1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

oh I like the new Bluray covers, but these are all I need :lol
10910069-1391679925-955889.jpg

10876448-1385141525-401110.jpg

10896264-1389810741-864999.jpg

10938589-1395838085-915915.jpg

Remastered. I ordered them today and plan to sell my old ones on eBay.

So your saying they released the first bluRay without remastering them? I am just finding it hard to believe anything from the 80s gets made into a bluRay without getting remastered the first time.

Or is this a remaster of the remaster?!

Hell, I don't know, so I am not arguing, just looking for info. If anyone has the tech knowledge I'd love details.

So your saying they released the first bluRay without remastering them? I am just finding it hard to believe anything from the 80s gets made into a bluRay without getting remastered the first time.

Or is this a remaster of the remaster?!

Hell, I don't know, so I am not arguing, just looking for info. If anyone has the tech knowledge I'd love details.

Well, I know for a fact that they released The Terminator at least twice on Blu-ray before it got remastered. I can also tell you that the video transfer on the remastered version was a massive improvement. I played them both side by side on the same TV and I couldn't believe the difference.

I will let you know when I get these.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I think all the movies got a massive remastering for the Quad sets...
Interesting if they were remastered once again.

Where the heck is this Ripley doll anyway?

I really want to have this one checked off my list. I need preorder for security.

They were definitely not remastered again. They already look fantastic.

3 times the terror.

The *****...is back. That film had a great marketing campaign. I love it to this day.

One of my favourite trailers because of my association of it with that particular VHS release of Aliens Special Edition. I also love the ''Widescreen Collection'' trailer after it - back when ''Widescreen'' wasn't standard for home cinema. I remember buying the Pan & Scan version of a trilogy box set back in the day and later regretting it. All because I thought the Pan & scan box was nicer looking.

I remember having to special order some "widescreen" VHS tapes back in the day. My copy of Aliens was the widescreen version, so I guess I was better than you a-dev.

oh I like the new Bluray covers, but these are all I need :lol
10910069-1391679925-955889.jpg

10876448-1385141525-401110.jpg

10896264-1389810741-864999.jpg

10938589-1395838085-915915.jpg

God-fuggin'-dammit, how many versions of these do they want me to buy?

Show the Predator series some love, too. I still don't own any of them on BR due to the lack of a nicely-packaged collection.

I remember having to special order some "widescreen" VHS tapes back in the day. My copy of Aliens was the widescreen version, so I guess I was better than you a-dev.

yeah I know I stole that one from you, so what!

Back