1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posed her up with Big Chap. Very impressed and happy to finally have this figure.

Fingers crossed for '86 Ripley/Power Loader comes out soon, let alone a tease for a Queen.

DNgY922UIAA-3lq.jpg

DNgY921V4AEKA1b.jpg

I'm eager to acquire one.

It's funny, most guys here probably can't imagine that there was no Aliens & Robots section at one time. That original super thread was a lot of fun.

Well, after half a MILLIOM posts, Dave had to do something. Proud to have been part of it!

BTW Guys, you don't need to pull the head too far up, I've seen some goose-necking on some figures, simply pull the head up a bit and you'll get the desired effect (longer neck) without compromising head articulation. :wink1:

Last edited:
Here's my current set up. I'm going to put together a temporary diorama. My 3D files are ready but it's turned out to be very costly. Around £300. Yikes!!

But here is my set up at the moment:

3826543a6199081a85e591d65dc37c0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I just received mine today from BBTS, haven't gotten a chance to open it yet but all these pics and great poses are getting me excited about setting this up! It's been a long time in coming that's for sure. I just got the Iron Studios 1/4 scale Vader the other day and that's been a lot of fun to get set up, but definitely looking forward to cracking this open!

Posi! me choco tambien ver a un paisano por estos lares ;)

Con el cambio de hora es imposible tener una conversación con los americanos, jajajaja. :lol

Pues sí, suelo pasarme mucho por estos foros... desde que me hice adicto a estas puñeteras Hot Toys... :slap:lol

I have seven Detolfs in a row in my display room. Usually when I receive a new figure it fights to be at the center as it is the latest and I want to show it off. My Ripley is displayed at the farthest end against the wall in the less traffic/darker lighting in my display room. I am very happy to have Ripley in my collection but, she was no where close to competing with what I already have on center stage. Again love the figure but not in the same caliber of DX13, DX Joker, Jack Sparrow, BD Robocop, Nicholson Joker etc.

I am simply saying that this figure is not at the same caliber (in sculpt) as other in my collection. Just because it’s the latest does not mean it’s the best. I am thrilled that Ripley is part of my collection, I would’t spend $300 of an item I didn’t like (that would be silly).

Do any of you think she will sell enough to get HT to continue with the Aliens Ripley and the Power Loader ? Or just Ripley on her own with the pulse rifle / flamethrower combo gun ? Seems she is getting enough positive feedback now that they'd have to think its worth a shot at continuing.

They never previewed an updated standalone Ripley, so that's unlikely. I don't think the market for a new PL is very big. People who wanted it, bought the 1st issue and newcomers see it as pointless without a Queen to go with it. I think any new Alien figures will be unlicensed ones, such as the Mr Robot (Bishop) that's been announced.

The biggest problem with the old PL, was Ripley's headsculpt. We've already seen someone upgrade it, using the new Ripley head. If a KO Ripley head appears, a lot of current PL owners will do the same. I know i will. A lot cheaper than buying a whole new loader.

I really hope that the new version of big chap will come next.
+1 absolutely! Even though in a lot of ways I prefer the warrior look (I saw Aliens many years before I saw Alien), the recent release seems pretty poor given the reports of rotting rubber and bad operability - HT have an opportunity to release an updated BC as a companion piece to this figure which will hopefully fix those issues...

Time to play some Alien Isolation with Ripley lol
a9de907789b68a104a99cd4773302298.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back