1/3 Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that they pose is more battle ready versus a dynamic because it will go along with the p1 predator perfectly as a companion piece.
I always get the sense like the jungle hunter it’s a full 3d statue size of the model of the hunter, it’s why it’s museum pose. We can see every little detail of the hunter, think it’s the perfect pose they could’ve gone for

Not sure if you're talking about me or those who don't like it haha. But I'll just restate that I'll be P.Oing this day 1

It seemed as if some new info or photos had been made available - guess I misunderstood (* where's that "blushing" smiley when you need it? :) *)

Courtesy of Shoo on the other forum:

J29Jmw3.png

GqJ5uoW.png

Initial thoughts.

The good:
  • I like the base design.
  • The body proportions (shows the tubby bit that IS there on the City Hunter).
  • The unmasked headsculpts.
  • Including the trophy skulls and the expanded/collapsed spears.

The not-so-good:
  • While I accept the severed arm will appeal to most - it looks dumb to me without the torso damage - so it's unnecessary IMO.
  • The masked headsculpt is not right and looks odd (as is almost ALWAYS the case).
  • The idiocy in the footnotes as they get scenes confused :slap
  • It's PRIME 1 making it :chase

K - rewatched it 5 times now (heck - I ADORE the franchise, and PARTICULARLY this movie [POSSIBLY my fave movie of all time] - & the City Hunter design).

Easy pass for me though (for all sorts of reasons).

I think Matt / @Python and Col / @Collectorcol (as well as plenty of others) will probably like it though.

I see they're doing what they did with the Jungle Hunter and including a half-open mouth with this one (from the scene where he looks at Harrigan after breaking his gun and roars with only the upper mandibles open). Looks like we're getting a bust for the closed mouth?

The trophies are cool, but making every single one of them without a proper place to put them all? I assume they'll each have their own stands, but without being integrated into the statue, it feels like a lot of production money going into unnecessary things.

The battle-damaged gimmicks (if they make more) could be fun and might be better-suited for this pose, but they won't make this a must-own.

Base is also not nearly as interesting as the Jungle Hunter's, nor as intricate. I hope the price reflects this.

I'll stick with the 1/4 version. It's frustrating that they didn't include leather cording with it, but a trip to the craft store is cheaper than this 1/3.

Back