Beetlejuice 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... no one here is bothered by Beetlejuice's boots? I'm the only one...ok...first Rambo with short hair and no headband, then Old Indy in an ill-fitting costume, Neo with long hair and a beard... the new Ghostbusters...it never ends. But hey, nobody gives a ****.

I Give Up GIF

Parts of it look good other parts I’m skeptical. Stuff like costuming not being exactly the same I can forgive. Almost forty years ago so some alterations are expected.

I’m not sure about some of the action sequence (the plane and the Beetlejuice worm). Those parts took me out of it a bit. Also it just is what it is but seems like there is some CG being used which looks kinda obvious.

Guess I’m the only one who hates the “let’s make a sequel 28 years later” thing that’s been going on lately. I remember I use to love the tv show tho

I love the original, but this doesn't do much for me. Seems like they're more interested in cashing in on something they know is popular out of desperation than they are in actually making something they want to make.

I would be pleasantly surprised if this turns out great(or even just decent) though.

I don’t have an issue in theory with legacy sequels. I just don’t think they’re well done a lot of the time. It seems like there always has to be a change made that’s going to irritate fans of the original franchises or disrespects the characters in some way in favor of newly introduced characters who take the spotlight.

I really want to like this, but don’t really see anything all that new or inspired in the trailer. Felt like just a rehash of moments from the original movie so far.
Exactly....wtf was that? Lets do the exact same gags all over again....

Not a good look at all.

The original sequel was supposed to be "Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian." It never got made.

Instead of taking the character to a new locale, we now get the exact same setting and characters as the original, all these decades later. Same exact haircut on Winona, too. Pretty dumb.

She was already over her goth phase by the end of the first movie, remember?

Exactly....wtf was that? Lets do the exact same gags all over again....

Not a good look at all.

Yeah, that was pretty bad, but some of it was to be expected.

I expect a few more references, such as the head spinning, but he also did that in the cartoon, and now they can make it look good.

I'm guessing there's going to be another wedding sequence.

Another waiting room scene.

And of course, another "day o" song scene.

The original sequel was supposed to be "Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian." It never got made.

Instead of taking the character to a new locale, we now get the exact same setting and characters as the original, all these decades later. Same exact haircut on Winona, too. Pretty dumb.

She was already over her goth phase by the end of the first movie, remember?

Yeah, he was supposed to use his magic to save the day by beating some ancient demon or something.

I love the original, but this doesn't do much for me. Seems like they're more interested in cashing in on something they know is popular out of desperation than they are in actually making something they want to make.

I would be pleasantly surprised if this turns out great(or even just decent) though.
Yeah this kinda has the feel of the last two Indy sequels, where they were working on various drafts for years that went nowhere, then finally decided "screw it, let's just throw something together and film it so the fans will stop asking us."

RLM recently pointed out that the ring on the dismembered finger Beetlejuice pulls out of his jacket when he’s trying to marry Lydia seems to be referred to in the new movie as Monica Bellucci’s. She’s missing her ring finger.
So yeah, throwaway gag turns into lore. Cooooollll…..

Not holding out hope here, even with Keaton.....Rider is a lost cause, she's terrible in everything she does.

IF we get a decent HT haired figure, I'll be happy they made the film though.

Back