1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

This is excellent news.

Mostly because I want that Ripley, but also because I love feeling AND getting!

The MUSCLE Alien figures are weird. I hope this Ripley actually goes up for order!

Took me a minute, but I get it. "Muscle Men" were great (when we were 7)! A true throw-back style item there. May be tempting from a nostalgia point of view.

Overall I take that entire ad with a grain of salt. Not criticism. Just caution. Looks awful sketchy with the spelling errors and a previously never advertised "new" alien that looks like a Photoshop compilation.

Seems pretty certain now at least we are getting the Alien Ripley. Still, surprised we have yet to hear anything on the Aliens version with the Power Loader in this same advert. Maybe they are going to see how the Alien version sells before committing to the more expensive version ?

On a related note, is that an Alien 3 Dog Alien head bust in the middle right hand side ? And what is this scanned picture of a chestburster inside the cavity ? A poster or something else ?

Looks like CoolProps will be exhibiting too.
Hopefully they will have the original Giger Head finished.

''Lifesize'' predator. Why do I get the feeling they'll have a different idea of lifesize than the rest of us.

It'll still be cool to see official pics of Rip in front of a Nostromo background. Same for the Warrior.

FlyAndFight: Howard Chan, can you hear me?

[slams his hands down on the table]

FlyAndFight: Howard?

Howard: [awakens and starts speaking in an electronic and distorted voice] Yes, I can hear

you.

FlyAndFight: What was your special order?

Howard: You read it. I thought it was clear.

FlyAndFight: What was it?

Howard: Bring back tease photo of 1/6 Ripley figure. Priority One. All other priorities

rescinded.

a-dev: The damn company. What about our collections, you son of a *****?

Howard: I repeat, all other priorities are rescinded.

FlyAndFight: How do we get it Howard? There's gotta be a way of pre-ordering it. How? How

do we do it?

Howard: You can't.

a-dev: That's ********.

Howard: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organization.

Its sculptural perfection is matched only by its hostility to the collector.

Wor-Gar: You admire it.

Howard: I admire its purity. A tease survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions

of morality.

a-dev: Look, I am... I've heard enough of this, and I'm asking you to pull the plug.

Howard: [Fly goes to disconnect Howard, who interrupts] Last word.

FlyAndFight: What?

Howard: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

FlyAndFight: Howard Chan, can you hear me?

[slams his hands down on the table]

FlyAndFight: Howard?

Howard: [awakens and starts speaking in an electronic and distorted voice] Yes, I can hear

you.

FlyAndFight: What was your special order?

Howard: You read it. I thought it was clear.

FlyAndFight: What was it?

Howard: Bring back tease photo of 1/6 Ripley figure. Priority One. All other priorities

rescinded.

a-dev: The damn company. What about our collections, you son of a *****?

Howard: I repeat, all other priorities are rescinded.

FlyAndFight: How do we get it Howard? There's gotta be a way of pre-ordering it. How? How

do we do it?

Howard: You can't.

a-dev: That's ********.

Howard: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organization.

Its sculptural perfection is matched only by its hostility to the collector.

Wor-Gar: You admire it.

Howard: I admire its purity. A tease survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions

of morality.

a-dev: Look, I am... I've heard enough of this, and I'm asking you to pull the plug.

Howard: [Fly goes to disconnect Howard, who interrupts] Last word.

FlyAndFight: What?

Howard: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

WELL DONE! :clap

I'm remaining sceptical, given Toy Sapiens is the Hot Toys Japan store, and HT Japan has a record of putting items on display (and in catalogs) that don't end up seeing release (eg Lone Ranger).

I'm remaining sceptical, given Toy Sapiens is the Hot Toys Japan store, and HT Japan has a record of putting items on display (and in catalogs) that don't end up seeing release (eg Lone Ranger).

Actually, this will be an Alien event and its already confirmed by Holo that these two will be up for pre order (and other things by other companies).

Back