1/6 Hot Toys - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Scarlet Witch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's a good chance that HT upgrades that base to 100% plastic. Lately they've been reacting quite quickly (& uncharacteristically lol) to criticism (thank you, InArt), so this may be another instance where they realize they need to stop cutting corners and up their game.

Agreed, they should update the base. They can produce quality bases, but I can see why they would cut costs on some thing such as those. For instance, the base for the solo movie Black Panther (and VGM Spider-Man Mark IV) was underwhelming and under par.

Agreed, they should update the base. They can produce quality bases, but I can see why they would cut costs on some thing such as those. For instance, the base for the solo movie Black Panther (and VGM Spider-Man Mark IV) was underwhelming and under par.
True, but those were the only bases offered for those releases. This is part of the deluxe release, so there should be no way anyone perceives it as being inferior in quality to the standard base. HT definitely screwed the pooch with this one.

Yeah I'd definitely like a new CW SW (or the original for that matter). I was close to pulling the trigger on some listings of it for exorbitant prices, but ultimately didn't. I was hoping they'd rerelease the CW version as IW/EG, but alas.. Come to think of it, a 2.0 CW would be awesome as well, with updated sculpted hair, likeness and paint.
CW holds up well

3E8C63DE-A095-459D-A762-121B6DE9E14E.jpeg

5AB30344-2CDB-411C-9B82-253F306D7FA5.jpeg

Aren’t all bases made of cheap cardboard and cheap plastic. Where are the concrete and steel bases? I want them now.

I guess there are the styrofoam ones like Black Panther and Leia Bespin. But its A grade styrofoam.
I've made my peace with the basic plastic bases. But if you're offering a deluxe, make it a properly good one, don't just go halfway and call it a day.

As for concrete and steel bases, I'd be in for certain characters. But with how prices are now and with how much they try to squeeze out of every release, I wouldn't want to be paying 330$ or whatever for the average doll. But if they're going to offer a deluxe option then yeah, a genuinely good base is a must.

Highly doubt it. With this text …

• Brown color long curly hair sculpture with tiara
It typically means it’s all one sculpt
In justinscollecrion preview of the wandavision SW, he said it looked like you could remove it since it looked like it had been adjusted from the preview pics already, it would be another reason to skip this if the tiara and hair are all one piece.

When I first saw this MOM announced I thought there were 2 heads with interchangeable hair styles, had hot toys went that route this would be easier to justify for the price.

In justinscollecrion preview of the wandavision SW, he said it looked like you could remove it since it looked like it had been adjusted from the preview pics already, it would be another reason to skip this if the tiara and hair are all one piece.

When I first saw this MOM announced I thought there were 2 heads with interchangeable hair styles, had hot toys went that route this would be easier to justify for the price.
They have never released a figure with a removable tiara I don’t believe. Having said that the Wonder Woman 84 figure that hasn’t been released yet says removable tiara in the text so I guess anything is possible.

They have never released a figure with a removable tiara I don’t believe. Having said that the Wonder Woman 84 figure that hasn’t been released yet says removable tiara in the text so I guess anything is possible.
Ok I take it back lol, I scrutinised the photos and yes tiara looks removable because how else would you swap the hair pieces. Plus you can see the grooves in the hair where it attaches (I think!).

D693B6FF-AA9A-42A3-A2CD-4985F4C5EAA3.jpeg

D152594D-5BE0-4561-91EF-C02D3F32DD59.jpeg

C35E7D74-FB59-407E-A4C7-DDBFE0615E41.jpeg

Ok I take it back lol, I scrutinised the photos and yes tiara looks removable because how else would you swap the hair pieces. Plus you can see the grooves in the hair where it attaches (I think!).

View attachment 579316

View attachment 579317

View attachment 579318
Hopefully you're right, but removable doesn't eliminate the possibility that it pins into a hole in her forehead - i.e., you can remove it to swap hair pieces but you're going to want to put it back on. :lol

I don't know, I would think it would peg into the hair only. Regardless I can wait for in-hand pics in 2024 before ordering. If they announce a Wanda from the illuminati scene that would be a day 1 pre-order for me. It's the best part of the whole movie.

Yeah I'd definitely like a new CW SW (or the original for that matter). I was close to pulling the trigger on some listings of it for exorbitant prices, but ultimately didn't. I was hoping they'd rerelease the CW version as IW/EG, but alas.. Come to think of it, a 2.0 CW would be awesome as well, with updated sculpted hair, likeness and paint.
I remember seeing the SW CW get to 400, up to 1,000 and thinking I should have preordered it but my thinking at the time was yes this is a good figure but she will look even better in infinity war...I was wrong. Maybe when these new wandas release the cw version will come back down to 400.

I remember seeing the SW CW get to 400, up to 1,000 and thinking I should have preordered it but my thinking at the time was yes this is a good figure but she will look even better in infinity war...I was wrong. Maybe when these new wandas release the cw version will come back down to 400.
I personally think the reason CW Scarlet Witch went so crazy is because of the popularity of the character in IW/Endgame which then led into Wandavision. I think people who are satisfied with one version of the character will be happy with WV or MOM, but there may always be a desire for CW just because that was her outfit in IW/Endgame. I also think it was a bit of a shock that she had as much of an emotional and key role to play in IW as she did, I mean other than Thor, Gamora and Thanos she probably has the most growth/arc out of any of the characters.

Yeah even now it goes for around 600 - 1000.. Interesting she kept the same/similar outfit for IW/EG, and HT even displayed an IW figure with different hair colour. Was hoping for that to release, but, it's now highly unlikely.

I personally think the reason CW Scarlet Witch went so crazy is because of the popularity of the character in IW/Endgame which then led into Wandavision. I think people who are satisfied with one version of the character will be happy with WV or MOM, but there may always be a desire for CW just because that was her outfit in IW/Endgame. I also think it was a bit of a shock that she had as much of an emotional and key role to play in IW as she did, I mean other than Thor, Gamora and Thanos she probably has the most growth/arc out of any of the characters.

Agreed! I was impressed with her in IW, and seemingly after that I was interested in a figure of her. After watching IW, I was going to get the AoU version, at least, from BBTS since they still had it in stock, but when I went to do so it was all gone! Ah well, such is collecting :lol

That cardboard floor though 😬
Yeah, the chintzy cardboard base and plastic stand has totally turned me off the deluxe version; the candles look really cheap, too. I like the darkhold effect, especially the way it can hold the book, but if the waste grabber has to be raised way up like that around the figure to allow the darkhold to attach to the display stand then no thank you.

So would probably just do the regular edition unless they work out some better solutions in the final product.

The civil war outfit is the best design so far. No way I would pay $500 gor that though. The firetoys outfit looked OK but the proportions didnt look right. I doubt that outfit would fit on this hot toys figure which I presume will have increased height over the previous versions.

I still think an illuminati battle outfit could happen.

Back