1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

I think the figure looks pretty spot on. Can't see what all the complaints are about. We're lucky to be getting anything from hot toys alien related the way they've been concentrating on marvel and star wars to be honest.
It's just this forum, has some of the biggest complainers on the internet I think lol

It's just this forum, has some of the biggest complainers on the internet I think lol

Magnified by the fact they have to repeat the same complaints over and over and over and...

oh yeah?
just yesterday i read a HT Robocop thread on another forum. people HATE BD Robocop headsculpt there.
wish i kept the link to post it now here to prove it :)

Every figure that is released someone has to ***** about it on here , they are never happy some folk !!

at least when people complain about a figure they're talking about the figure :rolleyes2

But it hurts when you see 2 years ago the PERFECT RIPLEY and they, change the head sculpt. No worries with sculpted hair. But the face... Oh my god... She looks like neanderthal woman.

Who cares the ******ing cat??? :rotfl

Hey, a little space cred here --Jonesy was the ONLY OTHER Survivor from the crew ship Nostromo. :lol

And yeah, it looks ridiculous even for 3-5 yr olds. I've seen much better toys from a McD Kid's meal.

Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

But it hurts when you see 2 years ago the PERFECT RIPLEY and they, change the head sculpt. No worries with sculpted hair. But the face... Oh my god... She looks like neanderthal woman.

It was better in the old days! ;-) nah, I see the appeal with the old one - it was just Ripley the wrong movie. I
If you had both in hand I'm not so sure the difference is as big as you make it out to be. Perfect --> Neanderthal. It's mostly the hair... Mostly. But I really wanted that rooted hair too. If they had never showed it I would probably be just fine with what we got.

Last edited:

Who cares the ******ing cat??? :rotfl

Exactly! Was totally kidding. I could care less about Jonesy. As pjam said though (hey man!), it's ridiculous that it looks worse than a 3-5 yr old toy. Maybe hot toys was going for the "little sh$thead" look. :lol

Exactly! Was totally kidding. I could care less about Jonesy. As pjam said though (hey man!), it's ridiculous that it looks worse than a 3-5 yr old toy. Maybe hot toys was going for the "little sh$thead" look. :lol

Jonesy is a prototype. I'm sure. The cat will be orange!!! Ha ha ha.

i expect to see a custom cat with rooted fur one day.

at least when people complain about a figure they're talking about the figure :rolleyes2

Testament to the sparsity of new releases in the Aliens and Robots franchises these days - I haven't seen these kinds of complaining about complaining posts in what seems like quite a lonnnnnggg time. :lol

This is already available for preorder locally. I would say it's $220 on Sideshow.

"Preorder on Mother's Day!!" NO.

I HATE YOU, SIDESHOWTOY... :rotfl

Testament to the sparsity of new releases in the Aliens and Robots franchises these days - I haven't seen these kinds of complaining about complaining posts in what seems like quite a lonnnnnggg time. :lol

What I'm really excited about seeing - apart from a T-800 Endo and Big Chap 2.0 announcement - is the first "standard evolution of a Hot Toys figure thread" post.

HI RES pg 432 post #4320

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg