1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics, WG.

Ripley turned out to be a great looking figure, but I'm not that big enough of an Alien fan to pick her up. Although as good as the figure does look, I must say that I like the rooted hair on this one better, as the prototype figure boasted.

Perhaps if after I sell some other stuff off and create more space, and if she could be had still at retail or lower, I'll pick her up being that it's still a character from a classic film franchise.

Nice Pics! Reminds me of me in the summer caring all my stuff to a Beach BBQ :wink1:

I definitely think I could fit one more thing on her. :lol

I had a similar thought. :lol
MPW-52964

When VeryCool's Villa arrived I found that her large weapons crate fit in well with Ripley colourwise. I stood the cat box on top of it.

210136azt275e3z8e25g8e.jpg

Hi! My Ripley has been in this position for a long time:

2a5kl1g.jpg

...today, I have been changing her pose and when I have tried to turn her right leg it has come out... My face has turn pale. I have been pushing on the leg into the hip and now it is connected again but... is a little bit loose. I'm afraid to make new poses with her. She is in the same position again.

Nice pics, WG.

I must say that I like the rooted hair on this one better, as the prototype figure boasted.

Thanks, and I agree. I was hugely disappointed when they reverted back to the sculpted hair. Such a simple figure at its price, I would have hoped they could have mustered the real hair on her.

But at least the made her at all. With her and my Big Chap, I feel I have a very solid representation of one of my childhood film favorites. Now if I could just shrink my two Nostromo space-suit figures down a wee bit... they're almost as tall as the Big Chap.

Beautiful gallery, Wor-Gar-

Yes, I was a little stunned when I saw Sideshow giving these away. Ah well, one man's "grail" is anther man's shelf-warmer I guess.
No matter...I'm glad she finally arrived after all of that back-n-forth with the hair and the likeness. Am I miffed about the sculpted hair? Not really...perhaps HT just could not get it to work on the production level with all of the curl and have it look right. We'll never know...

I just know that I'm glad to have her it the collection....

RIPLEY-008.jpg

decided to make the height mod. thanks for the tips guys. Love it, but dont knoe if I will keep it when the Aliens Ripley comes out. If it ever happens....
36a67ead941b4d86886392ecf6eaf017.jpg
958e4a6a717ec6e2435199bd3d721f3c.jpg
71d4015570f24d02262b5341553824c5.jpg
a42a058b170f8213926b39f932e6f553.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

I saw that you have cancelled HOTH LEIA too so I think you won't buy a Hot Toys figure in all your life... :lol

I always tell my wife I’m retired from collecting “Jay Z style”, which means I always come back! I actually have both the Regular HT Fett and Emperor on pre-order. I think in the case of Ripley I was placed under the “bait and switch” spell where I loved the rooted hair and then there was a period of silence from the HT front which I marinated with the thought of my first HT woman with rooted hair. When she was officially revealed with sculpted I was not a fan BUT since I fell in love with the “idea” of Ripley in my collection from the past I just moved along with it. When finally she arrived in hand there was not a once of me that said “WOW”!! It was just par. I don’t mind her but if I can get back my money and place into something “I love” why not right!! With HOTH Leia I preordered but decided to cancel and forward those funds to the Emperor. At the end of the day maybe I can justify $300 CAN on Emperor but not Leia….just the way we all role!!!!

Bo, if you get a chance, could you take some close up pics of the boots and the shin guards? Hard to tell if they're the Rogue One boots but with a matte finish or if they're new.

Head Transplant

Decapition, reposition and some Milliput putty with sculpting by a toothpick.

IMG_7180.jpgIMG_7184.jpgIMG_7179.jpgIMG_7177.jpgIMG_7174.jpgIMG_7175.jpgIMG_7182.jpgIMG_7183.jpgIMG_7174.jpg

Waiting for the putty to dry before painting. Going to recolor those eyes as well.

wow for some reason it looks so much better already.
probably because now he can at least look into his window.

I think she’s sold out now. I just placed an order for one and she’s no longer showing on the site. Perhaps I got the last one?

Back