1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good.
They should give the 1/6th scale over to someone who can deliver.
At this point/ price there's no excuse other than laziness or lack of skill for delivering inaccurate (wacky looking) sculpts.

But I'm afraid they will keep the license and let it rot... just for the sake of owning it. They did keep it for years without releasing anything.

I'm fascinated by how "Alien" fans are far and away the most picky, and biggest sticklers for accuracy.

I would never have guessed that in a million years.

The Alien is one of the most complex creature designs in film history, and I would guess one of the more difficult to replicate.

Yet to the average Alien fan, anything less than 100% accuracy is total garbage.

I promise I'm not kidding or trying to be a jerk, I just genuinely find it incredibly interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fascinated by how "Alien" fans are far and away the most picky, and biggest sticklers for accuracy.

The Alien is one of the most complex creature designs in film history, and I would guess one of the more difficult to replicate.

Yet to the average Alien fan, anything less than 100% accuracy is total garbage.

I promise I'm not kidding or trying to be a jerk, I just genuinely find it incredibly interesting.

but seriously its not that interesting...:lol

It's already starting to deteriorate... what a shame.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154703745099703&set=gm.1244657042224267&type=3&theater

Screen_Shot_2016_10_30_at_3_06_25_PM.png

Truth be told, I was somewhat tempted to use my reward points and give this figure an honest shot. Glad I didn't. Hot Toys never learns.

I don't understand why they insist on using rubber when even in the instruction manual, they warn against keeping the mouth open for extended periods of time.

Why not cast in hard plastic and do something like this?

2v15hdv.jpg

The area outlined in red would be interchangeable and two would be included with each figure: one open mouth and one closed mouth. No rubber, no stretch, just a fixed sculpt. For the open mouth, they could throw in two different inner-tongue lengths held in place via magnet: one short (to keep inside the mouth) and one extended.

It seems like a no-brainer to me.

Exibit A.

Truth be told, I was somewhat tempted to use my reward points and give this figure an honest shot. Glad I didn't. Hot Toys never learns.

I don't understand why they insist on using rubber when even in the instruction manual, they warn against keeping the mouth open for extended periods of time.

2v15hdv.jpg

The area outlined in red would be interchangeable and two would be included with each figure: one open mouth and one closed mouth. No rubber, no stretch, just a fixed sculpt. For the open mouth, they could throw in two different inner-tongue lengths held in place via magnet: one short (to keep inside the mouth) and one extended.

unfortunately hot toys doesn't use common sense logic when it comes to these things and they have demonstrated that time and again.

you might not take into consideration one more point:
1/6 figures are always said to be more accurate than smaller things, because it's easier to sculpt and paint details on them.
yet both A1 and A2 in 1/6 get hate from buyers, while smaller variants are loved. you won't find even a glimpse of that hate in Neca/Konami/Kotobukiya threads, and you will see 99,99% of people ignoring inaccuracies there.
and both hated 1/6s are accidentally made by one company, sculpted and painted by one man :lol

2v15hdv.jpg

like on Robocop or predators, yes.
after your post i'm so happy they didn't go this rubber way with Robocop face.
imagine it - one piece of deteriorating rubber which you can form into different expressions with inner mechanism.

But I'm afraid they will keep the license and let it rot...
...literally! :lol

after your post i'm so happy they didn't go this rubber way with Robocop face.

I think they filled the damage quota by continuing to use rubber on ED-209. :lol

That one really made my head spin. There's absolutely no reason to use rubber over any other material on that particular piece. It's almost like they're sabotaging their work on purpose.

2v15hdv.jpg

Insufficient ***ks were given with this figure.

Back