1/6 Hot Toys - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Scarlet Witch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the stand is just cardboard and cheap plastic… Well, there goes one temptation. It’s okay, I can wait for the next one in 2026…
Aren't pretty much all diorama stands like that though? This is why I almost never buy deluxe versions. The stuff that matters is already included in the regular edition.

So the stand is just cardboard and cheap plastic… Well, there goes one temptation. It’s okay, I can wait for the next one in 2026…
I think there's a good chance that HT upgrades that base to 100% plastic. Lately they've been reacting quite quickly (& uncharacteristically lol) to criticism (thank you, InArt), so this may be another instance where they realize they need to stop cutting corners and up their game.

Aren't pretty much all diorama stands like that though? This is why I almost never buy deluxe versions. The stuff that matters is already included in the regular edition.
The only figure I have with a stand like that is the DX Sparrow from DMTNT and that's plastic, so my mind went there. It looked cool so I was blinded like a sucker... Bah, one more reason to justify my decision to pass and strengthen my resolve.

I think there's a good chance that HT upgrades that base to 100% plastic. Lately they've been reacting quite quickly (& uncharacteristically lol) to criticism (thank you, InArt), so this may be another instance where they realize they need to stop cutting corners and up their game.
It was the IA Gandalf & Joker bases that made my mind go directly to hard plastic instead of cheap cardboard. HT has been upping their game a bit due to the competition, but they need to do better.

In all honesty, while dioramas can be cool, they need to be of actual quality and have a broader use. I would buy a theoretical throne for Doom, and if the Emperor's chair wasn't so goofy I could be talked into it. But the ones that are random rocks or too scene specific while having no coolness factor in and of themselves, I have no interest in. Like that Mando Ahsoka one with the rocks. I'm displaying her with some other Jedi, I don't need a piece of rocks with some foliage. This was different because a floor with candles can go with any magical character. Alas, twas not meant to be...

Thankfully I never had any interest in the deluxe version to begin with, as the dreamwalking effects just look way too cheesy for my taste. Plus I don't really have the space anymore for a large diorama base like that.

Thankfully I never had any interest in the deluxe version to begin with, as the dreamwalking effects just look way too cheesy for my taste. Plus I don't really have the space anymore for a large diorama base like that.
Yeah, the Dreamwalking effect is a bit cheesy and too plasticy, but I was really sucked in by those candles... I doubt they'll have anything like that for the other characters in the line, but I imagine Defender Strange could come with that small shrine for the Book of the Vishanti, in the same vein as the NWH Strange and that mini-fountain. Zombie Strange could get some souls/ghosts as a base that connect with the cape to prop him up. Supreme Strange, if he happens, I don't see him coming with anything beyond some hands, the Darkhold and some generic magical effects. I really hope they make him though, his costume was great.

I just realized that HT is so lazy that they are still using the same large flame effects from AOU SW, NA SW and CW SW! Only now in a deeper red than before!

View attachment 578917View attachment 578918View attachment 578920

Is it that hard to come up with new(er) effects for her hands? It’s getting ridiculous.

P.s. I just realized it’s the same flame effects for WV SW as well!!!

View attachment 578921
I dunno, i don’t really think this is a big deal. New power effects will look mostly the same anyway, pretty much the same minus flames going in different directions etc…i think reusing them is fine really.

Yeah that's a real bummer. There goes the floating cross-legged option. At least you get both hairpieces with the regular version too.

The only figure I have with a stand like that is the DX Sparrow from DMTNT and that's plastic, so my mind went there. It looked cool so I was blinded like a sucker... Bah, one more reason to justify my decision to pass and strengthen my resolve.

It was the IA Gandalf & Joker bases that made my mind go directly to hard plastic instead of cheap cardboard. HT has been upping their game a bit due to the competition, but they need to do better.

In all honesty, while dioramas can be cool, they need to be of actual quality and have a broader use. I would buy a theoretical throne for Doom, and if the Emperor's chair wasn't so goofy I could be talked into it. But the ones that are random rocks or too scene specific while having no coolness factor in and of themselves, I have no interest in. Like that Mando Ahsoka one with the rocks. I'm displaying her with some other Jedi, I don't need a piece of rocks with some foliage. This was different because a floor with candles can go with any magical character. Alas, twas not meant to be...
If they don't upgrade the base, I'll just 3D print a black circular base and glue the cardboard piece to it. Piece of cake.

I gotta say, this sculpt looks good enough to draw me back into HT for the newer Marvel movies...like others, I'm kinda over it after Endgame.

We'll see though...

Yeah that's a real bummer. There goes the floating cross-legged option. At least you get both hairpieces with the regular version too.
Good point there, at least they didn't lock those behind the deluxe.

If they don't upgrade the base, I'll just 3D print a black circular base and glue the cardboard piece to it. Piece of cake.
If you have that option, it's a neat solution. But I do hope they up their game going forward. You can't pay 300$+ for a figure, then have it displayed with a cardboard base.

Good point there, at least they didn't lock those behind the deluxe.

If you have that option, it's a neat solution. But I do hope they up their game going forward. You can't pay 300$+ for a figure, then have it displayed with a cardboard base.
Well you wouldn’t pay $300 with a plastic version of that base. You would pay $350.

In a perfect world Hot Toys would get into making statues (and they'd give us a Wanda.) They'd combine their talent at likenesses with the improved bodies and posing a statue provides (there's not a single female character ever made whose body looks better as a 1/6 action figure than as a statue) and also give us some nice diorama bases. Let's say each statue was 1/6 scale, and Hot Toys found a way to reproduce all the detail, both sculpted and painted, in their headsculpts, maybe by using different materials for the heads. Sure, they'd cost two-three times what one of their action figures cost, but I'd be willing to pay the extra for a version of Wanda that's set in an awesome pose, with a costume that really fits her correctly, (and arms that don't look like toothpicks), and with a nicely detailed magic backdrop that isn't made of cardboard.

Actually now that I'm thinking of it I'm wondering why Hot Toys hasn't tried this. Even if they limited the line to only specific, really popular characters I'm sure a lot of collectors would make room on their shelves. I know I would. The only reason I collect Hot Toys instead of statues, which I would really prefer, is the Hot Toys likenesses of the MCU characters. Sure, once in a while they miss, but they're still the best there is at it right now if you don't want to spend $2,000. And even those super high end companies just don't have the character selection (I'm talking actor likeness versions, not comic versions.)

Okay, sorry for the tangent. I'm just getting tired of action figure stands and wrist pegs and figures that can't hold a pose...

Well you wouldn’t pay $300 with a plastic version of that base. You would pay $350.
It's already 320$ versus the 285$ base one. I woudn't buy it at 350$, but if I'm displaying my supposedly lifelike 300$ figure, then I don't want some cheap cardboard to accompany it. Either do something properly, or not at all is how I see it.

It's already 320$ versus the 285$ base one. I woudn't buy it at 350$, but if I'm displaying my supposedly lifelike 300$ figure, then I don't want some cheap cardboard to accompany it. Either do something properly, or not at all is how I see it.

Aren’t all bases made of cheap cardboard and cheap plastic. Where are the concrete and steel bases? I want them now.

I guess there are the styrofoam ones like Black Panther and Leia Bespin. But its A grade styrofoam.

Honestly, if the did a civil war 2.0 with this quality head, I would get that over MOM or wandavision versions.

Yeah I'd definitely like a new CW SW (or the original for that matter). I was close to pulling the trigger on some listings of it for exorbitant prices, but ultimately didn't. I was hoping they'd rerelease the CW version as IW/EG, but alas.. Come to think of it, a 2.0 CW would be awesome as well, with updated sculpted hair, likeness and paint.

Back