1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

if there is no doc prototype of any kind at this years SDCC, then my hopes will be dashed.

as far as i can tell, both marty and the delorean have sold well. i totally expect to see future marty and half expect to see a flying delorean. i would still prefer to have doc first though. I am liking the accessories for part2 marty...

wrqm5jG.jpg

Replicating the cap might be difficult. I just hope they've found a way of making his Nike Mags light up.

Replicating the cap might be difficult. I just hope they've found a way of making his Nike Mags light up.

Theres no way they could fit small light up components into a shoe on a 1/6th scale figure. Just no way it can be done even the smallest watch batteries wont fit a shoe that size.

Theres no way they could fit small light up components into a shoe on a 1/6th scale figure. Just no way it can be done even the smallest watch batteries wont fit a shoe that size.

I don't see why they couldn't do it like the hands on their Iron Man figures. Have LEDs in the joints and cast the light-up parts of the Mags in translucent plastic.

I love that it comes with the Almanac. But yeah, hat needs a little more work. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if there is no doc prototype of any kind at this years SDCC, then my hopes will be dashed.

as far as i can tell, both marty and the delorean have sold well. i totally expect to see future marty and half expect to see a flying delorean. i would still prefer to have doc first though. I am liking the accessories for part2 marty...

I wouldn't lose hope. HT's just taking its sweet time, as usual.

I love that it comes with the Almanac. But yeah, hat needs a little more work. Lol.

If that cap can be done in 1/1 for $25, surely HT can do it in 1/6.

If that cap can be done in 1/1 for $25, surely HT can do it in 1/6.

I would definitely think so. The final product will probably be much better. I wonder if they'll recycle the BTF1 head sculpt, as I noticed it was used for the BTF2 Marty at SDCC. I'm hoping it was just a placeholder for the prototype at the convention and hopefully they'll issue a new one. However I don't think I'd be too mad if they did, as long as they hit a home run when it comes to the tailoring and accessories.

Which part? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could still happen and hopefully it will. When was this first displayed? Comic con last year was it? Anyways in the past they have released figures that have been in development hell for a few years like batman returns so theres still hope.

It could still happen and hopefully it will. When was this first displayed? Comic con last year was it? Anyways in the past they have released figures that have been in development hell for a few years like batman returns so theres still hope.

That's exactly what I said. The Delorean we have this year was announced in 2014. Lol. The BTF2 Marty was SDCC 2015. So if we're lucky, maybe a pre-order would go up this year at some point for both....again if we're lucky. If it took longer, I wouldn't mind either though. My bank account needs a break. And both the current Marty and Delorean appear to be selling well, so again we should be good. I posted more of these pics in the Marty McFly and DeLorean thread, however I'll post one here too. I got my Delorean two days ago and love it. I'll definitely get suckered into the Hover Conversion and BTF2 Marty if they make it.
6e47cc6644e6eef5bbbf86f38190aed6.jpg

I could be wrong but, in my mind, PT1 was about Marty. Doc was a major character, but it was Marty's story.
PT2 has Marty tagging along(And he's very important), but Doc takes a bigger role and is way more important.
I am not dismissing Doc's role in PT1. But he is literally the guy who hands the wind up toy to Marty and sets him off.
But in PT2, he's the guy with all the answers for Marty.
With that thought in mind, i reckon Doc will go up as soon as(Or shortly after), the PT2 car is announced for sure.

This is a good point.

BttF was really about Marty, as you mentioned. BttF2 and 3 were about Doc and Marty. I'd personally prefer a BttF2 Doc over BttF.

This is a good point.

BttF was really about Marty, as you mentioned. BttF2 and 3 were about Doc and Marty. I'd personally prefer a BttF2 Doc over BttF.

Yeah that would be cool, although, I'll take any version of Doc!! :)

This is a good point.

Although Doc was present in most of the first movie, i reckon if they had fully realised there would be sequels, they might have given him more to do, so we fully got three movies about Marty *and* Doc. But i do see a symmetry. PT1 is about Marty's life needing changed, and how that happened with the help of the time travel. PT2 is Biff's life getting changed, then both of them struggling to undo that change, and PT3 is about Doc's life needing changed, and how that happened with the help of time travel. So it makes sense the PT1 car has Marty to accompany it. We will need Marty *and* Doc for the PT machine.

Sooner or later HT will make this

Come on, Hot Toys!

Back