1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure it's seeing things a BIT differently that gets people worked up. It's when some people go to extremes with their critiques. I've been upset by figures that I've really wanted that turned out subpar, Matrix, BD Terminator to name a couple, but I refrain from saying they're garbage or they look nothing like the person they're supposed to when it's clearly a gross exaggeration. This hobby has advanced by leaps and bounds in recent years, but no one has developed a process that guarantees a 100% likeness match yet. That is however what we've come to expect.

I see very few people just outright calling it garbage or crap though. Most have tried to give some explanation or thoughtful critique of specific areas they have a problem with (the expression, lack of upper eyelids, etc), but apparently even that is enough to drive some people crazy here. Lol

I see very few people just outright calling it garbage or crap though. Most have tried to give some explanation or thoughtful critique of specific areas they have a problem with (the expression, lack of upper eyelids, etc), but apparently even that is enough to drive some people crazy here. Lol

:lecture

Most have simply said it's ''OK''. :dunno Wow, dial it back you haters!

yep, that's what actually happening.
but provocateurs always start screaming "STOP HATING AND ********", and in the end they reach their goal.
that's why they are so widely used IRL. they are damn effective, especially considering their thin numbers.

Why does every recent HT release of a caucasian woman have the teeth showing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For $300 AUD, I'll do all the #*@!ing hating I want.

After the endless delays and radio silence from Hot Toys, if I find the final product lacking I have every right to air my opinion in a forum dedicated to discussion of the very type of item now under consideration.

If people have an issue with that, go be a precious snowflake ensconced in a self-affirming echo chamber someplace else.

Yeah this thread was a lot more fun before the figure came out...now it's just complaining about the figure and people complaining about the complainers...Hot Toys take her back to the factory we don't need this toy....delay her all you want. We got along better :lol

:lecture

Most have simply said it's ''OK''. :dunno Wow, dial it back you haters!
I think a big part of the problem is the huge delay and zero imtpovement. I actually think the sideshow prototype pics looked better than these so-called in hand pics we have right now

People expected improvement?

vcz6dc.gif

Ask yourselves. Would you rather have a 1/6 Ripley or not? Because this is it, Guys.

NO ONE has seen decent pictures or videos of this in hand ( waiting for deanknight's vids). From what I've seen, I think it's good enough and I'm gonna rip this open as soon as I get my hands on her.

PS As for improvements, HT totally muffed on the SIGnature corset. :lol

PS As for improvements, HT totally muffed on the SIGnature corset. :lol

It was a bad video - was that really a printed panel, or a mirage?

At least it's on the back of the figure.

The machine has been giving her a 98-100% likeness to Sigourney. Luckily for Jones the machine doesn't recognise cats. :lol

That's because whatever HT made or didn't try to make, it's not a cat of this earth. It's a breed of unknown origin.

It is, for sure, the strangest thing HT have created.

There are far better scale cats out there in resin, but not easy finding a ginger one that doesn't have white parts.

Hard to tell what that is, but it kind of matches the proto pic, at least they did something back there.

Again, why are the first images so sucky?

I like the figure, but not a fan of the rear of the jumpsuit. It looks like the cording is printed on a piece of fabric.. blah

That's really lame. I skipped that detail when I did my custom over five years ago, but being a more skilled customizer, no way would I not replicate actual lacing today. That's just lazy with the resources they have at their disposal.

Did they finally make a tall female body?

from hong kong apathetic video...
attachment.php

I like the figure, but not a fan of the rear of the jumpsuit. It looks like the cording is printed on a piece of fabric.. blah...
looks like Tsang was advising. definitely his style :slap

Back