1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The demand for flavour of the month figures (spiderman/iron man etc) drops off quickly as opposed to classic licenses where demand doesn't tend to fluctuate so heavily. They will constantly prioritise figures to coincide with or just after film releases to maximise revenue. However this leaves us waiting...and waiting...and waiting. :(

This is the best thing I have seen...

20525532_851250865027775_7590078187569800430_n.jpg

It might be the lighting, angle, w/e, but I swear that's not the endo skull on the 1/4 we actually got. Head looks slightly wider.

Yeah. It's not a great picture but I have a suspicion that head is better than what we got.

yep, that was one of my first reactions to that photo. but lots of missing hoses and hydraulic, including the neck/face area, might cause that effect, making it look strange.

You guys are right. The head on the 1/4 is completely different. It's easily noticeable that the entire jaw and teeth are different, but, also, the forehead/top of the skull was stretched vertically to be more in line with the T2 skull. The T1 skull was a bit shorter and rounder.

Also, I'm almost 100% sure that 1/6 "prototype" is simply the first release endo just chromed and with a head photoshopped on. It looks more like the T1 rod puppet because the original release endo, I believe, was made using some T1 reference, and the T1 endos had several small differences. A big one being a slightly smaller, more rounded chest piece. The T2 endos had a slightly more hard edge to them.

Also, I'm almost 100% sure that 1/6 "prototype" is simply the first release endo just chromed and with a head photoshopped on.
look at the pelvis hydraulics joints. they are double joints like on 1/4 skeleton, allowing more movement freedom. movie skeleton didn't have them, and old 1/6 didn't.
they had to photoshop them, too.

LpWVhHy.jpg

Tell them to release it so we can see for ourselves, and you can definitively prove me wrong.

If only it was that easy. Have to make do with the Gynysysysys unnecessary design overhaul edition that's apparently scaled to be 8ft tall :monkey2

Tell them to release it so we can see for ourselves, and you can definitively prove me wrong.
i really hope it's a joke that i don't get (as in 90% of cases). different pelvis cylinders joints are perfectly seen on that photo.

review_ghtendo_1.jpg

LpWVhHy.jpg

unless it is a completely photoshopped photo of 1/4, just scaled. which i don't believe, because other details are different as well. for example, that big "crater on hips - it's deeper than either on old skeletons or on 1/4.
or the belly shield piece that has different details pattern than the old skeleton had.
so my idea is that it's definitely not the old figure and almost sure not the 1/4 scaled photo.

i really hope it's a joke that i don't get (as in 90% of cases). different joints are perfectly seen on that photo.
unless it is a completely photoshopped photo of 1/4, just scaled.

It was definitely a joke. I saw the extra joints. I still believe it's just a slightly modified original release. The whole picture never quite sat right with me though. Always looked like a trick to get people excited. Much like the teaser of RoboCop 2 Cain that was actually just a cardboard cutout.

I don't think they ever were making a new 1/6 Endo, and I think they just quickly threw that thing together with old parts and some photoshop.

It was definitely a joke. I saw the extra joints.
phew!
i felt bad enough from that Wolf thread with zombie-blind fanboys in it.
and yes i understand that it might never be released. i don't hope for it. but i never thought it could be a photoshop before. now i almost see that even the shadow is going in a wrong direction.

This is the best thing I have seen...

View attachment 357753

:lol I still think that Luke sculpt is a complete miss.

You guys are right. The head on the 1/4 is completely different. It's easily noticeable that the entire jaw and teeth are different, but, also, the forehead/top of the skull was stretched vertically to be more in line with the T2 skull. The T1 skull was a bit shorter and rounder.

Also, I'm almost 100% sure that 1/6 "prototype" is simply the first release endo just chromed and with a head photoshopped on. It looks more like the T1 rod puppet because the original release endo, I believe, was made using some T1 reference, and the T1 endos had several small differences. A big one being a slightly smaller, more rounded chest piece. The T2 endos had a slightly more hard edge to them.

It's dem cheekbones. I don't have it in front of me and frankly I really don't even look at it behind all my Arnies, but from what I recall, the 1/4's head width is almost he same from chin to the top of it's head.

While Sigourney was cute when she was younger, she definitely need to do squats.

It's dem cheekbones. I don't have it in front of me and frankly I really don't even look at it behind all my Arnies, but from what I recall, the 1/4's head width is almost he same from chin to the top of it's head.

That's one of the things I have on my list of things to fix. Widen the cheekbones slightly.

While Sigourney was cute when she was younger, she definitely need to do squats.

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

C'mon, she floats four feet above her covers. She barks. She drools. She claws.

I'm sure she could give a good time.

Back