1/6 Hot Toys - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Scarlet Witch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I'd like to see this figure with the cape. The way it wraps around the front really completes the look. It feels like the design of the outfit was always meant to have that, and it just looks incomplete without it.
yeah,I will be getting an extra cape

Yeah I never quite got the love for that sculpt at the time. Likeness isn't totally there and it's way too glamorized for how she appeared in the series.
Yep, these in hand pics with no lighting effects and photoshop look very impressive !! Of course the JCHong master proto version, but the sculpt is the sculpt.

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4099.jpg

Didn't read the entire essay but that little bit at the start sums it up quite well. The first one looks way too sci-fi and artificial as a costume compared to the MoM version. It looks like it was fabricated in a factory somewhere for her to wear. As if a warehouse machine made it for her. The MoM version looks more organic and witchy. Something that was hand made or crafted out of dark magic.

MoM > WV for sure. First one looks too much like it came out of Party City.

VeWVqOF.png
fXPLtDD.png
Yeah, that's my point. A more Sci-Fi take could work with my X-Men, but then I'd need an explicitly X-Design. I want a proper Witchy version first and foremost.

Aaaaaaaand now that it's been a couple of hours I'm starting to not feel the material... It still looks too plasticy. A part of me wants to buy it now just to be safe. The other thinks it'd be better to wait for a definitive costume. I don't know, I've got a ton of wants to be getting into doubles from this early on. The thing is, I doubt they'll put her in another Strange flick, and whatever ends up happening with the Midnight Sons won't involve her. So the only way for her to show up would be if they bring in the X-Men and decide to make her Magneto's daughter. Maybe a Variant, maybe the mainline version, who knows. There's a rumor that there'll be two X-Men, one from the Illuminati-verse and another from the mainverse. With the scrapped MOM bit involving Magneto, they could bring in that Wanda who was used as a meatpuppet back and have her be the heroic version. Or they'll adapt Children's Crusade and 4 years from now we'll get her being an amnesiac living in Latveria. Or they might gave her her own movie as it's rumoured. The same person who's been realliable for all leaks thus far for about a year+ now is adamant there's a solo in the works. And honestly, I believe it. People love both Olsen and Wanda, and with how Carl Manvers was left in the dust, I can see them tying Wanda to the upcoming X-Men and having a proper bankable female solo star.

I just don't know. The pleathery material is messing with me. And while the cape doesn't work in the WV version, I feel that without it she looks too barebones in MOM. The collar and the exposed neck don't match the long sleeves and the plastic corset and waistcoat. It's an improvement over the techy WV look, but I fear I may regret buying this in the future. I generally prefer figures either with cloth/proper soft goods or armoured looks. This isn't what I normally buy. It's the same reason why I've skipped all the Lokis too and I'm still waiting for one. I made it 10 years before ordering my near-perfect Iron Man, it'd be a shame to catch the impulse-buy bug now and go around getting versions that aren't my favourites just to own them.

The cool diorama really caught my eye, but the more I look at it the more I'm not getting those "buy me" vibes. And it's not like I don't have things left in the year. Hayden Vader and Tobey-Man are locks. Hopefully they'll put CW Kenobi up for PO. I assume Defender & Supreme Stranges will get made, as will Mr. Knight. Maybe they'll throw us a Brosnan Dr. Fate or Stewart Xavier. BP2 has Namor and Black Panther, but from the recent leaked concept art I'll be passing on Namor and hope he gets another costume down the line. InArt has their Paul that I'm waiting for too. And then in 2023 there's Warlock, HighEvo, Star-Lord/Gamora/Rocket, maybe War Machine and Fury, Thane, Ahsoka and who knows what else.

I'll just keep hoping for a version of this:

witchv.jpg

And for the time being I... will have to pass.

DetailedBoringHumpbackwhale-size_restricted.gif

PS: I hope Defender Strange gets the Book of the Vishanti and Supreme Strange gets the Darkhold if they're made, so that I can get both books since I'm skipping on the main Strange and this Wanda.

Yep, these in hand pics with no lighting effects and photoshop look very impressive !! Of course the JCHong master proto version, but the sculpt is the sculpt.

View attachment 578893
View attachment 578894
I initially thought the head looked a bit too narrow, and Olsen had a slightly rounder or fuller face than this, but after comparing with screenshots that is actually how she appeared in the movie, so guess they got it right.

Doctor-Strange-2-Wanda-Maximoff_1.jpg

Yeah, that's my point. A more Sci-Fi take could work with my X-Men, but then I'd need an explicitly X-Design. I want a proper Witchy version first and foremost.

Aaaaaaaand now that it's been a couple of hours I'm starting to not feel the material... It still looks too plasticy. A part of me wants to buy it now just to be safe. The other thinks it'd be better to wait for a definitive costume. I don't know, I've got a ton of wants to be getting into doubles from this early on. The thing is, I doubt they'll put her in another Strange flick, and whatever ends up happening with the Midnight Sons won't involve her. So the only way for her to show up would be if they bring in the X-Men and decide to make her Magneto's daughter. Maybe a Variant, maybe the mainline version, who knows. There's a rumor that there'll be two X-Men, one from the Illuminati-verse and another from the mainverse. With the scrapped MOM bit involving Magneto, they could bring in that Wanda who was used as a meatpuppet back and have her be the heroic version. Or they'll adapt Children's Crusade and 4 years from now we'll get her being an amnesiac living in Latveria. Or they might gave her her own movie as it's rumoured. The same person who's been realliable for all leaks thus far for about a year+ now is adamant there's a solo in the works. And honestly, I believe it. People love both Olsen and Wanda, and with how Carl Manvers was left in the dust, I can see them tying Wanda to the upcoming X-Men and having a proper bankable female solo star.

I just don't know. The pleathery material is messing with me. And while the cape doesn't work in the WV version, I feel that without it she looks too barebones in MOM. The collar and the exposed neck don't match the long sleeves and the plastic corset and waistcoat. It's an improvement over the techy WV look, but I fear I may regret buying this in the future. I generally prefer figures either with cloth/proper soft goods or armoured looks. This isn't what I normally buy. It's the same reason why I've skipped all the Lokis too and I'm still waiting for one. I made it 10 years before ordering my near-perfect Iron Man, it'd be a shame to catch the impulse-buy bug now and go around getting versions that aren't my favourites just to own them.

The cool diorama really caught my eye, but the more I look at it the more I'm not getting those "buy me" vibes. And it's not like I don't have things left in the year. Hayden Vader and Tobey-Man are locks. Hopefully they'll put CW Kenobi up for PO. I assume Defender & Supreme Stranges will get made, as will Mr. Knight. Maybe they'll throw us a Brosnan Dr. Fate or Stewart Xavier. BP2 has Namor and Black Panther, but from the recent leaked concept art I'll be passing on Namor and hope he gets another costume down the line. InArt has their Paul that I'm waiting for too. And then in 2023 there's Warlock, HighEvo, Star-Lord/Gamora/Rocket, maybe War Machine and Fury, Thane, Ahsoka and who knows what else.

I'll just keep hoping for a version of this:

witchv.jpg

And for the time being I... will have to pass.

DetailedBoringHumpbackwhale-size_restricted.gif

PS: I hope Defender Strange gets the Book of the Vishanti and Supreme Strange gets the Darkhold if they're made, so that I can get both books since I'm skipping on the main Strange and this Wanda.
What Iron Man did you settle on?

I just realized that HT is so lazy that they are still using the same large flame effects from AOU SW, NA SW and CW SW! Only now in a deeper red than before!

88A4D2E2-990A-461D-9F0F-9A5CC11BC2C2.jpeg
D8C7320C-F23E-47BF-B37E-3F842B07537E.jpeg
22568A49-AA0D-4393-A988-6CCDD2835BBF.jpeg

Is it that hard to come up with new(er) effects for her hands? It’s getting ridiculous.

P.s. I just realized it’s the same flame effects for WV SW as well!!!

C22AB942-DF44-4CBD-9CB5-A2CB009E0877.jpeg

Last edited:
What Iron Man did you settle on?
Endgame. It's close enough to the Modular and that's one of my favourite looks.

3a13882b1fad22c505bc56a094409d68.png
87326145597711b8d3155af90f1bb4db.jpg

It's not a 1:1 translation and the colours are inverted, but I feel the basic design is there. I think. Y'know, come to think of it, it's more similar to his classic look... I guess the arc reactor and head shape reminded me of it. Either way, I kept passing on all the armours and waited for something comic accurate, so when Endgame came out and it was my last shot, I caved in and got it. I'm a big Ironfan since I was a kid, but all of the movie designs were just too divorced from the source for me.

The Homecoming armour tempted me as I have a lot of nostalgia for the Ultimates, but it being a repaint and having no resemblance to the actual armour from the comics kept me away. Likewise the IW armour tempted me for being similar to the Bleeding Edge, but again I felt that it just wasn't close enough, and at the time I thought the suit he'd wear in the next film would be more accurate.

Iron Man wise I'm hoping HT will do some sort of "anniversary" pack at some point and re-release a MK III alongside a proper Tony figure. I want a tuxed Stark something fierce. I'm hoping RDJ or Cruise or whoever gets to play some AU Stark wearing the Endosym as well, so that I can add him to my planned Illuminati display. If I get these, plus a War Machine, a Fury and maybe a villain or two (go back and buy Trevor Mandarin, or maybe if they do Zeke Stane) I'll be fine.

-

To bring it back to Wanda, I feel something similar. I've been playing the waiting game for a decade now, taking gambles and making sure I got the "perfect" figure. It's not that I'd have nowhere to put 2 Wandas, but the costume just isn't working for me. Ever since it was revealed I was on the fence about it. When I saw the film and enjoyed her performance thoroughly, I was willing to bypass that issue and get it just to represent this particular version. So when I saw the figure I was sucked in immediately. But now... I'm just afraid that I'll waste a slot right now, when it could go to a character I'll probably not get another chance at anytime soon, whereas we'll see a new Wanda in 2 or 3 years. She's just too popular and too much of a hit with every signle audience for them to retire her.

I have a rule to stay away from pleather as much as I can, so I'll take my chances and wait for a version with more cloth and robes or something. Or at least a design I'll love from the get-go. I'm rooting for the current comic costume as I feel it's her best look. And I hope they go with either dark brown or proper red hair. It's a silly complaint, but the MOM shade is screwing with me.

Whenever I see AoU references , I keep thinking back to Wanda’s horrible accent :lol

Love Elizabeth but that accent was a buzzkill

This headsculpt is just too perfect. I canceled the Wandavision version and just pre-ordered this. If the deluxe had come with an alternate head with an angry / evil expression I would have ordered it, but it was just the usual Bigger Base That Takes Up Too Much Room On My Shelves stuff so I went with the standard edition.

I just realized that HT is so lazy that they are still using the same large flame effects from AOU SW, NA SW and CW SW! Only now in a deeper red than before!
I just don’t see it as lazy, it’s a smart business decision to reuse previously built parts. Most industries do it. Could you imagine if they built everything new every time? The costs would be astronomical and you could double the timeframes.

I'm open to getting a Wanda from Wandavision to go with the MOM version, but what I would want is Wanda wearing the comic book version of the SW costume that she wore for the Halloween episode. With a smile on her face. That would make for a nice juxtaposition with this.

That diorama is sick ! Already got the wandavision on preorder ,but thinking about this to.

Back