1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Well, i'm outta idea's :dunno

latest

Oh, surprise me.

Couldn't resist.

Everyone knows that step one is to start a SSF poll, step 2 is to start a petition, step 3 is for HT to totally ignore it and do whatever the **** they want to. Let's not put the cart before the horse by jumping right to step 2, fellas.

I agree but i do think that if this ever comes out hot toys should include on their logo: Hot toys ''because we do whatever the **** we want to"

Everyone knows that step one is to start a SSF poll, step 2 is to start a petition, step 3 is for HT to totally ignore it and do whatever the **** they want to. Let's not put the cart before the horse by jumping right to step 2, fellas.

You cant honestly believe that Hot Toys enjoys designing and developing an entire product and not even releasing it, do you?
You cant truly believe these situations are them just doing "whatever the hell" they feel like?!

Considering the price of admission inherent in collecting these lines, I'm assuming these forums are made up almost exclusively of adult collectors which renders these comments even more disappointing.

Hot Toys is not some huge corporation, they are a relatively small company that makes a product with a very low production amount per piece and a fairly high cost investment. Additionally, their product deals exclusively with licensed properties, each of which has its own unique quirks and elements inherent to it. Xmen for example where the actors individually have a right of refusal to products based on their likeness, I.e. Why there is no Fassbender Hot Toys yet.

Basically they have to juggle all the various licensing needs with product decisions that are financially sound as they can't simply absorb easily a product that doesn't sell at their size. Am I sick somewhat of Iron Mans and Predators? Yes, however the market definitely is not and it is assinine to think a company should go against the financially sound decision.

As to their silence regarding these situations, its professional not to air contract specifics for all the world to see, possibly would violate any number of ndas or terms, and likely would endanger their ability to renew, retain or gain licenses in the future.

I want Ripley as much as the next person and HT certainly hasn't put all that work into her if they don't want to release her, its time adult collectors started having mature and adult forum discussions not based on a 12 year olds logic and maturity...

Unless of course some of you are 12..in which case I'd say go play for a bit while the adults talk big person talk.

As to their silence regarding these situations, its professional not to air contract specifics for all the world to see, possibly would violate any number of ndas or terms, and likely would endanger their ability to renew, retain or gain licenses in the future.

And yet NECA can answer questions left, right and centre on Twitter about stuff they have coming down the pipeline from this very same license. They post updates and pictures, it seems, almost every week. Why would it be one rule for NECA and another for Hot Toys? Why aren't NECA subject to the same NDAs that apparently force Hot Toys to be completely silent about anything not MCU and Star Wars. Serious question if there's a serious answer.

Last edited:

You cant honestly believe that Hot Toys enjoys designing and developing an entire product and not even releasing it, do you?
You cant truly believe these situations are them just doing "whatever the hell" they feel like?!

Considering the price of admission inherent in collecting these lines, I'm assuming these forums are made up almost exclusively of adult collectors which renders these comments even more disappointing.

Hot Toys is not some huge corporation, they are a relatively small company that makes a product with a very low production amount per piece and a fairly high cost investment. Additionally, their product deals exclusively with licensed properties, each of which has its own unique quirks and elements inherent to it. Xmen for example where the actors individually have a right of refusal to products based on their likeness, I.e. Why there is no Fassbender Hot Toys yet.

Basically they have to juggle all the various licensing needs with product decisions that are financially sound as they can't simply absorb easily a product that doesn't sell at their size. Am I sick somewhat of Iron Mans and Predators? Yes, however the market definitely is not and it is assinine to think a company should go against the financially sound decision.

I want Ripley as much as the next person and HT certainly hasn't put all that work into her if they don't want to release her, its time adult collectors started having mature and adult forum discussions not based on a 12 year olds logic and maturity...

Unless of course some of you are 12..in which case I'd say go play for a bit while the adults talk big person talk.

^^this!

agreed if hot toys haven't seen even the interest alone in this thread i don't think a few emails is gonna change their minds but on the other hand i applaud you for trying.:clap

It's not going to work but it's not going to do any harm either.

And yet NECA can answer questions left, right and centre on Twitter about stuff they have coming down the pipeline from this very same license. They post updates and pictures, it seems, almost every week. Why would it be one rule for NECA and another for Hot Toys? Why aren't NECA subject to the same NDAs that apparently force Hot Toys to be completely silent about anything not MCU and Star Wars. Serious question if there's a serious answer.

Exactly.

It's just Hot Toys and their purposeful lack of communication. Notice how they've even ceased their almost monthly and show QnAs. It's all BS. They've basically become too huge as a brand name where PR doesn't matter to them. Not too different from Hasbro or Mattel (who at least have mouthpieces for input and output about their plans). That's not to say NECA is a little indie toy company, I know they're growing, but it's becoming more and more apparent that the reason Hot Toys doesn't talk about this stuff is not because they're not allowed to by contract, but because they simply don't care to.

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

So People just get more immature the more time you spend on this forum? Is that what you mean by this? The comment you quote here is one of the more reasonable I've read lately.
I think that people have a twisted idea of how big and evil a company like HT is. Like 'they don't give a ****'. Of cause they give a ****. This hobby is very small compared to most other toy brands and reputation is everything. Lack of communication can be for many reasons. Look at ThreeZero - answers every single comment on their page and gives estimates on stuff all the time. And then because stuff is always delayed people just give them **** back. Maybe, just maybe, HT just have been in this business too long to know NEVER to promise Or commit to anything. I'm not saying that's the right thing to do, but following this hobby just for a short while does make you think that maybe it's easier just to keep your mouth shut and release stuff whenever it's ready - like having all licenses cleared (in this case likeness rights) and production ready.

Last edited:

I was merely pointing out the reality of toys' forums most of the time, but if it bothers you, just ignore 99% of the (usually) fun conversation. :dunno

If you want to contact HT and inquire about Ripley, by all means, go right ahead, knock your socks off. But a petition with a dozen signatures on it, or whatever you're planning, very likely won't yield the intended result.

I was merely pointing out the reality of toys' forums most of the time, but if it bothers you, just ignore 99% of the (usually) fun conversation. :dunno

Sorry if I was harsh on you mate... I know it's all fun and plastic. ;-)

I think we can all admit to feeling a little taunted with a very nice one-time production of Ripley's likeness by them. Plus they show off their Power Loader, which may all be with the intent of trying to measure consumer interest in unloading some steep cash on high-end collectibles from dated licenses.

Don't get me wrong, Predator is dated as well compared to Marvel's film franchise, and with Star Wars to boot HT really doesn't have a reason to rush any products that won't sell as quickly (even if they will sell out).
With releases like the Elder Pred 2.0 selling slowly and their possibly awaiting consumer response to this 1/6 Alien Girl anime-style whatever, I'm perplexed by their decisions with these licenses myself.

I will just continue not buying from their most popular licenses on principle mostly, but also to save for what I really care about. MORE ULTIMATE BADASSES. And Bugs.

Take er easy, guys and gals. My point wasn't that Hot Toys doesn't care about anyone or anything, and would kick puppies or knock old ladies down a staircase for a thrill. I mean they don't give a **** about a poll or petition. What they do is driven by one of two things: 1) cold, calculated business considerations; 2) Chan's unhealthy obsession with Johnny Depp. I've been observing their behavior long enough to know that much.

So Johnny Depp needs to be in Alien: Covenant (Prometheus 2)? In order to reignite HT's passion for the license?

Chan's unhealthy obsession with Johnny Depp. I've been observing their behavior long enough to know that much.
maxresdefault.jpg

she doesn't look like Ripley anyway, i don't know what you all are so sad about.

5e5dcfa5d4d9e61312bec3a021072685_400x400.jpeg

25D12B0800000578-0-Star_Sigourney_Weaver_who_had_the_lead_role_in_the_four_Alien_mo-m-116_1424321332461.jpg

she doesn't look like Ripley anyway, i don't know what you all are so sad about.

It's a better likeness than the nothing I have sitting on my shelf right now. I'll take something over nothing any day. Unless it's that unlicensed atrocity they released and called Ripley many years back.

Back