1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dig the bvs suit the most, if we view these in a vacuum. But factoring in the film, the begins suit is the one I would most want on display. Dario makes fair points, though. The rubbery bends are a drawback.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

As much as I love Batman Begins, the suit was probably the worse on-screen Batman suit so far... and I include the Schumacher movies in that too!

The thicc fatman look and Martha stewart gloves are stupid, but I think the Begins version is a solid Batsuit. It's easily my favorite of the two Bale ones. It's a shame they purposely made it look like dog **** in TDK.

The worst suit is that silver ice proof thing that Clooney wears in Batman and Robin. Everything about that thing is trash.

My favorite is either the Keaton or Affleck ones. The best one overall is probably the first Kilmer one. That black utility belt makes more sense than gold, yellow or bronze and unlike the other suits, there's not a single shot where Kilmer or his stuntmen look awkward in it. The dude that sculpted that cowl and suit did an awesome job, it's beautiful. The only thing that sucks about it are the nips. They're all good for the most part, from West to Affleck. I do think the more tactical or hi-tech you make him, the worse Batman looks (see Schumacher's second hi-tech suits, the TDK puzzle piece suit and Affleck's new Nite Owl thing).

The Begins suit is a nice balance between the classic organic muscular look vs. the hi-tech soldier of the future armored looks.

The actual body of the suit – the advance infantry suit, is fine, looks good and is explained adequately – the basis of the mask and cape too is explained well... that doesn't actually mean that when put together it looks great though... after all, if you apply that reasoning then the Dark Knight costume is equally as good, because they explain it's purpose!
Aesthetically, the Batman '89 costume looks fantastic in most shots – even though it's completely impractical. The BvS/SS Bat Suit has no explanation at all, yet that is by far the best suit on screen.
Just giving an explaination of the suit's purpose is no yardstick for quality!

:goodpost:

I couldn't care less how well explained TDK suit is on screen. Batman is never going to exist in the real world so I hate the obsession with having to make everything more realistic. Why not go the whole way and remove the cape and Bat ears that would serve no purprose in the real world.

Personally I'd rather see something that looks like the Batman I recognise from the comics on screen and not advanced military style armour.

As much as I love this BB suit it's still all black. :lol Hopefully he stays grey and black/dark blue from now on.

:goodpost:

I couldn't care less how well explained TDK suit is on screen. Batman is never going to exist in the real world so I hate the obsession with having to make everything more realistic. Why not go the whole way and remove the cape and Bat ears that would serve no purprose in the real world.

Personally I'd rather see something that looks like the Batman I recognise from the comics on screen and not advanced military style armour.

As much as I love this BB suit it's still all black. :lol Hopefully he stays grey and black/dark blue from now on.

Actually the Bat ears on the Nolan suit has a wide range microphone, and the cape can take any rigid form, so Batman can plane with it.

Even without the modern gizmos, Batman's costume has always been practical. He uses the cowl and cape as a mask to hide his identity/strike fear into his enemies. The utility belt is used to store all of his ****. It's simple.

You just look at Batman and there's no explanation needed. I appreciate what Begins did, but I'll never need to know specifics like, "this thing is really a military survival suit!" or "Bruce and Alfred bought thousands of masks and there was a problem with the graphite with one of the batches!". :lol 1. It kills the illusion of Batman (especially in TDK when Brian Douglass somehow has the same exact Begins cowl) 2. the end product doesn't look like what they say it is. That's a floppy, rubber cowl and suit any way you cut it.

Film is a visual medium. I'll always prefer seeing cool things like Bruce cutting his own batarangs or putting microphones in his bat ears as opposed to Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman expositing the scene about where things come from.

Even without the modern gizmos, Batman's costume has always been practical. He uses the cowl and cape as a mask to hide his identity/strike fear into his enemies. The utility belt is used to store all of his ****. It's simple.

You just look at Batman and there's no explanation needed. I appreciate what Begins did, but I'll never need to know specifics like, "this thing is really a military survival suit!" or "Bruce and Alfred bought thousands of masks and there was a problem with the graphite with one of the batches!". :lol 1. It kills the illusion of Batman (especially in TDK when Brian Douglass somehow has the same exact Begins cowl) 2. the end product doesn't look like what they say it is. That's a floppy, rubber cowl and suit any way you cut it.

Film is a visual medium. I'll always prefer seeing cool things like Bruce cutting his own batarangs or putting microphones in his bat ears as opposed to Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman expositing the scene about where things come from.

I can agree with you but for the intention of Nolan's films all of those explanations were spot on and, for me, appreciated. It wanted to build a world that was based in reality (with some suspension of disbelief).

Chaps in the UK, what prices are you getting for Begins 1/4 Batman - either in the UK or HK/US, etc?

Yeah to each there own and I think I appreciate the explaination in Nolan's world and the non explained Batman suits of the other films as well.
But for Nolan's it works well to me and fits his vision. It is like Robocop '87 where they have commercials about artificial hearts by Yamaha or Suzuki...it gives it a sense of believability that they could build a half man half machine Robot cop.

But to each their own. I also absolutely love the more comic book Burton films. I could not even put one over the other as they are so different, yet well executed visions of Batman. I'll admit I'm not as into the new DC films, but I still watch and can understand the draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burton is # 1 in my book, will always be.

But can’t just pretend that what Nolan did wasn’t amazing. He made Batman relevant again when it comes to movies.

Only to have Snyder destroy it all.

Burton is # 1 in my book, will always be.

But can’t just pretend that what Nolan did wasn’t amazing. He made Batman relevant again when it comes to movies.

Only to have Snyder destroy it all.

I still say Nolan ruined Batman. TDK trilogy overall isn't what I vision Batman to be. And somehow it's over hyped and became the main stream version of Batman. People think Batman has throat cancer and drives a garbage truck,

I still say Nolan ruined Batman. TDK trilogy overall isn't what I vision Batman to be. And somehow it's over hyped and became the main stream version of Batman. People think Batman has throat cancer and drives a garbage truck,

:lol:lol:lol

Huh? I never thought Batman has throat cancer and drives a garbage truck. Speak for yourself...

The 89 Batmobile is still easily the best we've seen on screen in my opinion.

Back