1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Might be stupid again, but he has insight knowledge? ...I'm not in doubt she will out, it's just nice to get a confirmation.

No idea. Like I said he was just reading what that page was saying and thats enough for me. If it says "will be up for preorder" in other language and some1 translate it for me (I trust Holo btw), its enough. Ps: I would like to know if that "300" next to the Alien Warrior means that it will be an exclusive version or something.

No idea. Like I said he was just reading what that page was saying and thats enough for me. If it says "will be up for preorder" in other language and some1 translate it for me (I trust Holo btw), its enough. Ps: I would like to know if that "300" next to the Alien Warrior means that it will be an exclusive version or something.

Hehe ok. Thanks! ...hope the poster is valid then.

Hologram starts figure threads really really often so I've assumed in the past that there's some insider connection going on there. I don't know for sure though.

I've been told that the event will allow people to acquire both figures during that time frame of the event. Didn't ask but they either have a limited batch of figures ready to be picked up then and there or both will just be up for PO.

The announcement part was assumption on my part but it follows all their other event figures like Toy Fair.

There's a limited batch of fully produced figures sold specifically at the event -> official announcement photos pop up on their Facebook shortly after -> Goes up for PO for everyone else.

Either way we'll see more photos for both on April 26th.

That 300 figure is most likely the edition number.

If these pieces are only available during the Toy Sapiens Event, how can we order this as the Toy Sapiens website is all Japanese!

Any idea's?

Toy Sapiens isn't an online store like Sideshow or BBTS. IIRC, it works in the same way as Secret Base in Hong Kong - i.e. no online orders. So don't worry about the website being in Japanese.

Like always with these convention exclusive type figures, Hot Toys will most likely put aside a sizeable (but lower than standard) number of figures for the Western market - distribution through Sideshow.

Releasing Ripley as a limited figure would be... Insane.

Ripley is very very expected

I hope it doesn't become the wait for the Aliens version now. Where is Ripley? Where is Ripley? Pics of the Loader on every single post of HT's on Facebook.

Toy Sapiens isn't an online store like Sideshow or BBTS. IIRC, it works in the same way as Secret Base in Hong Kong - i.e. no online orders. So don't worry about the website being in Japanese.

Like always with these convention exclusive type figures, Hot Toys will most likely put aside a sizeable (but lower than standard) number of figures for the Western market - distribution through Sideshow.

Thanks for explaining that :).
The thought of missing out on this one would seriously pi** me off, especially after waiting this long, lol! :lol

ALIEN

Releasing Ripley as a limited figure would be... Insane.

and stupid.

I agree, but there's reasoning for HT to do this. They just aren't anticipating her selling well in Asia. :dunno

It's unfortunate but that's probably what will happen. These 80's releases never sell that well over there. :(

I agree, but there's reasoning for HT to do this. They just aren't anticipating her selling well in Asia. :dunno

It's unfortunate but that's probably what will happen. These 80's releases never sell that well over there. :(

But... What would that mean? That we could miss out on it? [emoji51]

I wonder if it is just a new business model HT are doing....there seem to be figures over the last couple of years that have been pegwarmers. Maybe they will do a smaller initial batch, and like some of the Star Wars figs, do more if the initial run sells out. Hard to say.

Back