uncanny) but it doesn't look like her from AOTC in my opinion. I also don't love the expression. I don't want judgemental Padme looking at me from the shelf haha.

You might think I am crazy but I prefer the original sculpt for expression and youthful appearance. I'm not a fan of PERS either.

I mean of course I will buy the figure. Padme in this outfit was very influential on me as a young padawan.
Yeah I do think the general shape of the face was more accurate on the early proto. The current one looks too long, which is what is giving her that much older appearance.

And given I only somewhat see Portman in this now, I wonder how much more likeness will be lost with the final product...

The cheeks look a bit too plump to me, but despite portman being instantly recognizable, she's a difficult likeness to catch. I think they did pretty well.
The head/neck is a rough transition. I think keeping the neck a separate piece is the right call for articulation's sake broadly speaking, but in cases like this i wish ht would use the neck+neck combo.

Pleased for those of you who have been wanting this for years, both figures look really nice. I feel she's kind of expensive for the accessories she comes with, but that's First World Problems.

Looks great tho.

Not sure if it's the body or the tailoring that makes everything below the neck look toyish and stiff.

She is an 8 out of 10. Anakin is a 10 out of 10. No brainer if getting one, to get the other.

One question: Are people still pre-ordering Hot Toys figures? Unless a truly limited edition, I don't see the point with Hot Toys.

She is an 8 out of 10. Anakin is a 10 out of 10. No brainer if getting one, to get the other.

One question: Are people still pre-ordering Hot Toys figures? Unless a truly limited edition, I don't see the point with Hot Toys.
I reckon it might be around 50-50 atm re preordering. I used to PO HT and completely stopped around 12m ago. Didn’t see the point when they became significantly cheaper after release. The only exception I made was for Inart for obvious reasons.

Looking at all the holiday sales this year, it's pretty clear that whenever this is released, it will be available for quite some time

Back